Start putting chips in people ...

Started by Baruch, December 14, 2016, 07:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

widdershins

Quote from: Baruch on December 29, 2016, 12:56:33 PM
So probability then ... you used dice instead of a Ouija board.
That's actually more accurate than you know.  I have a HUGE bag full of D&D dice.  The Ouija has its uses, though, especially around young and/or stupid people.  Stand by the light switch so you can stealthily turn it off at the right moment when young/stupid people are using the Ouija and great fun can be had.
This sentence is a lie...

Baruch

But dice with more than six or less than six sides ... are demonic!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I have one of those 12 sided dies.  Fun, but no practical use so far.  Might be good as a pair in some craps game with math whizzes...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 01, 2017, 06:18:58 AM
I have one of those 12 sided dies.  Fun, but no practical use so far.  Might be good as a pair in some craps game with math whizzes...

I wouldn't want to be in any gambling situation where the other guy is a math whizz.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on January 01, 2017, 12:04:07 PM
I wouldn't want to be in any gambling situation where the other guy is a math whizz.
Then you should never play in the rain, man.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 01, 2017, 01:14:52 PM
Then you should never play in the rain, man.

Never play poker with a guy called "Doc", never play craps with a math major, and never race a guy named "Speedy".  On the other hand, always play air hockey against the guy holding a beer.  Well, actually, no one ever beat me at air hockey yet, so I suppose it doesn't matter if you've been drinking or not.  But that is just local games. 

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 14, 2016, 04:00:58 PM
Asking Brauch to support his statements is like asking a barnacle to fly.  Even if it knew how, it couldn't do it.

Forgive me from dredging that one up, but I cracked up reading it.  LOL!

Cavebear

My favorite game in college was Chicago.  The pot was divided between the highest and lowest hand at 5 card stud.  Once I realized that everyone else naturally went for the highest hands, I cleaned up.  I had JARS of pennies. 

I need to correct that.  It was 7 card stud, 2 cards down so you could construct a hand. It was decades ago..  And I don't play regular poker for a reason.  I can't bluff and I can't read a "tell" worth a damn.   Hurray for chess where everything is in the open.  LOL!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 26, 2018, 03:10:54 AM
My favorite game in college was Chicago.  The pot was divided between the highest and lowest hand at 5 card stud.  Once I realized that everyone else naturally went for the highest hands, I cleaned up.  I had JARS of pennies.

Do you realize how much you sound like Trump?  Similar age too.  Are your hands small?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 26, 2018, 01:10:45 PM
Do you realize how much you sound like Trump?  Similar age too.  Are your hands small?

You think Trump lived for jars of pennies?  We  played for pennies because they were cheaper than buying real poker chips which none of us had.   Or that small hands mean small penises?  Do you also routinely fall for  other Old Wives Tales?  I know a Nigerian Prince who would LOVE to contact you... 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 07, 2018, 03:39:44 AM
You think Trump lived for jars of pennies?  We  played for pennies because they were cheaper than buying real poker chips which none of us had.   Or that small hands mean small penises?  Do you also routinely fall for  other Old Wives Tales?  I know a Nigerian Prince who would LOVE to contact you...

I got contacted by the Nigerian prince in just one spam email.  I told him I was the US Treasurer, and needed to transfer some money outside of the usual channels ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: widdershins on December 16, 2016, 03:47:02 PM
I'm sure you're well aware that your argument is known as a "slippery slope fallacy".  There is nothing in this law suggesting it will ever become mandatory.  In fact, the law goes out of its way to say that it is very much NOT talking about chipping or marking people in any way to identify them.  You're arguing that this law is a bad thing because of what "could happen", even though the law goes out of its way to specifically forbid the very things you are concerned about.

This is like arguing that electricity is inherently evil because it can be used for evil.  In fact, it actually is used for evil.  Nuclear warheads wouldn't work without it, after all.  But that doesn't make electricity inherently bad.  And yes, all people everywhere could be forcibly "chipped" to track their every movement.  But this law is not about "all people everywhere", it's not about "chipping people" and it is in no way "forcible".  You're looking at an ordinary piece of cake, the word "yellowcake" is coming to mind and telling us to stay away from the cake because it might someday be radioactive, killing us all.  This law just isn't in the least bit related to your fear.

I like your argument.