News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Hijab, a life saver.

Started by pr126, December 01, 2016, 11:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Saudi woman goes outside without hijab, receives multiple death threats

QuoteA woman in Saudi Arabia pictured without a hijab is facing calls for her execution.

Some social media users reacted with outrage after the emergence of the image taken in capital city Riyadh, with one man calling for the state to “kill her and throw her corpse to the dogs”.

The photo was allegedly first posted by an account under the name of Malak Al Shehri, which has since been deleted, reports the International Business Times.
Only the extremist want her dead, the moderates just want 500 lashes. And some gang rape of course.

But the abaya, burka, niqab for the female is a personal choice, right? Nobody should deny them the choice.
That would be Islamophobic.

Meanwhile, western feminist put on the hijab in solidarity to their Muslim sisters.
It's the right thing to do.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on December 01, 2016, 11:49:21 PM
Saudi woman goes outside without hijab, receives multiple death threats
Only the extremist want her dead, the moderates just want 500 lashes. And some gang rape of course.

But the abaya, burka, niqab for the female is a personal choice, right? Nobody should deny them the choice.
That would be Islamophobic.

Meanwhile, western feminist put on the hijab in solidarity to their Muslim sisters.
It's the right thing to do.

Anyone can wear whatever they like.  But sometimes, it puts you out of touch with the rest of society.  I could perfectly legally wear a bright blue mohawk haircut, glue huge wings to my back, and walk around in my underwear.  But that doesn't mean I will be accepted by society, be hired by companies, and invited to dinner parties...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Shiranu

Saudi Arabia, the hotbed of moderate Islam. Any liberal would tell you that.

Hmmm...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

The whole thing aside, isn't this Robert Spencer the blogger/vlogger of 'Obama is a muslim'. Why didn't you post the Independent piece? The text in the link reads like some sort of a jihadic pamphlet and all it says that she is being abused by individuals online. 

By the way, gang rape is a 'punishment' for women particular to some rural, non muslim Indian cultures, not Saudi Arabia. You keep failing your cultural marxist courses. 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cavebear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 02, 2016, 04:15:57 AM
The whole thing aside, isn't this Robert Spencer the blogger/vlogger of 'Obama is a muslim'. Why didn't you post the Independent piece? The text in the link reads like some sort of a jihadic pamphlet and all it says that she is being abused by individuals online. 

By the way, gang rape is a 'punishment' for women particular to some rural, non muslim Indian cultures, not Saudi Arabia. You keep failing your cultural marxist courses.

There's that "cultural marxist" reference again.  Could you please explain what that means.  I understand "cultural" and I understand "marxist".  I just don't understand the 2 words together.

Baruch

Unfortunately, in some extreme societies, even Egypt (which has a problem with sexual harassment), women who aren't "modest" are treated as whores.  Not that I would want that for my community.  And I would never treat a whore with disrespect anyway.  Those same societies also treat women as property.  Fortunately some of us have gotten past Victorian mores.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 02, 2016, 07:02:59 AM
Unfortunately, in some extreme societies, even Egypt (which has a problem with sexual harassment), women who aren't "modest" are treated as whores.  Not that I would want that for my community.  And I would never treat a whore with disrespect anyway.  Those same societies also treat women as property.  Fortunately some of us have gotten past Victorian mores.

Apparently, you have barely gotten past Victorian ideals.  If at all.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 02, 2016, 07:34:30 AM
Apparently, you have barely gotten past Victorian ideals.  If at all.

Queen Victoria would not be amused ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 02, 2016, 07:37:57 AM
Queen Victoria would not be amused ;-(

Nor am I.  Did you have some point in posting?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cavebear on December 02, 2016, 04:22:29 AM
There's that "cultural marxist" reference again.  Could you please explain what that means.  I understand "cultural" and I understand "marxist".  I just don't understand the 2 words together.

http://atheistforums.com/index.php?topic=10993.msg1157085#msg1157085
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cavebear

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on December 02, 2016, 07:50:08 AM
Dude, don't even try. You have no visa for that planet. ;)
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 02, 2016, 08:07:29 AM
Dude, don't even try. You have no visa for that planet. ;)

Have wagon, will travel...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 02, 2016, 07:50:08 AM

We left the Victorian era over 100 years ago ... I am at least an Edwardian (son of Victoria).  And yes, I sometimes enjoy harassing you a bit ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?