Atheists help! Fear of hell:what are the odds that this story was actually true?

Started by Murat_Devekusu, December 18, 2016, 04:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murat_Devekusu

I am going through one of my worries about hell again. What do you guys think are truly the odds that the Howard Storm story is actually true? How likely is it that he actually saw hell?
Here is a link to his story for those who are not aware of it.

https://youtu.be/CwBEerA4_uY

I am so worried about this I have lost sleep over it because I am scared that I and my loved ones may end up in hell forever. What can I do? I can't get this video out of my head :-( Would you say it is less than a 5% chance that he actually saw hell assuming he is not intentionally lying and being as sincere as he can?

Jason78

The human brain does all sorts of odd things when it's deprived of oxygen.  These effects are well documented.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Mr.Obvious

Somewhere between slim and nill.
Also, in your first four posts, you've made 3 threads.
How about making theone you are allowed to, when under 10: How's about an introduction there mate?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SGOS

This is an anecdotal story.  It cannot be verified, and offers no actual evidence to support the existence of Heaven or Hell.  Furthermore, there is no evidence to support he actually believes his own claim than there is evidence that he is simply lying.  There is no more evidence for the truth of his claim than for claims by those who say they have been abducted by aliens.  This sort of thing makes for great Utube videos that get lots of hits, but like other similar claims about unsupported things, it falls in the category of "bunk".  You don't believe people get abducted by aliens do you?  You don't just up and believe someone remembers a past life he lived 200 years ago.  Well, maybe you do.  In that case you need to get it together if for no other reason than to stop tormenting yourself with pointless concerns about things no one actually knows, or the ravings of  self-centered publicity whores who make absurd claims and are looking to be the center of attention.

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

People make their own heaven and their own hell.  Heaven and Hell aren't some time in the future, they are right here, right now.  Are you in Heaven?  Good for you!  Are you in Hell?  You need to do something about that!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

Have you ever had a dream? It's mostly like that, only its a dream.....hello?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hydra009

One of this guy's threads consists solely of a creationist link.  What are the odds that this thread is genuine?   :headscratch:

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Johan

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Hijiri Byakuren

Eh, if there is a hell then that's where Einstein and Sagan are. I know who I'd rather hang out with. :lol:
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on December 18, 2016, 10:31:57 PM
Eh, if there is a hell then that's where Einstein and Sagan are. I know who I'd rather hang out with. :lol:
Out of ice cream??!!  That, alone, is a sin enough to send you straight to hell (or Texas)!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Sorginak

Most charlatans provide sincerity for the purpose of the dollar sign.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Murat_Devekusu on December 18, 2016, 04:51:09 PM
I am going through one of my worries about hell again. What do you guys think are truly the odds that the Howard Storm story is actually true? How likely is it that he actually saw hell?
Here is a link to his story for those who are not aware of it.

https://youtu.be/CwBEerA4_uY

I am so worried about this I have lost sleep over it because I am scared that I and my loved ones may end up in hell forever. What can I do? I can't get this video out of my head :-( Would you say it is less than a 5% chance that he actually saw hell assuming he is not intentionally lying and being as sincere as he can?
[mod]If you make one more thread without investing in to it with discussion, you will be banned for trolling and spam.

This is your first and last warning.[/mod]