News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

sex and the little girl

Started by aitm, June 06, 2013, 08:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

a recent conversation with a female friend about the age of consent being in the babble, led me to call BS as I do not recall anything remotely suggesting an age of consent. However, judging by the OT predisposition for god to order the murder of entire cities cept the girls that are virgins, this certainly suggests that sex with young girls is actually condoned. So now, we can toss out that god actually encourages sex with minors.....unless you can find something that prohibits it.

So I tossed this into the steaming pile of shit and surprise....and as her face got redder and before she could respond, I said, "don't get mad at me, complain to the author" she started to spout "god this and god that" and I stopped her and said, "show me in the babble where god said you can't fuck children". So she left, and I got to thinking...man....I don't think ole god actually does condemn sex with children...anyone remember anything like that?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Girls could be theoretically promised for marriage at any age. As to the sexual act, I read somewhere that it was traditionally authorized 3 months after the onset of menses- about 13, usually. But I can't give you a source for that.

Colanth

The OT specifically tells the men to keep 'the girl children who have not known men' - IOW, the prepubescent virgins - for themselves (read: as concubines).  So the 'age of consent' (no one actually cared if the girls consented) was definitely younger than anyone but Mo would be comfortable with.

Remember - slaves, even young girl slaves, had absolutely no rights at all.  You could beat them to death, as long as they didn't die from the beating within 2 days.  (Yahweh preferred a lingering death.  You'd think he actually got off on the pain of humans, huh?)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Jack89

I was reading about the "filles du roi" last night, also known as the King's daughters.  Around 800 young French ladies between the ages of 12 and 25 were recruited to be sent over to "New France" between 1663 and 1673.    They were given a dowry and free passage to the new world in order to get hitched and make babies with the Frenchmen who preceded them.  In fact, they were required to get married before the ship set sail back to France or they went back with the ship.

12 years old.  Entirely too you.  It's hard for me to imagine.

An ancestor of mine married one of these young ladies, Elisabeth Aubert, in 1670.  I had to check to make sure he wasn't a dirty old man.  

It's cool.  She was 24 when he married her.  Not a pedo.

stromboli

Joseph Smith had Polygamous wives as young as 14. Polygamous cultures tacitly ignore the fact that young women are given in their early teens for marriage.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consent

QuoteIn traditional societies, the age of consent for a sexual union is and was a matter for the family to decide, or a tribal custom. In most cases, this coincided with signs of puberty, menstruation for a woman and pubic hair for a man.[2]
Ancient Greek poet Hesiod in "Works and Days" (c. 700BC) suggests that a man should marry around the age of thirty, and that he should take a wife who is five years past puberty. In Ancient Rome, it was very common for girls to marry and have children shortly after the onset of puberty.[citation needed]
The first recorded age-of-consent law dates to 1275, in England, as part of the rape law, a statute, Westminster 1, made it a misdemeanor to "ravish" a "maiden within age," whether with or without her consent. The phrase "within age" was interpreted by jurist Sir Edward Coke as meaning the age of marriage, which at the time was 12 years of age.[3]
In the 12th century Gratian, the influential founder of Canon law in medieval Europe, accepted age of puberty for marriage to be between 12 and 14 but acknowledged consent to be meaningful if the children were older than 7. There were authorities that said that consent could take place earlier. Marriage would then be valid as long as neither of the two parties annulled the marital agreement before reaching puberty, or if they had already consummated the marriage. It should be noted that Judges honored marriages based on mutual consent at ages younger than 7, in spite of what Gratian had said; there are recorded marriages of 2 and 3 year olds.[2]
The American colonies followed the English tradition, and the law was more of a guide. For example, Mary Hathaway (Virginia, 1689) was only 9 when she was married to William Williams. Sir Edward Coke (England, 17th century) "made it clear that the marriage of girls under 12 was normal, and the age at which a girl who was a wife was eligible for a dower from her husband's estate was 9 even though her husband be only four years old."[2]

What I find is that it varies widely from culture to culture. The Celts held women in higher regard; they were allowed to own property and be head of a household. Age of consent was 18. Biblically, women are pretty much secondary.

aitm

Well I was pretty sure there was no specific verse that protected young girls or established any sort of age of consent and I was pretty sure that by "ipso facto" sex with little girls was not condemed. Could not remember a verse were sex was specifically forbidden with young girls.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

My grandmothers both married my grandfathers as young teenagers, about 13 so the whole pedo thing probably began when child labor laws came to being.. God opposes child labor laws apparently.. :-k
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

WitchSabrina

Wow - I did  search "When a girl becomes a woman" in bible verses --- thinking that might help with this and what came up was Not very positive for women.  Lots of quotes about when to Stone the 'girl' for being wicked and such....  
Don't think I knew till I surfed through these bible passages just how bad life was for a 'girl' or young woman.

fcuk
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

caseagainstfaith

Quote from: "stromboli"Girls could be theoretically promised for marriage at any age. As to the sexual act, I read somewhere that it was traditionally authorized 3 months after the onset of menses- about 13, usually. But I can't give you a source for that.

I need to try to find a source, but, I've read that centuries ago average onset of menses was more like 17.  That the age is decreasing is well known, but, upon a 1-minute google search, I didn't find good documentation of how much.
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "caseagainstfaith"
Quote from: "stromboli"Girls could be theoretically promised for marriage at any age. As to the sexual act, I read somewhere that it was traditionally authorized 3 months after the onset of menses- about 13, usually. But I can't give you a source for that.

I need to try to find a source, but, I've read that centuries ago average onset of menses was more like 17.  That the age is decreasing is well known, but, upon a 1-minute google search, I didn't find good documentation of how much.

Whut?
Honey. No.   Where did you hear such a thing?   I know of No cultures who speak of girls starting their period That late.

(not trying to make you mad ---- your post left me flabbergasted is all lol)

Jmpty

No, no, no. It's only the Mooslems who are pedophiles.
???  ??

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Jmpty"No, no, no. It's only the Mooslems who are pedophiles.

How many coffee mugs do I have to throw today?  
 :rollin:

the_antithesis

Is it wrong that I find the word "ravish" striking?

Hey look!

[spoil:2xkt5csb]
A ravishing radish.[/spoil:2xkt5csb]

the_antithesis

Is it wrong that I find the word "ravish" striking?

Hey look!

[spoil:1wihp95p]
A ravishing radish.[/spoil:1wihp95p]

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "the_antithesis"Is it wrong that I find the word "ravish" striking?

Hey look!

[spoil:30tawtr7]
A ravishing radish.[/spoil:30tawtr7]

I worry about you. :rollin: