Atheists, what do you think about this argument for intelligent design?

Started by Murat_Devekusu, December 17, 2016, 03:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: aitm on April 14, 2017, 09:56:26 PM
Well do us all a favor and define this mighty wizard of a minuscule planet amongst a impossible legion of space that only a god could not begin to comprehend to have created.
Try more sense make, bad input.

Baruch

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 14, 2017, 05:44:20 PM
Maybe today is that day...ever hear of the Infinite Absolute One that in an expression of self existence procreated infinite finite one's aka universes/souls?

It might not brighten your day but I can gaurentee you've never heard it before ;)

More fundamental than "intelligent" design. It's a purely geometric procreative design. No special pleading required. The natural order/laws of the universe are unfolded/individualized out of a privioisly unified state....which still exists above and below a metaversal stack of equal sized universes.

A universe is viewed as a cavitated/quantized state (finite) within the infinite unified state....like a bubble in an ocean with no top or bottom. That ocean would be the body of God. The quantum fluctuation (cavitation) that begin "creation" would be an expression of self existence or a shock of self recognition..."I am endless, my name is Forever. I am all around, at the center everywhere and equal throughout."

The concept of God this navigation employs is that of an infinite absolute substance taking up all space forever in all directions. An infinite singularity. An infinite One. Pure being, no voided space. A universe is mostly voided space that patterns for an interesting quantum building block we call the atom....which has a peripheral border condition a central point nucleus....and a probability field of electron appearance between.

This navigation treats God as an absolute infinite object rather than an anthropomorphized subjective persona.

So ... Dirac's sea of electrons ... which implies that atheists are made of anti-matter? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: aitm on April 15, 2017, 09:18:47 AM
Compared to your parabelch up 4? Ha.
What it boils down to is that no new material needs to be created. What is created is organize space within pre-existing material.  This is more reasonable than something from nothing.

Baruch

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 15, 2017, 08:33:09 PM
What it boils down to is that no new material needs to be created. What is created is organize space within pre-existing material.  This is more reasonable than something from nothing.

The initial singularity so called, is simply a boundary to spacetime, and a unique one, always in the past relative to us.  But the idea of a boundary to the universe, was disputed millennia ago by an ancient Greek who said .. whatever boundary the Cosmos may have, if I come to the edge, I can always put my hand beyond it.  But this doesn't work with a boundary in the past.  John Philoponus, Saadia Gaon, Al-Kindi and Al-Ghazali all imagined a finite universe, and finite in time.

Personally I think that if we could reach back in time, the origin would simply slip farther back into time, as we approach it.  But that only happens in old Dr Who episodes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 14, 2017, 05:44:20 PM
Maybe today is that day...ever hear of the Infinite Absolute One that in an expression of self existence procreated infinite finite one's aka universes/souls?

It might not brighten your day but I can gaurentee you've never heard it before ;)

More fundamental than "intelligent" design. It's a purely geometric procreative design. No special pleading required. The natural order/laws of the universe are unfolded/individualized out of a privioisly unified state....which still exists above and below a metaversal stack of equal sized universes.

A universe is viewed as a cavitated/quantized state (finite) within the infinite unified state....like a bubble in an ocean with no top or bottom. That ocean would be the body of God. The quantum fluctuation (cavitation) that begin "creation" would be an expression of self existence or a shock of self recognition..."I am endless, my name is Forever. I am all around, at the center everywhere and equal throughout."

The concept of God this navigation employs is that of an infinite absolute substance taking up all space forever in all directions. An infinite singularity. An infinite One. Pure being, no voided space. A universe is mostly voided space that patterns for an interesting quantum building block we call the atom....which has a peripheral border condition a central point nucleus....and a probability field of electron appearance between.

This navigation treats God as an absolute infinite object rather than an anthropomorphized subjective persona.

Congratulations!  I thought I had heard heard all the idiotic religious arguments possible.  You added a new one.

"The concept of God this navigation employs"  ?  Surely you jest...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

fencerider

so god is like a big fat white blood cell and earth is just a virus in it his belly?
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 15, 2017, 08:33:09 PM
Strangely, no serious scientist says we came from "nothing". What they say is we don't know what we came from.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on April 20, 2017, 02:56:04 AM
so god is like a big fat white blood cell and earth is just a virus in it his belly?

The Earth is hard to digest, but G-d is working on it.  Divine indigestion is the shits!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Ananta Shesha

Quote from: Cavebear on April 17, 2017, 03:27:33 AM
Congratulations!  I thought I had heard heard all the idiotic religious arguments possible.  You added a new one.

"The concept of God this navigation employs"  ?  Surely you jest...
"The idea of God I'm working with" ....whatever's clever Cavebear.

Just letting you know it's not a new idea and it was ubiquitous throughout the ancient world.  Not that I need to appeal to "authority" or history.

Cavebear

Quote from: Ananta Shesha on April 20, 2017, 01:51:47 PM
"The idea of God I'm working with" ....whatever's clever Cavebear.

Just letting you know it's not a new idea and it was ubiquitous throughout the ancient world.  Not that I need to appeal to "authority" or history.

So, humor us about "navigation". 

AllPurposeAtheist

You know..I have no idea how the New England Patriots won the super bowl, but I'm thoroughly convinced god had no hand in it. I also have no clue why the Cincinnati Reds are in first place for the same non-reasons..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Cavebear

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 21, 2017, 05:33:09 AM
You know..I have no idea how the New England Patriots won the super bowl, but I'm thoroughly convinced god had no hand in it. I also have no clue why the Cincinnati Reds are in first place for the same non-reasons..

I'm sure I've seen worse arguments, but I can't quote them. ;)

AllPurposeAtheist

There's always the theory of the infinite big and the infinite small that we're just a tiny part of a much much larger molecular structure and we're just a tiny molecule on a GIGANTIC shit pile which in turn is also another molecule on an even bigger shit pile and on and on and in reverse that within atoms and molecules we can detect are also smaller universes we can never detect..
How can this be?  Goddidit of course..
I get to go out and play god in the back yard all the time with the ants out there creating floods, earthquakes, pestilence from the sky, destroy them with fire and on and on.  I might even be out there creating new ants, but that's a highly guarded secret I cannot divulge or I'd have to kill you all.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Cavebear

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 21, 2017, 05:45:07 AM
There's always the theory of the infinite big and the infinite small that we're just a tiny part of a much much larger molecular structure and we're just a tiny molecule on a GIGANTIC shit pile which in turn is also another molecule on an even bigger shit pile and on and on and in reverse that within atoms and molecules we can detect are also smaller universes we can never detect..
How can this be?  Goddidit of course..
I get to go out and play god in the back yard all the time with the ants out there creating floods, earthquakes, pestilence from the sky, destroy them with fire and on and on.  I might even be out there creating new ants, but that's a highly guarded secret I cannot divulge or I'd have to kill you all.

Please do make sure that the ants stay small and don't develop stingers or whatnot.  Guide them, as a deity, to kindness.