Would you say that this article demonstrates Genesis?

Started by Murat_Devekusu, December 17, 2016, 03:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on December 17, 2016, 10:53:35 PM
Iron age poetry is just poetry.  It isn't right or wrong.  Is "itsy bitsy spider" right or wrong?  It is something a child recites.
Okay.  But I have not heard of anybody getting killed over 'Itsy bitsy spider'.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 18, 2016, 09:01:46 AM
Okay.  But I have not heard of anybody getting killed over 'Itsy bitsy spider'.

Maybe some stupid kid was doing this routine in the street without looking for traffic ;-(

People are bad, so blame their memes.  This works in many areas of politics.  Even Christians say, condemn the sin, not the sinner.  Well I condemn the sinner.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on December 18, 2016, 09:08:58 AM
Maybe some stupid kid was doing this routine in the street without looking for traffic ;-(

People are bad, so blame their memes.  This works in many areas of politics.  Even Christians say, condemn the sin, not the sinner.  Well I condemn the sinner.
Generally speaking, I don't think people are bad; I think the average guy would prefer to do 'good' as opposed to 'bad'.  And , yes, those two words are loaded--what is good and what is bad.  And I guess it depends upon what the 'sin' is.  I condemn both the person and the act if his name is Manson.  If the 'sin' is a 12 yr. old boy jerking off in his room, I blame the 'sin'.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Said like someone who might support US foreign policy for the last 35 years ... starting with Al Qaida in Afghanistan.  Our freedom fighters are their terrorists.  I don't accept that kind of relativism.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on December 18, 2016, 12:04:37 PM
Said like someone who might support US foreign policy for the last 35 years ... starting with Al Qaida in Afghanistan.  Our freedom fighters are their terrorists.  I don't accept that kind of relativism.
What???

Fifa-girl-1999

No, this article has a few issues:
first, if we believe evolution, the current theory is that we all started in Africa, and eventually migrated around the world. If this is true, than it makes sense that people in Israel and the Middle East would have distant African ancestry. Also, this article is talking about a study analyzing sub-Saharan Africa. The fact that Jacob married an Egyptian is irrelevant, because Egyptians are not Sub-Saharan. The article also uses a leap of faith when it claims that because Jewish people mixed with North Africans, it is likely that they mixed with other African populations. Again, this is just an assumption. Africa is close to present day Israel on the map, so there is no surprise that there was mixing. This article is looking for parallels between religion and science. At best, the article proves that the bible is correct in stating that there was mixture with Jewish populations and African populations. That is one parallel, it does not mean that all of science and religion are now parallel. The world was not created in 6 days, and is not only 6000 years old. We can look at geology to debunk that. Therefore, this article is wishful thinking, and has no grounds as being considered a fact. 

Baruch

Fifa-girl ... have you made an introduction post yet?  Please do, I am looking forward to it ;-)

There is genetic diffusion, cultural diffusion and language diffusion ... all overlapping.  They don't always match each other.    Language wise ... the original Israelites were Semites, like the Arabs.  The Egyptians were Hamites, similar to the Berbers.  The Hamites and Semites split off from each other during the Ice Ages, entering the non-African areas after the Mt Toba explosion in 75,000 BC.  Homo Erectus didn't survive that, but the Neanderthals in Europe and Near East did ... along with modern humans in Africa.  When one branch of modern humans left Africa via Yemen, they ended up in Australia eventually.  The Sahara was a watered savannah ... pre-Hamites lived there.  When the Sahara returned to being a desert, part of the Hamites were isolated on the Sub-Saharan area, and in E Africa.  Others were isolated to the N African coast (Berbers), the others migrated to the Nile valley, becoming the first Egyptians.  Some of those Egyptians migrated thru the Sinai to the N East and the Semites (people left behind nearest Africa) migrated thru the Sinai to Egypt (more than once).  These migrations back and forth across the Sinai, and military expeditions, are the basis for the 1st thru 5th books of the Jewish Bible aka Books of Moses.  These aren't histories or even genealogies, they are a complex hagiography and foundation myth, that has been reworked multiple times.  All three forms of diffusion, went back and forth between the Near East/Egypt and Yemen/Ethiopia.  This is pretty much who Jews were 2000 years ago.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Murat_Devekusu on December 17, 2016, 03:14:29 AM
https://www.icr.org/article/6188/

These kinds of things aren't meant to persuade unbelievers of the truth of the Bible or religion. They are merely put out there so the flock can feel it has good rational reasons for its belief. Why they bring such silliness here only their God knows...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on December 18, 2016, 09:08:58 AM
Even Christians say, condemn the sin, not the sinner.  Well I condemn the sinner.

That's like saying "condemn the murder, not the murderer." Just more silly prattling.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman