Atheists, what do you think about this argument for intelligent design?

Started by Murat_Devekusu, December 17, 2016, 03:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 17, 2016, 09:16:34 AM
You got 60 years to listen?  I am 60 for a few more weeks, and it has taken me that long to sus out all the wisdom and BS in life.

You've figured it all out in only almost 60 years?  Congratulations!  So why haven't you actually demonstrated this understanding so far?  You must be hiding it for a Big Day.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 19, 2017, 04:57:52 AM
You've figured it all out in only almost 60 years?  Congratulations!  So why haven't you actually demonstrated this understanding so far?  You must be hiding it for a Big Day.

In the Stone Age, people worshipped cave bears ... no so much anymore.  What are you waiting for, the next Ice Age?

Our drive by religious are dodos ... and I am Sid ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RhqR2ZGkc0
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 19, 2017, 06:40:45 AM
In the Stone Age, people worshipped cave bears ... no so much anymore.  What are you waiting for, the next Ice Age?

Our drive by religious are dodos ... and I am Sid ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RhqR2ZGkc0

That makes no sense.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 19, 2017, 06:48:00 AM
That makes no sense.

Quoth the dodo, nevermore ...

Have you observed our drive by amateur evangelicals at all?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

doorknob

Poor christians. They fail time and time again to realize that this is the same argument we've already heard. Do your home work on popular arguments before repeating the same dried up crap.

Cavebear

Quote from: doorknob on February 20, 2017, 01:11:51 AM
Poor christians. They fail time and time again to realize that this is the same argument we've already heard. Do your home work on popular arguments before repeating the same dried up crap.
I actually sometimes wish for an argument from theists I haven't heard before.  It would be a relief.  Something new would brighten up my day.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 20, 2017, 01:15:32 AM
I actually sometimes wish for an argument from theists I haven't heard before.  It would be a relief.  Something new would brighten up my day.

Hard to say something new about millennia old religions ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

One person says, "I don't understand how this works, therefore god did it."
Another person,  "God must have done this, because it's too complicated to understand."

Those are two identical arguments, but each guy thinks he's having an original insight, and then rushes to the nearest atheist forum to totally flabbergast everyone with what has to be overwhelming evidence of the unknown.

But there isn't any evidence for the unknown, because, well..., it's unknown.

fencerider

there can be evidence for the unknown, if I know something that you don't. a little game of insider trading.

Drive by religion can't be dodos. The dodos are all gone. Drive by religions are still here.... Maybe they are so stupid we can beat them to death, but ya haven't beaten them yet
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on March 01, 2017, 12:32:26 AM
there can be evidence for the unknown, if I know something that you don't. a little game of insider trading.

Drive by religion can't be dodos. The dodos are all gone. Drive by religions are still here.... Maybe they are so stupid we can beat them to death, but ya haven't beaten them yet

There can always be new information to cause science to change.  It is revisionist by nature.  As opposed to changing theistic beliefs which really do have to be bludgeoned before they disappear.

I actually delight in the idea that theists will gather around one theistic deity someday.  Assuming they don't decide/manage to kill us all to prove the power of their deity first, then when THAT one is finally set aside we might actually be free of the whole horrible concept. 

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: Cavebear on February 20, 2017, 01:15:32 AM
Maybe today is that day...ever hear of the Infinite Absolute One that in an expression of self existence procreated infinite finite one's aka universes/souls?

It might not brighten your day but I can gaurentee you've never heard it before ;)

More fundamental than "intelligent" design. It's a purely geometric procreative design. No special pleading required. The natural order/laws of the universe are unfolded/individualized out of a privioisly unified state....which still exists above and below a metaversal stack of equal sized universes.

A universe is viewed as a cavitated/quantized state (finite) within the infinite unified state....like a bubble in an ocean with no top or bottom. That ocean would be the body of God. The quantum fluctuation (cavitation) that begin "creation" would be an expression of self existence or a shock of self recognition..."I am endless, my name is Forever. I am all around, at the center everywhere and equal throughout."

The concept of God this navigation employs is that of an infinite absolute substance taking up all space forever in all directions. An infinite singularity. An infinite One. Pure being, no voided space. A universe is mostly voided space that patterns for an interesting quantum building block we call the atom....which has a peripheral border condition a central point nucleus....and a probability field of electron appearance between.

This navigation treats God as an absolute infinite object rather than an anthropomorphized subjective persona.

aitm

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 14, 2017, 05:44:20 PM

More fundamental than "intelligent" design. It's a purely geometric procreative design. No special pleading required. The natural order/laws of the universe are unfolded/individualized out of a privioisly unified state....which still exists above and below a metaversal stack of equal sized universes.

A universe is viewed as a cavitated/quantized state (finite) within the infinite unified state....like a bubble in an ocean with no top or bottom. That ocean would be the body of God. The quantum fluctuation (cavitation) that begin "creation" would be an expression of self existence or a shock of self recognition..."I am endless, my name is Forever. I am all around, at the center everywhere and equal throughout."

The concept of God this navigation employs is that of an infinite absolute substance taking up all space forever in all directions. An infinite singularity. An infinite One. Pure being, no voided space. A universe is mostly voided space that patterns for an interesting quantum building block we call the atom....which has a peripheral border condition a central point nucleus....and a probability field of electron appearance between.

This navigation treats God as an absolute infinite object rather than an anthropomorphized subjective persona.

What a wonderful way to explain a god that says you should be put to death for having sex before marriage....cause.....that'll never happen....but good ole god is.. after all... the omniscient...so....he wouldn't really know what is going to happen in the future cause he isn't omnisie....oh wait...well........that sucks.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: aitm on April 14, 2017, 07:56:43 PM
What a wonderful way to explain a god that says you should be put to death for having sex before marriage....cause.....that'll never happen....but good ole god is.. after all... the omniscient...so....he wouldn't really know what is going to happen in the future cause he isn't omnisie....oh wait...well........that sucks.
lmao! You cheeky atheist, you're trying to get me to defend a highly abridged collection of books aren't you....;)

aitm

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 14, 2017, 08:46:13 PM
lmao! You cheeky atheist, you're trying to get me to defend a highly abridged collection of books aren't you....;)
Well do us all a favor and define this mighty wizard of a minuscule planet amongst a impossible legion of space that only a god could not begin to comprehend to have created.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust