News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Is Christianity Under Attack?

Started by EchoSider, February 19, 2013, 09:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leo

Christianity should be under attack . This religion is guilty of crimes against humanity .
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Savior2006

Quote from: "EchoSider"It seems like whenever Christians are cut off from trying to preach to everyone they think they're being oppressed.  Maybe they are.  I don't think so, but that's just me.  In the latest manufactured outrage Fox News would like you to believe that NBC hates Jesus because an interviewer cut off a girl from quoting the bible during an interview about that cruise ship that got stuck.  (Link Below)

I wasn't sure what to think just reading the story, but  then I actually watched the clip and he did in fact cut her off as she was about to quote the bible, but from my perspective she was suddenly trying to hijack the interview for proselytization purposes.

The people commenting on the story are calling for boycotts of NBC and their sponsors and praying for the reporter to find "Him" before it's to late, etc.   There doesn't seem to be any dissenting opinions just yet, so if you'd like to educate some people or to have a little fun you might want to head over there and say whats-up.

At any rate, is there a war on religion, because it seems more like there's a war by religion on everyone who doesn't believe what they do.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/to ... verse.html

The major thing we don't know (which of course, Fox News doesn't bother to address) is whether or not the interview was running up against the time block. Television news is NOT like print or even online reporting, where a person can blather on for a paragraph or two and it isn't such a big deal (as long as all the contacts aren't doing it). This is because each story in print, or on a website is independent of the other. If one person turns his shit in late (or not at all), it doesn't effect the other articles really. The managing editor just does a little presto chango, and fills in the gap with something else.

In cable news each story has a very specific of amount seconds that it can have on air, because they are serial. One after the other. And when one story exceeds it's limit, then guess what? All the other stories are delayed and each starts to run up against it's own limit. I can't begin to explain how much that sucks, especially when a delayed story encroaches upon the time of an ad.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

widdershins

Quote from: "TheDevoutPasta"over the weekend i had to go on a confirmation retreat to some asshat place. I was very surprised by the emphasis the preachy-people were putting on "combating" atheism. They specifically went out of their way to define it as a rejection of god, and as a disease. There was a huge push against the internet, at one point the people even said, "You may read things online that try to disprove God, and you might think they are true, but they are false truths, don't believe them, for it is the devil tempting you." utter bullshit, right? They repeatedly said that if there was anyone in the audience that thought that what they are doing is bullshit (adoration, confession) to please keep it to themselves, and try to get help. So obviously Christians aren't being persecuted (as far as i know), but rather the church is dying, and they know it.

-Overall the retreat wasn't too horrible, met another atheist and we chilled in our cabin and laughed at all the asshat things people were doing.
False truths?  That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.  I guess I would call it "stupid wisdom".  Now if you don't mind I have to get in my bicycle car to go to my home neighbor's house and eat some kosher bacon.
This sentence is a lie...

SGOS

If we revisit the original post, ending of an interview is not an "attack".  Christians may or may not claim they are under attack in this case, but that doesn't mean it's an attack.  

They pretend to be martyrs so they can walk in the footsteps of their beloved Jesus and show each other the strength of their faith.  But supposedly Jesus was nailed to a cross and executed.  What Christians often do is act like victims even if no victimization is present.

What Fox News was doing was just playing to that stupid mindset.  The reporter ended the interview.  Oh my!  Big deal.  And how much time did Fox News spend treating that dead horse of a non-event as news?

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"Reporter acted like a sensible person after this:

Quote"We knew the Lord was in complete control of the situation,"

:lol: Obviously he isn't and he wanted to demonstrate that. These people are NUTS. Hitting them with a microphone on the head could be a better solution.

:rollin:
(look like rollie dude is BACK - yay!)

LMAO  Drunkzie your post made me laugh out loud!
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

commonsense822

Is Christianity under attack?  No.......at least........not yet.....

MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

commonsense822

By the way, $10 says these girls end up getting on Fox News by the end of the week.

GurrenLagann

It's hard for me to remember if Christianity is under attack at any moment, since that statement can be made by ANY believer who doesn't get to say what they want to say, WHENEVER AND WHEREVER they want to say it.
Which means that to me the offer of certainty, the offer of complete security, the offer of an impermeable faith that can\'t give way, is the offer of something not worth having.
[...]
Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty & wisdom, will come to you that way.
-Christopher Hitchens

widdershins

Yes, I've seen people's "free speech" rights violated time and again here, at least, to hear them talk about it.  It's funny how those who bitch the most about their rights being violated know so little about their rights, and the rights of those who own the medium they wish their speech to be carried by.
This sentence is a lie...

billhilly

Is Christianity under attack?

If only..............

Jesus

It's much too difficult to debate with a Christian. Their final trump card always lies in "because God," and frankly, we Atheists/Agnostics can't do anything about that. They have that "ultimate" argument in which they call to finalize the debate. Provided Christians aren't the best debaters, they have to make do with how the world is changing around them. They fall back to the basis of their book.

Come on guys :P we know Christians don't argue from a logical sense. They argue from a theological sense, one where they're able to dive into the depths of illogical and mind-boggling "facts."
I like to appear in various forms, but my favorite is as a toast.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Jesus"It's much to difficult to debate with a Christian. Their final trump card always lies in "because God," and frankly, we Atheists/Agnostics can't do anything about that. They have that "ultimate" argument in which they call to finalize the debate. Provided Christians aren't the best debaters, they have to make do with how the world is changing around them. They fall back to the basis of their book.

Come on guys :P we know Christians don't argue from a logical sense. They argue from a theological sense, one where they're able to dive into the depths of illogical and mind-boggling "facts."

Why debate a matter of faith?

Now, if a religionist brings in factual claims, those are fair game.  But I don't debate unicorns and leprechauns, and I'm damned sure not about to start.
<insert witty aphorism here>