News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What did you name your pets?

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, December 04, 2016, 10:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSOgymrat

Here is Casper (the friendly ghost) taking a nap.

aitm

all dogs:
King-German Shepard
Tinker- Chihuahua
Tasha- Husky
Thomas- Husky- Shepard
Sam- Husky-Shepard
Tasha- Lab
Shira- Lab-mix
Lucky- Shepard
Lady- Shepard
Thor- German Shepard----Duetschland
Zak- German Shepard-----Duetschland
Dutchess- Boxer
Lili---Boxer
Brita--American Bulldog
Maya--Bullhead Boxer
Zoey-- Victorian Bulldog
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: aitm on December 04, 2016, 08:05:06 PM
all dogs:
King-German Shepard
Tinker- Chihuahua
Tasha- Husky
Thomas- Husky- Shepard
Sam- Husky-Shepard
Tasha- Lab
Shira- Lab-mix
Lucky- Shepard
Lady- Shepard
Thor- German Shepard----Duetschland
Zak- German Shepard-----Duetschland
Dutchess- Boxer
Lili---Boxer
Brita--American Bulldog
Maya--Bullhead Boxer
Zoey-- Victorian Bulldog

So, you're a dog person?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hydra009

Solomon Zorn

I don't have any pets, of my own. But I always give my sister's pets a nickname. She has a male cat that is declawed and neutered. I nicknamed him "Kittius Declawdius Catamus." It's his gladiator name, because he was found as a tiny kitten in the bushes, but he is all cat. He's tough enough, even without his claws and balls, to rough-house with the two dogs, who are just a little bigger than him.

The dogs I call "Muttlets."
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Solomon Zorn

I always thought a great name for a dog would be the classic "Fido," with a new spelling: "Phideaux."

That or else, "God" because it's "Dog" spelled backwards.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Mr.Obvious

My cats were named by my parents.

If my gf and I ever get a cat and it's a girl I'd want to name it Kazazi, after a cat-like alien creature from a sci fi book I liked when I was younger.

Not sure the gf would want that though.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Munch

If I ever own another dog and its a girl, I want to name her Belle. Not sure if a boy yet.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

PopeyesPappy

I don't name my pets because I've only dealt with used dogs for the past 12 years. Retired racers come from the factory with names so they already have names by the time I get them.

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Mike Cl

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on December 05, 2016, 12:36:27 PM
I don't name my pets because I've only dealt with used dogs for the past 12 years. Retired racers come from the factory with names so they already have names by the time I get them.
We have a habit of getting rescue dogs and they usually come with names.  But we ignore that and give them a name they like better. :))
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on December 05, 2016, 09:40:48 AM
My cats were named by my parents.

If my gf and I ever get a cat and it's a girl I'd want to name it Kazazi, after a cat-like alien creature from a sci fi book I liked when I was younger.

Not sure the gf would want that though.

Weren't Kazazi 10 ft tall sentient Tiger people?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on December 05, 2016, 06:55:55 PM
Weren't Kazazi 10 ft tall sentient Tiger people?

Kazazi was an osbork. Which I think looked Like a panther but with a strong, study hook on it's tail; used to clamp on to objects to defy THE heavy winds of coriolis, her homeplanet which was in constant storm.

And they were quite intelligent, having culture, art and could build stuff.
Also, they were telepathic.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hydra009

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on December 05, 2016, 12:36:27 PMI don't name my pets because I've only dealt with used dogs for the past 12 years. Retired racers come from the factory with names so they already have names by the time I get them.
My parents have adopted a couple dogs from shelters and they were renamed without difficulty.  One was a pretty derpy black lab/golden retriever mix who would probably respond to Bilbo Baggins if your body language was convincing enough.

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca