Jordan Peterson talks SJWs, ideologies, free speech, religion, and more

Started by PickelledEggs, December 06, 2016, 02:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Anyway, I'd like to drop this, if you will let it get back on topic. I hope this clears things up and it doesn't keep happening

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

drunkenshoe

Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 10, 2016, 05:28:03 AM
Cavebear didn't post in this thread until later on, so no, you first few posts in this thread were not in reply to him. You didn't quote anyone, either. You didn't even address anyone with your first, long, seemingly argumentative, drawn out post. I guess it only seemed argumentative because of how you write things, shoe.

Oh god. Are you still going on about that post?! I didn't mean my first post in the thread, but the first post about transgenders as what was the latest conveersation, naturally I thought you were talking about that.

I don't care that if you can't follow my posts or don't understand them. You are full of shit. You have made more posts insulting throwing bullshit about me for no reason than the ones about thread's subject.

I am done with you, Steve. I don't give a slightest fuck about what you think about me or on any issue or what is your opinion. Consider yourself ignored. Do not address me unless it is moderation issue.

Now carry on with your bullshit.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

PickelledEggs

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 10, 2016, 05:38:33 AM
Oh god. Are you still going on about that post?! I didn't mean my first post in the thread, but the first post about transgenders as what was the latest conveersation, naturally I thought you were talking about that.

I don't care that if you can't follow my posts or don't understand them. You are full of shit. You have made more posts insulting throwing bullshit about me for no reason than the ones about thread's subject.

I am done with you, Steve. I don't give a slightest fuck about what you think about me or on any issue or what is your opinion. Consider yourself ignored. Do not address me unless it is moderation issue.

Now carry on with your bullshit.
Sounds good. Maybe if I thought you weren't talking about those first few posts, I wouldn't have said anything about it. I had a pretty strong impression that you were, from what you typed. It was also unclear that your were responding to Cavebear in the post you actually were just talking about, even in retrospect... That goes back to your unclear wording though. Have a great life.

drunkenshoe

Oh it is about my wording right now, is it? How did I just go and automatically thought you were saying something about the current conversation? Oh yeah. Who the fuck would do that?

Every fucking thing is wrong with me. That must be a some sort of a record. And every time you disgaree with me, actually not even disagree but when you just don't like what I write on specific subjects, you vomiting posts full of baseless uncalled insults, having a rant about me -repeating the exact same sentences over and over again- have nothing wrong with it and definitely there is nothing wrong with you or your attitude at all. 

If somebody wrote the half of the bullshit you throw at me in one thread, you would scream "harassment!". You have become toxic, you can't even read and follow what a simple two line post is about. Wow. I have never been this wrong about someone. Live an learn eh?

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

1. Some people like to harass others, by making demands of them to do something, or to stop doing something
2. Some people like to gather revenue from fines, to fund the government or avoid the boredom of being a social meter-maid
3. Combining #1 and #2 is stupid if it is over a triviality
4. Some people like to nickel and dime others to death, it isn't enough to ruin your day over something substantial, they want their narcissism fed
5. I would take Feminists and SJWs more seriously, if they spent their time on more important issues, like the attempt by psychopathic world leadership to destroy this planet, either thru incompetence or malignancy.  But they are partisan about their favorite psychopaths, and are too self-righteous to take criticism
6. It isn't enough to point out that their opponents "do it to" ... two wrongs not only don't make a Right, it doesn't make a Left either
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 10, 2016, 06:04:27 AM
Oh it is about my wording right now, is it? How did I just go and automatically thought you were saying something about the current conversation? Oh yeah. Who the fuck would do that?

Every fucking thing is wrong with me. That must be a some sort of a record. And every time you disgaree with me, actually not even disagree but when you just don't like what I write on specific subjects, you vomiting posts full of baseless uncalled insults, having a rant about me -repeating the exact same sentences over and over again- have nothing wrong with it and definitely there is nothing wrong with you or your attitude at all. 

If somebody wrote the half of the bullshit you throw at me in one thread, you would scream "harassment!". You have become toxic, you can't even read and follow what a simple two line post is about. Wow. I have never been this wrong about someone. Live an learn eh?

