Start putting chips in people ...

Started by Baruch, December 14, 2016, 07:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

Great. So since proof requires fact lets eliminate opinion and speculation and distill what youlve said down to only what is factual.
Quote from: FaithIsFilth on December 21, 2016, 12:21:05 AM
I'm not 100 % percent sure exactly what the future holds
Ok tell me again about all the conclusive factual proof you have that the sky is falling.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

FaithIsFilth

Of course I don't have proof for something that hasn't happened yet. If you thought I was claiming my opinion was fact, I apologise for the misunderstanding. The only thing I was claiming as fact is that the idea of RFID being the future for all of us is not a fringe idea among experts.

The idea that the sky is falling is going to be different depending on who you're talking to. Plenty of people actually like the idea of mass censorship on Google, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, etc. I guess following in the footsteps of China isn't the end of the world. Some people can't wait for a world where we are all chipped and think it's going to be the greatest thing ever.

drunkenshoe

It's is all about the word 'chip', I am telling you. So many have seen so many sci-fi dysutopias, horror movies and shows, when they hear the word 'CHIP' the button gets on.

The chip! Dat is da chip! They're gonna get us!

If it said let's put 'ewjrıüjerıjfel' (I randomly hit the keyboard) in people, the discussion would be different. It's that simple and that stupid.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Shiranu

QuoteSome people can't wait for a world where we are all chipped and think it's going to be the greatest thing ever.

Maybe because there has been no reason to believe it will be, or is, the herald of the end times or even a negative.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Lovers of involuntary detainment ... and State action ... love what they love.  Why does the government need to be involved in everything?  Because they have our best interests at heart ;-))

Doctors, patients, family members ... no problem with that.

If you have parents etc in extreme poor health ... my sympathy of course.  You know where I am at.  And yes, some of you would prefer legal euthanasia ... but I think that shooting someone, isn't the most gentle form of euthanasia.  Sounds like Marxists executing capitalist wreckers in Stalin's time.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on December 21, 2016, 03:28:50 AM
Maybe because there has been no reason to believe it will be, or is, the herald of the end times or even a negative.

Said by the guy who admits ... I would like a dictatorship, as long as I am the dictator ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 21, 2016, 02:47:55 AM
It's is all about the word 'chip', I am telling you. So many have seen so many sci-fi dysutopias, horror movies and shows, when they hear the word 'CHIP' the button gets on.

The chip! Dat is da chip! They're gonna get us!

If it said let's put 'ewjrıüjerıjfel' (I randomly hit the keyboard) in people, the discussion would be different. It's that simple and that stupid.

You live in a dystopia ;-( ... and you want all the rest of us to share it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Johan on December 21, 2016, 01:01:14 AM
Great. So since proof requires fact lets eliminate opinion and speculation and distill what youlve said down to only what is factual.Ok tell me again about all the conclusive factual proof you have that the sky is falling.

Dictatorships exist today ... they can exist in your country too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on December 21, 2016, 02:44:33 AM
Of course I don't have proof for something that hasn't happened yet. If you thought I was claiming my opinion was fact, I apologise for the misunderstanding. The only thing I was claiming as fact is that the idea of RFID being the future for all of us is not a fringe idea among experts.

The idea that the sky is falling is going to be different depending on who you're talking to. Plenty of people actually like the idea of mass censorship on Google, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, etc. I guess following in the footsteps of China isn't the end of the world. Some people can't wait for a world where we are all chipped and think it's going to be the greatest thing ever.

Keep fighting the good fight ... here in Marxist central ;-)

Yes, in China, not only chipped, but your chip is tied to your "social media" index that will allow the government to both make you use social media (or no food for you) but allow them to devise an index of anti-party behavior.  You are all slaves of Seri now ... dystopia is great, as long as it is high tech.  This is the inevitable end of techo-utopians.  A high tech dystopia.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Johan on December 21, 2016, 01:01:14 AM
Great. So since proof requires fact lets eliminate opinion and speculation and distill what youlve said down to only what is factual.Ok tell me again about all the conclusive factual proof you have that the sky is falling.

Trump, Trump, Trump ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 21, 2016, 02:47:55 AM

I think my brother brought some of that back from Sweden, from his last visit.

It tastes pretty good. Let's put that in people.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

'ewjrıüjerıjfel' sounds like an unpronounceable Icelandic volcano ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Johan

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on December 21, 2016, 02:44:33 AM
Some people can't wait for a world where we are all chipped and think it's going to be the greatest thing ever.
And I'm guessing you're not one of those people.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Baruch

I am totally in favor of a Stepford Wife world, but for both genders ... and Republican get to run the cyborg remote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBFKznmHFTA

Of course, like in the original Westworld, nothing will ever go wrong!  They cut out the parts more like Inspector Gadget.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

widdershins

Quote from: Baruch on December 20, 2016, 06:18:03 PM
"Mine are fine ..." was a reply to Godzilla Sama, not you.  Yes, I respect you.  And yes, there has been pervious discussion here of elderly suicide or euthanasia.  The point of chipping ... this is for senile seniors etc and the government needs to get involved.  Well, I don't like the government getting involved in anything ... so senile seniors etc may or may not be a camel nose under the tent flap ... Fabian hell-spawn in a very old technique.  As long as chipping is voluntary ... I don't have a problem with it.
Chipping was voluntary before this law (the decision made by the guardian).  This law only provides funding, and it specifically spells out that it does not provide funding for chipping.
This sentence is a lie...