News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I'm new here

Started by escapades, December 06, 2016, 02:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

escapades

Just wanted to give my introduction to this community. I am an ex-Christian. I enjoy reading and discussing things with like-minded people. Some of my interests include biology, old books, and philosophy.

PickelledEggs

Awesome. Welcome to the forum. Already off to a great start with your other thread. We will enjoy your company

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mr.Obvious

Welcome to our little band of heathens
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Unbeliever

I hope you enjoy this place as much as I have. Looking forward to your input.

:azn:
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Godis

Hi, I'm trying to determine if I'm a true atheist, but I'm still not sure if I want to or not.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Godis on February 10, 2017, 06:29:46 AM
Hi, I'm trying to determine if I'm a true atheist, but I'm still not sure if I want to or not.

Hello Godis, welcome. Feel free to make your own introduction thread and tell us all about yourself.
You're not sure if you want to determine if you are an atheist? Or you are not sure you want to be an atheist?
If the former, why?
If the latter, your wants have nothing to do with it. Do you believe that there is one or are multiple gods? If yes, you are a theist. If no, you are an atheist.

SGOS

I didn't want to be an atheist either.  Unfortunately, it's not a choice.  You either believe in a god or you don't.  You either believe in a god, or suck it up and understand that you don't.  What is your definition of atheist?  It might help to know what that means to you.  Here is what it means to me:  "A person who does not believe in gods, including the god believed in by most of your culture.  What it doesn't mean to me is someone who knows there is not a god.  In popular theist culture, it often means a positive assertion that no god exists.  But what does it mean to you?

Mike Cl

A typical theist--dishonest and deceitful to the very core of his being.  Nothing this blowhard has posted has any honesty attached to it.  He is simply a lie.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Hello and welcome!  We're mostly harmless.  :D
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: trdsf on February 13, 2017, 03:29:52 PM
Hello and welcome!  We're mostly harmless.  :D
I think escapades may have skated.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

SGOS

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on February 14, 2017, 06:11:04 AM
Or just put us on ice.

You were ugly in your pretty skating dress, and were always falling down, you triple sow cow ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

What is it with these theists?

Either you're convinced there's a sky daddy out there or you are not. There's no decision-making here; beliefs don't work that way.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Sal1981 on February 14, 2017, 12:07:43 PM
What is it with these theists?

Either you're convinced there's a sky daddy out there or you are not. There's no decision-making here; beliefs don't work that way.

Now, now. Next thing you'll be saying is that sexual orientation isn't a choice.