Atheists, what do you think about this argument for intelligent design?

Started by Murat_Devekusu, December 17, 2016, 03:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Atheon

Quote from: Baruch on December 17, 2016, 10:55:19 PM
You are the most credulous person here ;-) ... If you were an Eskimo, I could see ice cubes to you ;-))  But that is OK, bee yourself, just don't sting me.
Credulous? I'm a skeptic and an atheist. I also don't blindly and unquestioningly believe Republican lies.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

pr126

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on December 18, 2016, 05:58:31 AM
This is just in:

Democrats never lie. Honest.

D-party cognitive dissonance could be used to power fusion reactors and provide free power for the whole world.  The R-party is no different.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on December 18, 2016, 08:02:03 AM
I can't remember where this thread got off track.

This thread is proof there is no intelligent design ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Fifa-girl-1999

This whole article makes a variety of assumptions. The real answer to the origin of the universe is: we don't exactly know how the universe began. Through science, we have access to theories which do not require intelligent design. At the moment, until we can investigate further, this is the best explanation we have for the start of the universe. No one knows exactly what took place for the universe to come into existence. This article seems to suggest that because we don't know, and have a hard time figuring out how the universe started, that it cannot be anything other than intelligent design. Does this mean that even if some of these theories we have today are slightly flawed that the universe was created through intelligent design? No, it only means that we don't know how it began.

Baruch

I am with Fifa-girl ... people making claims, should be modest, if their experimental evidence, or observational evidence is limited.  We know nothing before the 3.5K radiation boundary.  And even aside from that, we still don't know much at even a galaxy level, let alone everything that went on in the last 13 billion years.  Maybe someday we will know better ... maybe.

No of course, non-scientific claims, like intelligent design, aren't speaking of knowledge (aka science).  They are speaking of imagination.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Feral Atheist

ID is nothing more than a ploy to explain away science, after science proved that the bible and creation are just ancient ignorance from people that didn't even understand where the sun went at night.
In dog beers I've only had one.

Baruch

Quote from: Feral Atheist on January 11, 2017, 06:34:17 PM
ID is nothing more than a ploy to explain away science, after science proved that the bible and creation are just ancient ignorance from people that didn't even understand where the sun went at night.

Have you visited Helios beyond the Western horizon?  How do you know?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Poison Tree

"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 12, 2017, 05:10:14 PM
Surely you jest...

:confuse:

Everything is narrative ... it is all truthiness.  So do you control your narrative, or does the CIA, or someone else (called authority).  Existence is a made up story.  But no, I am not an ancient Greco-Roman, but I did sleep overnight in the Forum ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.