Theist:Why do you think God does not exist what are your reasons?

Started by John Paul, November 26, 2016, 04:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fencerider

Quote from: doorknob on February 20, 2017, 01:52:39 PM
back to the op
yes lets go there. www.kyroot.com 1490 Reasons why Christianity is false

Quote from: doorknob on February 20, 2017, 01:52:39 PM
the bible was written by primitive people
If we were to take our 2017 technology back to people living 2,000 years ago, they would think what we do is magic.... 3,000 years ago maybe they would call us gods; even demi-god Baruch
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

I recognize myself in the mirror, though it is an opposite handed version of myself.  With a definition of demigod, not distorted by either theists nor by atheists ... it was obvious that it applies to all humans, not just ones with big hands like Trump (or Julius Caesar).  Post-Christian atheists can't escape their post-Christian-ess .. they have internalized all the Christian criticisms of pagan Rome, in favor of Christian Rome.  Constantine got to write the history, not Maxentius.

So no, high technology wouldn't be mistaken by me, for von Daniken gods.  And I don't necessarily agree that people of the past were primitive.  We seem pretty primitive right now.  Excuse me, I need to go put that tribal bone in my nose, before I head on to work ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

doorknob

Quote from: Baruch on February 21, 2017, 06:32:07 AM
I recognize myself in the mirror, though it is an opposite handed version of myself.  With a definition of demigod, not distorted by either theists nor by atheists ... it was obvious that it applies to all humans, not just ones with big hands like Trump (or Julius Caesar).  Post-Christian atheists can't escape their post-Christian-ess .. they have internalized all the Christian criticisms of pagan Rome, in favor of Christian Rome.  Constantine got to write the history, not Maxentius.

So no, high technology wouldn't be mistaken by me, for von Daniken gods.  And I don't necessarily agree that people of the past were primitive.  We seem pretty primitive right now.  Excuse me, I need to go put that tribal bone in my nose, before I head on to work ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM&sns=em

Demi god? You mean like this?

Btw you're welcome is my favorite saying! When I first heard this song I said "wow this is me!"

I guess I'm a Demi god too! Secretly I already knew that .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unbeliever

What's the difference between a demigod and a semi-hemi-demi-god?

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Glad you could put that into one word ...

Hemi-Greek = 1/2
Semi-Latin = 1/2
Demi-Greek = 1/2 so ...
1/(2*2*2) = 1/8
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 21, 2017, 04:39:29 PM
What's the difference between a demigod and a semi-hemi-demi-god?

That gives the possibility of a deity too much likelihood.  More like zero to a pico-possibility.  But I get the gist...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Yeah, I got that from the word hemidemisemiquaver, which is a 64th note.
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 23, 2017, 06:22:56 PM
Yeah, I got that from the word hemidemisemiquaver, which is a 64th note.

Music is not my strong point, but a good analogy is a good analogy!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Ro3bert

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 26, 2016, 05:32:54 PM
"The upshot is: It doesn't seem likely than anyone other God created the universe."

I created the Universe. Prove I didn't.

Easy you couldn't have because I created the universe. Prove I didn't, or is it that we collaborated in the creation.

Unbeliever

Yeah, maybe it was a committee that created the thing, which would explain why it's so fucked up...
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 26, 2017, 07:35:13 PM
Yeah, maybe it was a committee that created the thing, which would explain why it's so fucked up...

The human world is created by the billions of humans who have lived and interacted with each other, and with surrounding nature.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sorginak

Quote from: Baruch on April 26, 2017, 11:03:20 PM
The human world is created by the billions of humans who have lived and interacted with each other, and with surrounding nature.

The world is created by those in power; not the billions. 

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on April 26, 2017, 11:04:24 PM
The world is created by those in power; not the billions.

Every human is equal, but some are more equal than others ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sorginak

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on April 26, 2017, 11:14:07 PM
Don't give me that crap.

We all have our own crap .. so you don't need other's crap ... unless of course you are collecting it for disposal.

But if the first will be last, then the Elite are to be pitied (as per the Epistle of James).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.