I thought you were done with me...
Maybe if you think I should look in the mirror for being toxic, you should do the same. I don't have the luxury of putting you in ignore and even if I did, I wouldn't put some on it. I value your take on things, whether you believe me or not. As I've said before, it's a shame you're points get lost in off-topic, argumentative rants. It would be great if I knew I was in agreement with you, if I wasn't so disoriented with your subject changes and tangents.

You seem to take everything as an insult, even when it's just criticism and analysis, but then you do the same to others. I find that interesting.
I also see that as coming full circle for the topic at hand. It's full circle because the extreme sjw camp sees criticism of things like the pronoun law as hostile to them as people... When in reality the law is something that is hostile to the civilization as a whole.... Which I think you agree with, although I'm not sure anymore. Oddly enough I think we're in agreement about the on topics we discussed in this thread, the pronoun law, and even the slightly tangented things like how Trans people face a bigger issue than pronouns. But I could be wrong. It's very hard to tell if I'm in agreement with someone that insists on arguing about the subject.

Now, did you want to finally drop this thing between you and me? Or did you want to keep going? As I said with my first sentence in this post, I thought you were done with me.

drunkenshoe

Oh I am done with you. You are a random mod. That's a loss for you wether if you get it or not. That doesn't mean I won't adress your bullshit you keep throwing on me right now. You have an assumed idea on my opinion(s) on the subject -whole gender issues actually- and you see me as a target to throw to your frustration at. Just think about the  difference between your reaction to me and Nonsensei. We are saying the same thing in similar ways. And that happened the same before multiple times.

You don't know anything, no actually you don't get anything about my opinions on SJWs, your position is pretty much like pr126's position on one specific religious group and you just ant to be a part of a football team. You are acting like an extreme SJW yourself and when you see something you don't like, you start to throw insults with no base. And what is worst you are doing that with mod talk, by demonising that poster, in this case me, about their general character and everything they do, what people think about them. That's not criticism. That's not analysis. That's an attempt of bullying someone. Unsuccessful as it is, an attempt nonetheless. You have amde more posts about me than what you think about the subject in this thread and they are all the same post. You have been writing the same post to me.

I understand that this video is very enlightening and rich for you. It's not to me. Because my understanding of sociology is not based on the youtube videos posted in the last 5 years.

drunkenshoe

The video is a bullshit mainstream rant about speicfic groups going from extreme examples and although there is a real problem, it is unable to address this problem, let alone ciritcise it. A clinical pyschologist who literally defends the idea that women have never been oppressed in history is making equal points on identity crisis of 'pixicans' and transgender people as a part of Western society's downfall as a result of cultural marxism.

It jerks off to the oldest boogieman in American society and it blames everything, but the obvious long coming, fundamental flaws in the system. It's basically talking about how stupid and fucked up these people are. Because that sells perfectly to Americans, because everyone besides their group that doesn't fit is either stupid or mentally ill. Americans do not listen anything remotely criticisng their culture or their system; it is a narcissistic, fantasy culture and have the 'best' economical and political system to support it. Everyone who doesn't see the world they live in or agree with them are either stupid (domestic) or an enemy (international).

If something is wrong, then it is the fault of Marxists or Communists or Muslims or this and that boogieman. It's the education in universities! No, it is the compassionate intellectuals! It's the fault of fucking intellectualism over all. (Hello white christian south, your 'secular' fellows up here will come down to apologise from you on insulting you for your 'unique' usage of the word 'intellectual' as an insult.) Yeah. Well, No. How is that you can't see this is the new version same bullshit that was sold to Americans decades ago as what is threatening their own society? It's pure conservatist, right wing bullshit in diguise. And it was so easy to crank it up and smack down with it, guess who recognised the picture and bet the right horse in this elections.

Your culture produced these groups and these movements. They didn't fell down from the sky. And it is not about Marxism or Cultural Marxism or the blah blah boogimen ideology, but it is the result of how the American propaganda, American identity works. How many people in America even have an idea about cultural marxism? How many of these people -besides the academics- heard the words 'cultural marxism' before social media vloggers and bloggers?

People are so powerless against their state, so powerless to affect their own lives and future, the social explosion presents itself in this way in America. (In fucking Turkey, just svereal weeks ago, because of protests and the general opposing stance, the religious government withdrew a legislation, guys. In.fucking.Turkey. And even the worst will happen, it is not gonna happen without a fight. It never happens without a fight. What the fuck are you doing? Ranting about pixicans and blaming SJWs for the downfallof yoru society and taking pics of people sitting in cars in subway and cursing to cultural marxism.)

