Start putting chips in people ...

Started by Baruch, December 14, 2016, 07:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Shiranu on December 18, 2016, 06:19:06 PM
I was going to give a serious response about how nothing you have posted has proved any nefarious conspiracy like you think it does... but I realise how pointless that is now. Grow up.
I take that as a compliment coming from someone who has posted, and I quote, "fuck free speech". If growing up means disliking free speech and getting triggered by talk of periods, I'm sorry but I'm not interested in growing up.

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Johan on December 18, 2016, 10:24:12 PM
See that's what I'm talking about. In your world it seems there are only two options. People either agree with you or they are programmed i.e. stupid. I see no up side in pursuing this or any other conspiracy topic with you so I'll save us both the trouble. Remember what I said about your teeth though. You might end up thanking me later.
It's not about agreeing or disagreeing with me. What are the experts saying? If your side of the argument is right, the majority of experts should be of the opinion that the idea of everyone having a chip in them eventually is crazy and paranoid, correct?

You have nothing to back your side of the argument up, so I respond to you as I would a creationist or someone who thinks we never went to the moon. You are just as wrong as them on the topic of RFID in particular, so you will be treated like you are just as wrong.

Shiranu

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on December 20, 2016, 03:43:31 PM
I take that as a compliment coming from someone who has posted, and I quote, "fuck free speech". If growing up means disliking free speech and getting triggered by talk of periods, I'm sorry but I'm not interested in growing up.

No, growing up means you realise your little snowflake idea of, "I have freedom of speech, so that means I should intentionally be an asshole!" doesn't really impress people.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Shiranu on December 20, 2016, 05:44:45 PM
No, growing up means you realise your little snowflake idea of, "I have freedom of speech, so that means I should intentionally be an asshole!" doesn't really impress people.
You get back what you give. He was an asshole to me. I was an asshole back. What am I missing here? I'm supposed to kiss someone's ass after they call me a piece of shit and play the internet tough guy by talking about teeth on the floor? I don't think you would have cared if I hadn't used a Trump quote.

Baruch

Quote from: widdershins on December 20, 2016, 10:30:25 AM
Come on.  Appeal to emotion.  I like to think you and I have a mutual respect.  That said, you're better than that.  That was a cheap shot utterly unrelated to the subject.

Yes, nursing homes suck.  This isn't news.  To be blunt, legislation didn't put your mother in a nursing home.  Family did that because they were unable or unwilling to provide the 24/7 care that she needs.  It's a decision that sucks for everyone involved, a terrible decision that nobody would ever have to make if today's medicine didn't keep us alive far longer than we're supposed to live.  My dad was terrified of being put in a nursing home.  Fortunately modern medicine couldn't keep his heart going long past the time everything else stopped working.  But none of this has anything whatsoever to do with chipping people.

"Mine are fine ..." was a reply to Godzilla Sama, not you.  Yes, I respect you.  And yes, there has been pervious discussion here of elderly suicide or euthanasia.  The point of chipping ... this is for senile seniors etc and the government needs to get involved.  Well, I don't like the government getting involved in anything ... so senile seniors etc may or may not be a camel nose under the tent flap ... Fabian hell-spawn in a very old technique.  As long as chipping is voluntary ... I don't have a problem with it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on December 20, 2016, 06:15:21 PM
You get back what you give. He was an asshole to me. I was an asshole back. What am I missing here? I'm supposed to kiss someone's ass after they call me a piece of shit and play the internet tough guy by talking about teeth on the floor? I don't think you would have cared if I hadn't used a Trump quote.

That was in response to your "Fuck free speech" quote, not what is happening before then. To which I continue my idea; yes, you "have" freedom of speech, but fuck this idea that having it means you should use it for negative purposes.

And the reason I called that quote immature is because it is simply immature. It is, "15 year old who just learned what a period is and now wants to say it at school" immature. There is nothing wrong with periods, nothing icky (okay, alot icky, but not socially icky) about them... it's just very bottom of the barrel and a sign of uncouthness of thought and class.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on December 20, 2016, 03:52:38 PM
It's not about agreeing or disagreeing with me. What are the experts saying? If your side of the argument is right, the majority of experts should be of the opinion that the idea of everyone having a chip in them eventually is crazy and paranoid, correct?
The idea that one day, some sort of transhumanist ethos will be the norm and people will casually accept invasive implants is not out of the realm of possibility.  But given public resistance to edicts as simple as wearing seatbelts or not using a cellphone while driving, and widespread fear of some sort of "mark of the beast" government implant program, I'm not betting on a rapid adoption of this technology.

Baruch posted about a law regarding non-invasive, voluntary implantation and is of the opinion that it would be abused and lead to invasive and/or involuntary implantation, which is just his opinion.  After several counterarguments, including relevant text from the bill in question, I think he's coming to the realization that this isn't what he initially thought it was.  Kudos to him for that.

Hydra009

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

CIA = control the narrative.  How better than to control Google, Wiki, Facebook, Snopes, The Onion etc ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Johan

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on December 20, 2016, 03:52:38 PM

You have nothing to back your side of the argument up
Ah I see. And what exactly was my argument again?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Johan on December 20, 2016, 07:18:27 PM
Ah I see. And what exactly was my argument again?
The sky is not falling.

Johan

Right. So you're saying you've got proof that the sky is indeed falling? Because I was just outside a short while ago. And I took the time to marvel at the stars as I often do. And sure enough, they seem to be more or less in the same position they've always been. In fact from what I understand, they're actually getting farther away.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

FaithIsFilth

The countries in the West are becoming more and more like China. The Patriot Act. The loss of privacy. Independent media is under attack. You may disagree, but the idea of mass censorship is kind of a big deal in my opinion. I'm not 100 % percent sure exactly what the future holds, but I agree with the experts who think that this new technology will inevitably take over, and then we will have even less privacy. We won't know for sure until it actually happens, but this is not some fringe idea. If people think this is very possible but think a decent amount of people will resist getting it like Hydra thinks, I'm fine with that argument, as long as you're not trying to present the idea of RFID being the new normal as something silly and on the fringe, because it's not, and it's extremely common for experts to think this is inevitably the future and the new normal for all of us.