News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What did you name your pets?

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, December 04, 2016, 10:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

I have two cats at the moment named Sturm and Drang.

From left to right: Drang, Sturm, Ginny (my mother's cat).
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on December 04, 2016, 10:44:20 AM
Who is the third?
The caption is there for a reason. ;)

It's my mother's cat, Ginny.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on December 04, 2016, 11:14:51 AM
The caption is there for a reason. ;)

It's my mother's cat, Ginny.

Woops, missed that.
I have 2 cats; Toby and Lotje. Used to have 2 different ones, but they are no more; Mr. Tibbs and Niske. Will try to find Some pictures later.
I also at one time had two mice, one named 8 and The other named 5.
I had my reasons.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SGOS

My pets have always been named of course, but I almost always end up talking to them using a nickname, which seems to come out of nowhere and has nothing to do with their given name, and the nickname attaches itself to my pet by gravity or some other unexplainable force that I don't understand.  Our first golden retriever was named Tucker, but one day my wife called him Rue, and that name stuck from then on.

Shiranu

Tikki, Toni, Dharma (cat, cat, dog) atm. Before them, Boanne, Sister, Marco, Neb(ula), Ace. (dog, dog, dog, cat, dog).
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

My mother's cat and my own cat.  But my cat is out in the alley, where she isn't supposed to be.  My mother's cat is safe at home.  Punkin (my cat is all black, so for Halloween) and Teeny (my mother's cat is an orange cat, but his head was small for his size when he was young.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Twins named  "Bonnie" and "Clyde".
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Nonsensei

And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Munch

Penny (my current cat)

before her there was Ben (dog) Timmy (cat) Susie (guinea pig) and Samantha (also guinea pig).
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Our last cat was Dewy--ruler of the house for over 21 years; and the house if much poorer for his absence.  Now have three dogs--all rescue, so they came to us named already.  But we did not keep any of those.  A little mutt named Honey; she looks like she is white with honey spilled all over her; and she is a honey.  Like SGOS, nicknames just seem to drop from above, and her's is Bunny--of course.  A little Chi named Marco.  Marco Gigo--for Ed Sullivan mouse, Topo Gigo.  And Yankee (yep named for the baseball team--long story) who is also called Doodles. 

When a furry child enters our lives we don't name them right away.  Sometimes the names we think would fit, just don't.  Marco came to us from a foster home named Peanut.  He hated that name--and so did we.  So after a couple of days, he was named Marco and took to it right away.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Munch

I like you calling them furry child. I do think of my cat as much a member of my family as any other. Infact, she more then any, becauee she really felt like she choose me as her owner, instead of one my parents choose.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: SGOS on December 04, 2016, 05:09:08 PM
You need a different colored couch.
That couch has been gone for over a year now.

Equal opportunity butt-stabber.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Munch on December 04, 2016, 06:33:22 PM
I like you calling them furry child. I do think of my cat as much a member of my family as any other. Infact, she more then any, becauee she really felt like she choose me as her owner, instead of one my parents choose.
Yeah, cats are like that.  They own the owner, so to speak.  They want things the way they want them and they tend to like who they want to like.  I really, really miss seeing him sitting on my old computer 'screen' watching me while I was on the computer.  And climbing in my lap whenever he wanted.  I do love dogs as well.  They are more child-like than a cat; but they all become an vital part of the family.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?