News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello!

Started by Fifa-girl-1999, December 19, 2016, 02:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fifa-girl-1999

Hello everyone! My name is Alexia and I am currently an agnostic wanting to learn more about the world around me, and the universe. I am 17 years old, and I love football (soccer). I was born into a Ukrainian-Catholic family (similar to Greek Catholic) and ever since I was younger I always questioned religion. There are many gaps that are yet to be filled, especially in the bible. Although I see through many religious claims and ideologies, there are a few concepts that I am still not fully convinced are just "made up". I would love to learn some of your ideas/thoughts/opinions on some of the topics I have not fully come to terms with.
If anyone has any other questions for me, just ask ;-)
All the best,
Alexia

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Fifa-girl-1999 on December 19, 2016, 02:54:59 PM
Hello everyone! My name is Alexia and I am currently an agnostic wanting to learn more about the world around me, and the universe. I am 17 years old, and I love football (soccer). I was born into a Ukrainian-Catholic family (similar to Greek Catholic) and ever since I was younger I always questioned religion. There are many gaps that are yet to be filled, especially in the bible. Although I see through many religious claims and ideologies, there are a few concepts that I am still not fully convinced are just "made up". I would love to learn some of your ideas/thoughts/opinions on some of the topics I have not fully come to terms with.
If anyone has any other questions for me, just ask ;-)
All the best,
Alexia

Welcome to our little band of heathens, FG-'99.
Always nice to see someone who calls football football.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Welcome to the board. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

Quote from: Fifa-girl-1999 on December 19, 2016, 02:54:59 PM
there are a few concepts that I am still not fully convinced are just "made up".

the first one is football is "football"...for god sake football if fucking football...soccer is wussball...........there I said it!

oh yeah...and Welcome!
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Solomon Zorn

When I was 17, I was eyeball-deep in Christianity. But I also got laid a lot more. Go figure.

Welcome.

And soccer's for succers. :raspberries:
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Mr.Obvious

Big words from fans of special needs rugby ;)

Fifa-girl-1999

LOL what's with all the "soccer" hate?

Shiranu

People have shitty taste in sports and have to compensate for it.

What teams you go for?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

I used to be pretty good at soccer. Don't watch it though. I don't hate soccer, just don't watch it. Soccer and hockey are probably the only two sports I can enjoy watching, but because I don't watch it enough and don't follow it, I don't care.

Anyway. Welcome to the forum, fellow Ukrainian-blooded friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzLtF_PxbYw

Mike Cl

Quote from: Fifa-girl-1999 on December 20, 2016, 03:09:58 AM
LOL what's with all the "soccer" hate?
This is the US and all things football happen with pads on.  And touchdowns--not goals.  Goals are something football teams have--their goal is to win the game.  If you really want to see football at it's best (worst) try going to Alabama in the fall. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 20, 2016, 09:53:42 AM
This is the US and all things football happen with pads on.  And touchdowns--not goals.  Goals are something football teams have--their goal is to win the game.  If you really want to see football at it's best (worst) try going to Alabama in the fall.

Actually, this is the internet. And just because created a game called American football that The rest of the world isn't interested in playing with you, doesn't mean you can make football stop being football. :)

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on December 20, 2016, 10:02:37 AM
Actually, this is the internet. And just because created a game called American football that The rest of the world isn't interested in playing with you, doesn't mean you can make football stop being football. :)
Tell that to the Crimson Tide!!!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on December 20, 2016, 10:02:37 AM
Or-----tell that to the Trump voters!!

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 20, 2016, 10:25:37 AM
Tell that to the Crimson Tide!!!

Fine, find me a DVD-copy of that film, and I will!!!

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 20, 2016, 10:26:30 AM
Or-----tell that to the Trump voters!!

lol :p