Theist:Why do you think God does not exist what are your reasons?

Started by John Paul, November 26, 2016, 04:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

popsthebuilder

Quote from: SGOS on May 18, 2017, 08:59:43 AM
You're not quite there yet.
I was just commenting on the double negative effectively making the statement I wrote identical in meaning to the one you wrote.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

SGOS

I've already forgotten who John Paul is, but I'd ban him just to be on the safe side.

SGOS

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 18, 2017, 09:04:42 AM
I was just commenting on the double negative effectively making the statement I wrote identical in meaning to the one you wrote.
I was responding to Baruch in secret Baruchian grammar.  If it was originally your quote, it got lost in the nonsense.  Note that "not" was capitalized twice.  In Baruchian, this signals the need to skip any details that might make sense.  The objective is to cause wonder without actually communicating.  Please get up to speed.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: SGOS on May 18, 2017, 09:18:07 AM
I was responding to Baruch in secret Baruchian grammar.  If it was originally your quote, it got lost in the nonsense.  Note that "not" was capitalized twice.  In Baruchian, this signals the need to skip any details that might make sense.  The objective is to cause wonder without actually communicating.  Please get up to speed.
Lol....literally

Baruch

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 18, 2017, 09:04:42 AM

That is true in English, and hence unstylish ... but not true in other languages.  Anglophone?  Just say Nein!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on May 18, 2017, 07:38:55 AM
That shade of gray that you are missing is that NOT everything is NOT black/white.

I am aware that some things are black/white .. but any claim is disputable.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 18, 2017, 08:28:07 AM
Uhm.....so.....everything is black and white?

Black/white is a false dichotomy, depending on who uses it ... it is a gambit, like keeping extra cards up your sleeve in a poker game.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on May 18, 2017, 09:06:09 AM
I've already forgotten who John Paul is, but I'd ban him just to be on the safe side.

John Paul I and John Paul II have both passed on.  No need to ban them, unless they have Internet in Catholic heaven ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on May 18, 2017, 09:18:07 AM

As a linguist, I am aware of all grammars invented, and those yet to be invented ;-)  And I know that semantically, all speech and writing are solipsistic self dealing.  Communication doesn't.  What happens is semaphore between two people who at least on a micro-level share the same experience, including language and culture.  What do you and I share?  If we have something to share ... then we can semaphore ... it is like when a misogynist makes a crude joke about women, and another misogynist who hears it, just has to wink back (because his wife is standing next to him).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I think it is pretty hard to believe in a deity half way.  There either is one or not.  It is kind of like being pregnant or not.  I am very sure I am neither religious nor pregnant.  ;)
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 18, 2017, 03:59:07 AM
I think it is pretty hard to believe in a deity half way.  There either is one or not.  It is kind of like being pregnant or not.  I am very sure I am neither religious nor pregnant.  ;)

Not just either/or, but both/and.  You are more than one person.  You are the result of a pregnancy, and I rather imagine that you are descended from theists.  You may also have been involved as an impregnator ... and you many have children or grandchildren who are theists.  Think of the children!  Both those of the past and those the future, not just your own present childishness ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.