News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Ministry of Truth proposed ...

Started by Baruch, December 02, 2016, 11:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chill98

Quote from: Cavebear on January 01, 2017, 06:29:43 AM
Alex Jones is (according to Wikipedia) a conspiracy theorist.  Among his claims:  Faked Moon Landings.  That is enough to dismiss him without further discussion.
I do dismiss the idea that we did not land on the moon.  However, I was not talking about Alex Jones, rather I was referring to something his guest host was discussing. 

QuoteDavid Knight brings up 1917 Espionage Act and how it was used against this film maker (note the film is lost).

Knight compares multiple instances of US government over-reach starting at 3:08:00 to about 3:20:00 if one wants to hear a bit more (not the end of Knights hour long segment).

Which is related to the topic; unlike your 'contribution':

QuotePoisoning the well (or attempting to poison the well) is a fallacy where irrelevant adverse information about a target is preemptively presented to an audience, with the intention of discrediting or ridiculing everything that the target person is about to say.

Related to the OP:

http://www.westernjournalism.com/russians-slam-cnn-for-reporting-lie-of-school-closing/

The point of relation is this 'false news' story is alleged to have come from a "US official briefed on the matter" - bold from actual (still on cnn) report as I write this now, days later.

Not only that but the Washington Post presented an article claiming the Russians had hacked the electric grid which also turns out to be untrue.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/russian-hackers-penetrated-us-electricity-grid-through-a-utility-in-vermont/2016/12/30/8fc90cc4-ceec-11e6-b8a2-8c2a61b0436f_story.html?utm_term=.1e6e640f31c4

Paragraph after paragraph blaming the 'russians' when the utility had found a malware that has been in the wild for over/around 1 year on someones laptop.  No one knows how the malware got onto this laptop. 

So is DHS scanning/probing for voter databases?

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/08/homeland-security-tied-to-attempted-hack-of-georgias-election-database-report.html

There remains no evidence the russian government had an actual hand in the podesta or DNC hacks.  The repeated rumor is Podesta fell victim to a phishing scam and the DNC hack was either an insider unhappy with the shaft of the democratic process regarding the treatment of Sanders or USA government insider; NSA is floated often along with other 3 letter agencies unhappy with Clinton behavior in general.

One thing that does bother me about the current 'scorched earth' policy coming out of the Obama administration is that Trump is over-sensitive to criticism.  This 'fake news' attack on the 1st amendment may not be an over-rule priority for the Trump administration, which could leave voices on the left under attack, legally, if Trump implements his own 'off the reservation' policies.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 01, 2017, 06:22:18 AM
I understand deeper than you know.

Does a bear shit in the woods?  You would know, personally ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"if Trump implements his own 'off the reservation' policies."

Obama wasn't the opposite of Shrub .. he was Shrub squared.  Everyone forgets, for each extraordinary rendition done by a Democrat, the Republican can do two.  Yes, things could get very bad for actual Leftists.  They aren't an actual threat however, so any suppression of them is smoke and mirrors to scare the majority, who are not Left, as an example for the others.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 01, 2017, 11:55:42 AM
Does a bear shit in the woods?  You would know, personally ;-)

On occasion.  Primitive camping expeditions required it.  Butt (pun) as the animals around the area outnumbered us by far, it probably harmed little and fertilized the woods even less.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 01, 2017, 11:59:32 AM
"if Trump implements his own 'off the reservation' policies."

Obama wasn't the opposite of Shrub .. he was Shrub squared.  Everyone forgets, for each extraordinary rendition done by a Democrat, the Republican can do two.  Yes, things could get very bad for actual Leftists.  They aren't an actual threat however, so any suppression of them is smoke and mirrors to scare the majority, who are not Left, as an example for the others.

By "Shrub squared" you obviously mean that Obama was exponentially better than Bush.  I will agree. Thank you for giving Obama the credit that he deserves.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 05, 2017, 12:52:56 AM
By "Shrub squared" you obviously mean that Obama was exponentially better than Bush.  I will agree. Thank you for giving Obama the credit that he deserves.

Yes, Obama is a more effective serial killer than Shrub ... if that is a good thing.  If we are going to admit that humanity is criminogenic, I want the best Godfather in charge of the US.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

FaithIsFilth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E84c9nRFU8U

All news is fake news, and it turns out Democrat voters can be just as dumb and gullible as the Trump voters.

Baruch

Politics is competitive, internally and externally.  There are over 200 nation states.  Everyone of them interferes in the elections of all the others.  Everyone of them interferes in their own elections.  Elections are too important to be left in the hands of the citizens of that nation (all governments agree on this, both in regards to their own citizens and those in all other nations).  The Ds and Rs both need to grow up and get over their precious selves.  If you want something, then go rip someone off ... if they try to stop you, kill them.  Fortunately I keep ripping people off with US dollars (which are worthless) and people keep taking them.  If they stop taking them, then I am going all Capital One barbarian on them.  Nothing is more barbaric than fake credit ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.