Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello!

Started by Fifa-girl-1999, December 19, 2016, 02:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Fifa-girl-1999 on December 20, 2016, 03:09:58 AM
LOL what's with all the "soccer" hate?
Given its status as a less popular sport in the US (sharply behind American football and basketball, iirc), it's the runt of the litter and it's always fun to make fun of the runt.  Plus, there's the perennial dispute regarding its name between people living in US/Canada and everyone else.  The reputation for exaggerated fouls probably doesn't help things.

But I love soccer and it's always been a great blend of teamwork, strategy, reflexes, and coordination.  Pretty much the same stuff people like about baseball but with much less downtime.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 20, 2016, 12:29:32 PM

But I love soccer and it's always been a great blend of teamwork, strategy, reflexes, and coordination.  Pretty much the same stuff people like about baseball but with much less downtime.
Come on Hydra, it's all down time for both soccer and basketball. :))))
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Fifa-girl-1999 on December 19, 2016, 02:54:59 PM
Hello everyone! My name is Alexia and I am currently an agnostic wanting to learn more about the world around me, and the universe. I am 17 years old, and I love football (soccer). I was born into a Ukrainian-Catholic family (similar to Greek Catholic) and ever since I was younger I always questioned religion. There are many gaps that are yet to be filled, especially in the bible. Although I see through many religious claims and ideologies, there are a few concepts that I am still not fully convinced are just "made up". I would love to learn some of your ideas/thoughts/opinions on some of the topics I have not fully come to terms with.
If anyone has any other questions for me, just ask ;-)
All the best,
Alexia

A belated greeting to you, Alexia.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Ro3bert

Hi Alexia, welcome to the land of unbelievers that is except for me and about a hundred thousand other American and Canadians. Best game going, we watch US men's and women's (states and National teams), Bundsleague, and as much Premier League as we can.

BTW what position(s) do you play?

viocjit

Ukrainian : Ласкаво просимо! Ти перша українська Ñ,ам.
English : Welcome ! You're first Ukrainian there.