News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Jesus' Origin Story

Started by Blackleaf, December 21, 2016, 06:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: popsthebuilder on March 24, 2017, 02:35:24 PM
All faiths I have read of so far have a Messiah figure. It is the spirit/ fire of GOD which brings salvation and or unity between creation and created purpose.

The slight differences are indicative of different cultures and times.

faith in selfless unity for good

Well, yes, the CONCEPT is sort of the basis for a theism.  Do you have any evidence that YOUR tgeism is more accurate than others or none?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: popsthebuilder on March 24, 2017, 02:36:21 PM
True and telling. Thank you.

The least bit of evidence might be interesting.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Cavebear on March 25, 2017, 02:09:27 AM
Well, yes, the CONCEPT is sort of the basis for a theism.  Do you have any evidence that YOUR tgeism is more accurate than others or none?
The evidence I have gathered for my theology?

The most obvious comparisons would be to "Christianity" and "Islam". Please do not conflate what I am about to say as me saying all Christians or Muslims are wrong, because I am only going to be referencing particular sects of said religions, and by no means look to oust the entirety of the faithful.

Anyone who thinks that they can go about knowingly doing wrong against themselves and or others all while thinking they are safe from the consiquinces (much or Christianity) then they are dead wrong. Likewise if any judge another, knowing full well the law given to them and the merciful nature of GOD, yet knowingly do not reciprocate this mercy, and judge harshly those whom they, in their own error, deem infidels, then they too are in great error.

These are the two most obvious cases I know of, and the easiest to compare to my theology or doctrine which is in actuality, the same as theirs.

peace

Baruch

Evidence = when two materialists agree on the same things aka objectivity ;-)

Pops - you should be the Pope ... you know what you are talking about.  I only hope, the present Pope, does likewise.

Western Civ is the result of the conflation of Christianity, Judaism and Islam.  Christianity was formed by the impact of Judaism on European paganism.  Mediated by Hellenized Messianic Jews, eventually Christianity became self-sufficient without further need of Jewish guidance.  But Jews who were still in the midst of the Europeans .. and were rabbinic (not Hellenized) continue to "season" Christendom.  Eventually a new external challenge arose, that is still being met, the challenge of Islam.  A part of Classical paganism was materialism/secularism/humanism ... of which our friends here are members.  They are neo-pagans, even if they don't like the label .. just not theists.  They have as many fantasies as the theists do ... about their manifest destiny.

Meanwhile, in spite of Muslim oppression and Christian genocide .. we Jews persist.  The current War on Terror of course, is an attempt to exterminate the Muslims.  Arabs had been under the tutelage of Jews and Christians, until the coming of Muhammad.  Understandably, Muslims are opposed to being genocided.  The more we genocide them, the more they resist.  The non-humanist atheists (nobody here) would ultimately genocide all theists, not just Muslims.  And would also exterminate each other for having the wrong non-humanist ideology.  Anti-humanism is ultimately psychopathic.  Fortunately all our friends here are atheist humanist, as I am theist humanist.  It is true I feel great alienation as many here do.  I have to find a way to forgive humanity for its many faults.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

The Indo-European invasion of Europe (and elsewhere) happened in pre-historic times (very early Bronze Age).  Think of them as Russian/Persian gypsies.  They not only had cattle (in addition to other livestock) ... they had horses, wagons, bronze weapons, and drugs (fermented mare's milk aka kumis).  Like Masai in E Africa, they could drink blood from their livestock if necessary.  And they had mastiff dogs.  See Kurgans -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurgan

My European ancestry goes back to at least the Mesolithic (on my mother's side) and the Neolithic (on my father's side).  But there must be many Kurgans in my ancestry as well, they were much more successful than the historical gypsies (Indian gypsies descended from Persian gypsies).  Think of the present African/NE/SA invasion of Europe as a continuation of past folk migrations.  My Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry developed much later, in Roman times ... with the intermarrying of existing Gentile Europeans with ME Jews who got there via Roman trade routes .. where the resulting family stayed in the Jewish community, not the Gentile community.  English derives from German, which is a stem of Indo-European.  To get any out of Matrix objectivity, i use my Jewishness to set apart my mostly European background.  Just like I use English news as a way of escaping the American news Matrix.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: popsthebuilder on March 25, 2017, 11:01:33 AM
The evidence I have gathered for my theology?

The most obvious comparisons would be to "Christianity" and "Islam". Please do not conflate what I am about to say as me saying all Christians or Muslims are wrong, because I am only going to be referencing particular sects of said religions, and by no means look to oust the entirety of the faithful.

Anyone who thinks that they can go about knowingly doing wrong against themselves and or others all while thinking they are safe from the consiquinces (much or Christianity) then they are dead wrong. Likewise if any judge another, knowing full well the law given to them and the merciful nature of GOD, yet knowingly do not reciprocate this mercy, and judge harshly those whom they, in their own error, deem infidels, then they too are in great error.

These are the two most obvious cases I know of, and the easiest to compare to my theology or doctrine which is in actuality, the same as theirs.

peace

Well that is rather bizarre.  "doing wrong against themselves" makes little sense.  I thought you were complaining about doing "wrong" against you supposed deity?

We all judge each other,  I do you, we all do.  Is that judgement against your deity? Isn't part of your deitie's purpose to judge?  Not like I care about it.  Your deity doesn't exist to me. 

You just don't realize how non-existant your superstitious imaginings of of a deity are in my life, do you?  Can you even conceive of my utter uncaring of your primitive superstitious are?  How little I regard your theisms?

To me you are a primitive hunter looking at a plane and denying it's existence.  A flat-earther thinking your BEIBG can see the whole Earth at one, a Flooder, an creationist.   You are several levels below my contempt.

popsthebuilder

I'm not denying the existence of anything. You are.

If you didn't care you wouldn't ask.

Primitive. Don't make me laugh.

You don't have to accept what I say, just stop asking questions if you really don't care.

What is primitive is denying something over and over regardless of how probable that thing is. Maybe not primitive; just dense.

Sorginak

If a Christian used the same logic in denying the existence of the Islamic god in also denying the Christian god, it would become easily apparent why atheists deny the existence of all gods. 

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Sorginak on April 03, 2017, 08:53:51 AM
If a Christian used the same logic in denying the existence of the Islamic god in also denying the Christian god, it would become easily apparent why atheists deny the existence of all gods.
A Christian who is zealous and sincere wld take the time to study the Quran to find if it is the inspired word of GOD or not. Unfortunately most allow fear and indoctrination to dictate their very thought processes.

SGOS

Quote from: popsthebuilder on April 03, 2017, 09:00:31 AM
A Christian who is zealous and sincere wld take the time to study the Quran to find if it is the inspired word of GOD or not.
Yeah, but if he can't read, what then?  He might not even see the part where it says it's the word of God.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on April 03, 2017, 10:03:18 AM
Yeah, but if he can't read, what then?  He might not even see the part where it says it's the word of God.
Or live in the place or the time in which 'god' was unknown. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

popsthebuilder

Quote from: SGOS on April 03, 2017, 10:03:18 AM
Well....To be honest; one can know the will of GOD in their individual life without any book whatsoever.

Also; one, zealous to know of such things, perhaps being awakened somehow, I would think, would learn to read.

Sorginak

Interestingly enough, before Christian missionaries corrupted small African villages with their biblical lies, those native African people knew absolutely nothing of the Christian god. 

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Sorginak on April 03, 2017, 10:17:38 AM
Interestingly enough, before Christian missionaries corrupted small African villages with their biblical lies, those native African people knew absolutely nothing of the Christian god.
That's odd. The cradle of life is in Africa as is the Ethiopian Orthodox Church which actually has the book of Enoch within it's bible.

What biblical lies are you referring to? They are most likely poorly translated in order to appease man's own wants. But that makes it rather un-biblical; as one thing that is intact in nearly all core sacred texts is the command not to alter the texts.

SGOS

Quote from: popsthebuilder on April 03, 2017, 10:15:19 AM
Well....To be honest; one can know the will of GOD in their individual life without any book whatsoever.
Well, that makes reading unnecessary.