Society cannot take its own bullshit anymore, don't you get it? Because there is nothing in the country that actually meets the constant propaganda that so mind crushingly brainswashes people from birth. About freedom, freedom of speech, equality, opportunity, survival, the place of their country in the world, their own place in their own country and culture; its so call inflated ideals everything that America constantly tells itself...you name it.

This is your social explosion, because there is no other way-form for America to have one. It is perfect for America and it's perfectly American. People are just giving back the bullshit they have been fed for generations and generations, what the American culture is made of.   

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on December 10, 2016, 06:26:38 AM
1. Some people like to harass others, by making demands of them to do something, or to stop doing something
2. Some people like to gather revenue from fines, to fund the government or avoid the boredom of being a social meter-maid
3. Combining #1 and #2 is stupid if it is over a triviality
4. Some people like to nickel and dime others to death, it isn't enough to ruin your day over something substantial, they want their narcissism fed
5. I would take Feminists and SJWs more seriously, if they spent their time on more important issues, like the attempt by psychopathic world leadership to destroy this planet, either thru incompetence or malignancy.  But they are partisan about their favorite psychopaths, and are too self-righteous to take criticism
6. It isn't enough to point out that their opponents "do it to" ... two wrongs not only don't make a Right, it doesn't make a Left either

Sweety, it is not done this way. First you need to provide an idea, a premise if you will, and then while explaining it you put numbers to each factor or component you provide according to that idea. Otherwise,it is just a post full numbered random sentences without a thinking discourse as it is presented in your post. That's why it works when I do it,  because usually I actually have an idea about the subject that I thought myself while writing it. Stick to copy pasting google definitions of phlosphical concepts, you are not good at producing ideas.

I am perfectly in with criticising SJWs, actually that is what I have been doing all along. The fact that most people here see 'criticism' of this specific subject as condemning and denouncing it without actually discussing what is wrong with this culture and why it is what it is, treating it as some real threat to western civilisation honestly does not affect me. I am not susceptible to mainstream American bullshit or SJWs for that matter. It's equal to pr's general approach to current issues.

Baruch

Of course, my list, wasn't really about your POV.  It does fit others here.

"Society cannot take its own bullshit anymore" ... this is why Western Civ is toast ... eventually people couldn't take anymore Roman BS, not even Romans ... so I hope you are good with Gothic, because this Romanesque period of the last 500 years, has exceeded its expire date.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on December 11, 2016, 12:56:40 PM
Of course, my list, wasn't really about your POV.  It does fit others here.

OK then. Sorry about the snap.

Quoteote]"Society cannot take its own bullshit anymore" ... this is why Western Civ is toast ... eventually people couldn't take anymore Roman BS, not even Romans ... so I hope you are good with Gothic, because this Romanesque period of the last 500 years, has exceeded its expire date.

Why does Western Civilisation have to be toast? Nothing is getting toast. The only thing that is gonna toast west civ or the reast of the world over all is a natural disaster of some kind. That's all. The time we have the spent on the planet as species is less than a second.

The world will be changed and overhauled many many times over and over again.

Sorry to give it blunt, but how can anyone be that senseless to think that SJW groups will collapse their society, no actually western civilisation? You need to lose touch with reality as much as someone with a claim of being a pixican for thinking that.

Did you see the videos pr126 posted in his "They are indoctrinating your children" thread, Baruch. Watch the second one, it is very short.

That man is a dangerous zealot, a fanatic preaching the end of the world to people and if you change the word Marxism with Evolution and the Western Civilisation with Christianity, you have the perfect picture of a fundemantal religious extremist preaching.

