Would you say that this article demonstrates Genesis?

Started by Murat_Devekusu, December 17, 2016, 03:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Murat_Devekusu on December 17, 2016, 03:14:29 AM
https://www.icr.org/article/6188/

My eyes!  Can't unseen that article ;-)

The only thing more pernicious than the idea that Jews are undermenschen ... is the idea that Jews are ubermenschen.

Actually Genesis is correct, in the original Hebrew only.  In Kabbalah, the universe is made up not of atoms or numbers, but the Hebrew letters (however Hebrew letters are also numbers).  Therefore every verse of the Hebrew Bible ... is a formula for gematria.  Modern genetics only proves that some, not all, Jewish genetic lines were preserved thru in-group marriage.  But that doesn't prove theism, it only proves the murderous nature of Gentiles.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

I'm not giving page views to ICR.

Equal opportunity butt-stabber.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

sdelsolray

No, but I give the author kudos for pretending to sound all sciency and stuff.  He should fool the lemmings quite easily.

AllPurposeAtheist

I have approximately zero interest in anything icr has to say other than admitting they're full of shit. Short of that..zip.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 17, 2016, 07:34:55 PM
No.  Genesis disproves itself.

Iron age poetry is just poetry.  It isn't right or wrong.  Is "itsy bitsy spider" right or wrong?  It is something a child recites.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Baruch on December 17, 2016, 10:53:35 PM
Iron age poetry is just poetry.  It isn't right or wrong.  Is "itsy bitsy spider" right or wrong?  It is something a child recites.
When people think that poetry is the literal truth of the world, it needs to be treated as a claim.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Murat_Devekusu on December 17, 2016, 03:14:29 AM
https://www.icr.org/article/6188/
so, are you actually going to provide a discussion with us? or are you going to spam links and duck out of each thread you create?

Atheon

Just the fact that it comes from ICR is sufficient to debunk it. That's how bad ICR's reputation is. Kind of like AIG, Breitbart and InfoWars. Sources of utter BS.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on December 18, 2016, 12:13:28 AM
When people think that poetry is the literal truth of the world, it needs to be treated as a claim.

This is the problem I have with atheists.  When ape men take something literally, or try to use it as a fact claim, or try to use it as an excuse for tyranny ... you laugh, you don't treat them as anything more than childish ape men .. Bedtime for Bonzo.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.