Started by Munch, December 15, 2016, 03:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

No... Oh by Spiderman No.. more.. minions :(

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6DBi41reeF0

The saddest part is I would love this movie series, IF NOT FOR BLOODY MINIONS
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

The trailer doesn't seem so bad.  It probably helped that the minions had a pretty muted role there.

I only watched the first Despicable movie and the minions were great.  A little goofball antics here and there was nice.  But then came the movie centered around them and the gajillion facebook memes about them, and they went from amusing to annoying really quick.  So yeah, I'm not dying to see this movie.

Munch

thats the sad part, they had such a charming idea with this series, Gru as a lovable bad guy and his family, I could get behind that. And might have still if they hadn't milked those disgusting little yellow tic tacs.

Hydra009

Munch

PickelledEggs

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Blackleaf

The first Despicable Me was a good movie with an original concept. The second one was...okay, but didn't need to exist. Now that there's a third one, I'm completely uninterested. Can't we ever just leave a good movie alone?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 16, 2016, 11:37:58 AM
The first Despicable Me was a good movie with an original concept. The second one was...okay, but didn't need to exist. Now that there's a third one, I'm completely uninterested. Can't we ever just leave a good movie alone?

It's the toy story formula, where they made three movies that got better and better, now every cgi movie with success thinks it can do the same.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on December 16, 2016, 02:23:34 PM
It's the toy story formula, where they made three movies that got better and better, now every cgi movie with success thinks it can do the same.

Remakes ... To Infinity And Beyond!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on December 16, 2016, 02:23:34 PM

The thing is Toy Story 2 was actually a good movie. Despicable Me 2 was a waste of time, and the Minions movie was so terrible, when I and my sister watched it with the intention of laughing at how bad it was, we just ended up stopping midway out of boredom.

Also, Toy Story 4 is apparently in production. God is dead, and Pixar killed him.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 18, 2016, 02:36:50 PM
The thing is Toy Story 2 was actually a good movie. Despicable Me 2 was a waste of time, and the Minions movie was so terrible, when I and my sister watched it with the intention of laughing at how bad it was, we just ended up stopping midway out of boredom.

Also, Toy Story 4 is apparently in production. God is dead, and Pixar killed him.

That's what I mean, toy story was a trilogy that got better with every movie, so because of its success every other cgi movie company thinks it can do the same, often with no real success.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 18, 2016, 02:36:50 PM

The story of Toy Story had it's perfect conclusion.....

WHY. THE FUCK. DRAW IT OUT AND RUIN IT????????????????????????????????

Munch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 18, 2016, 11:08:33 PM
The story of Toy Story had it's perfect conclusion.....

WHY. THE FUCK. DRAW IT OUT AND RUIN IT????????????????????????????????

I dunno :(, I hate when things are dragged out when they can conclude perfectly. Look at gravity falls, it was only 2 seasons, but it ended dramatically, in such a way they you would expect a summer vacation to end, and with nods to all characters next step in the future. To do more would just ruin a perfect send off.

It be like taking a perfect theater play, and because people loved the play so much, making a sequal to it despite the first story being perf..