Poison Tree

Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 10, 2016, 02:12:37 AM
In regards to trans, don't most trans people want to be referred by the gender they're transitioning to/transitioned to? like if they were a woman and went to male, they want to be reffered to as "he"/ "him" male to women trans people like to be referred to as "she"/"her". No trans person I've ever came across wants to be referred to as a gender neutral tumblr word.
What about a normal gender neutral word, like "they", or did you already forget complaining about this?
Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 07, 2016, 08:38:13 PMIn Oregon, a school district has settled a transgender bias claim, paying $60,000 to a transgender employee who demanded to be called “they” rather than “he” or “she.”
Of course, if you'd followed the links back you would have found out that the [alleged] harassment was a little more then just using the wrong pronoun
Quote from: http://www.oregonlive.com/education/index.ssf/2016/05/gresham_barlow_transgender_tea.htmlSomeone smeared Vaseline on Soell's cabinets, the complaint said, and another yelled insults in the school hallway. Others conspired to prevent Soell from using the school's lone gender-neutral bathroom, the complaint said.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Baruch

Off topic, but important in the larger picture ...

"The world will be changed and overhauled many many times over and over again." ... of course, it matters who's baklava is being stomped on ;-)

There is a wide spread theory that one of the reason why the Roman Empire failed in the West, was thru corruption and mismanagement.  The East was much better managed, less corrupt and had the advantage of the Egyptian grain supply (which ended with Islam, and pretty much doomed the Byzantines, though they could partly compensate by ramping up grain imports from the Ukraine, though that was eventually disrupted too).  It took awhile for W Roman Empire to fail, about 250 years .. things changed more slowly back then).  The barbarians were merely taking advantage of a regional systemic collapse, something they couldn't do until after 391 CE.

So the West must fail, because reality will spank people who are delusional, who are not fact based, not reality based.  This can be kept at bay, for awhile, thanks to injections of fake liquidity (as happened in Rome from 200 CE onward).  Eventually people are forced back to barter, like what is happening in Greece and India right now.  But that liquidity is necessary for civilization higher than agricultural subsistence.  Thus the Roman cities of the West were gradually abandoned, even Rome itself.  Right now in the US, about 90% of us are urban ... when we have to cycle back to Dark Ages subsistence, we will have to lose about 90% of our population, since they will be useless mouths to feed.  This of course works in Turkey too, and has happened many times before (Ephesus, Smyrna etc).  Are you "close" to subsistence fishing or farming?  If not, your future is bleak, as the inevitable cycle of history repeats.

It wasn't until 19th century London, that any city in the West became what Rome was at its peak in the 2nd century CE. ... that is how long the "depression" lasted ... 1700 years.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Poison Tree on December 11, 2016, 02:33:59 PM
What about a normal gender neutral word, like "they", or did you already forget complaining about this?Of course, if you'd followed the links back you would have found out that the [alleged] harassment was a little more then just using the wrong pronoun
yes. There is already neutral words like "they". That is fine. And in all seriousness, if someone wants to use "ze", they have their right to say it.
The issue isn't the words; it's the forcing and legislated fines if you don't.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 11, 2016, 04:36:42 AM
I understand that this video is very enlightening and rich for you. It's not to me. Because my understanding of sociology is not based on the youtube videos posted in the last 5 years.
You assume I base all my knowledge of social issues on youtube videos... interesting and fascinating. And also wrong.

QuoteYou don't know anything, no actually you don't get anything about my opinions on SJWs, your position is pretty much like pr126's position on one specific religious group and you just ant to be a part of a football team. You are acting like an extreme SJW yourself and when you see something you don't like, you start to throw insults with no base. And what is worst you are doing that with mod talk, by demonising that poster, in this case me, about their general character and everything they do, what people think about them. That's not criticism. That's not analysis. That's an attempt of bullying someone. Unsuccessful as it is, an attempt nonetheless. You have amde more posts about me than what you think about the subject in this thread and they are all the same post. You have been writing the same post to me.
I actually agree with a lot of your points... but ok. If you insist, I don't. The most of what I've disagreed with you recently is if you were on topic and my expression of bafflement on why you insist on arguing about something no one is even discussing or at the least, showing signs of disagreement with.
QuoteOh I am done with you. You are a random mod. That's a loss for you wether if you get it or not. That doesn't mean I won't adress your bullshit you keep throwing on me right now. You have an assumed idea on my opinion(s) on the subject -whole gender issues actually- and you see me as a target to throw to your frustration at. Just think about the  difference between your reaction to me and Nonsensei. We are saying the same thing in similar ways. And that happened the same before multiple times.
So.... you aren't done with me, if you're going to keep responding to things I post. Who is really spewing bullshit here? And you're calling me toxic... lol