Theist:Why do you think God does not exist what are your reasons?

Started by John Paul, November 26, 2016, 04:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 17, 2017, 01:03:57 PM
We know nothing about spoken language, before written texts ... except by academic reconstruction (as in Proto-Indo-European) and even that is way younger (4000 BCE) than cave art in France.  Maybe you don't like the fact that the French have always been culturally superior? ;-)

You DO realize the the current French are several times removed from the Lescaux cave painters, I hope. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Cavebear on February 17, 2017, 01:15:23 PM
You DO realize the the current French are several times removed from the Lescaux cave painters, I hope. 
The current French also have very little to do with the Roman Empire, but that doesn't stop them from invoking that imagery when it's convenient.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on February 17, 2017, 02:43:48 PM
The current French also have very little to do with the Roman Empire, but that doesn't stop them from invoking that imagery when it's convenient.

The late Roman Germanic occupation of Gaul, was patrilineal in the German side, and matrilineal on the Gaulish side.  Mothers usually teach their babies their language, so that is why there is so little Old German in French, but much derivative from the particular dialect of Vulgar Latin that the Gauls spoke.  The Germans were similarly ineffective in the other parts of the Roman Empire that they over-ran, linguistically.  Strictly rape and pillage folks ... just like they still are ;-)  Though some Germans, having been working a long time for the Romans, simply wanted to be naturalized as a result of their Roman mercenary veteran status.  They had no desire to continue speaking German.  The Anglo-Saxon mercenaries brought over to Britain however, not only raped and pillaged, they managed to have their sons and daughters speak their father's language.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

That is what the French would expect an gauche Anglophone to say ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

I know all about the peccadilloes of the Indo-Europeans, East and West.  Soma much?  There were a number of Paleocene, Mesocene and Neocene folks in W Europe, before the Russian hordes arrived from the steppes (R1b cattle herders with horses and bronze) into Europe after 2000 BCE.  This last happened in 1814 with the initial surrender of Napoleon outside Paris.  It may happen again in our day.  The Cold War isn't over, and what goes around, comes around.  Like with the later Anglo-Saxon case, they not only raped and pillaged, they managed to have offspring who spoke their father's language, but the women continued minus their original husbands.  But the earliest recorded European language, is early Greek circa 1200 BCE.  Then literacy was lost for almost 500 years, and was reinvented ... getting a good start by the 6th century BCE (Homer and Hesiod written down).  It took the Romans another 400 years go become literate for the first time (2nd century BCE).  There wasn't another literary European language, until Old Irish was recorded in the early Middle Ages.  So basically, our linguistic understanding of European languages, that has real hard evidence, begins with the Iron Age.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 17, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
Anglophone - is that Apple's new product?

Yes, but only sold in England, not in Scotland ;-)  The advertising jingle is "Seri, wha' for Brexit?"
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 17, 2017, 06:16:32 PM
I know all about the peccadilloes of the Indo-Europeans, East and West.  Soma much?  There were a number of Paleocene, Mesocene and Neocene folks in W Europe, before the Russian hordes arrived from the steppes (R1b cattle herders with horses and bronze) into Europe after 2000 BCE.  This last happened in 1814 with the initial surrender of Napoleon outside Paris.  It may happen again in our day.  The Cold War isn't over, and what goes around, comes around.  Like with the later Anglo-Saxon case, they not only raped and pillaged, they managed to have offspring who spoke their father's language, but the women continued minus their original husbands.  But the earliest recorded European language, is early Greek circa 1200 BCE.  Then literacy was lost for almost 500 years, and was reinvented ... getting a good start by the 6th century BCE (Homer and Hesiod written down).  It took the Romans another 400 years go become literate for the first time (2nd century BCE).  There wasn't another literary European language, until Old Irish was recorded in the early Middle Ages.  So basically, our linguistic understanding of European languages, that has real hard evidence, begins with the Iron Age.

If you are saying that Europeans are mostly from Asian steppes, I won't argue against it. 

My best understanding through reading of European immigration is that the Cro-magnons moved in, were replaced or pushed East by the Picts in the North, who were replaced or pushed East by the Celts, who were replaced or pushed East by the Gauls.

Meanwhile, The Minoans colonized coastlines of Greece, they they met people coming down from the Balkans, who adopted many Minoan habits and Linear A writing, then advanced to Mycenaean culture writing in Linear B (Minoan in their own sounds), who then became the Greeks, who attacked Minoan colonies like Try, which fled to Italy and become the Romans, who  conquored the Etruscans and took over their basic local gods structure, that discovered the Greeks and conquored THEM, and adapted their gods hierarchy, and fought the Asian steppes immigrants in the north until the whole thing collapsed for a few centuries until the combined peoples picked up the pieces and got everything together in small principalities until the Vikings came at them from the North, the Moors/Moslems from the southeast (Spain), and East (Byzantiam) and then they became knightly tugs who beat up all the locals and stole everything from them until Plagues and more Moslems came and forced them to organize.

And they were so desperate for unifying ideas that they let the Catholic Church take over until they couldn't stand it any more and the Reformation happened, which led to centuries of warfare until everyone was so exhausted they made large nations such as we see today.

Does that about summarize it?

Baruch

No, the European part of Indo-European ... is fake news (promoted by the British East Indies Company).  There were already Europeans living in Europe, before the Russians arrived with their horses, kumis, carts, cattle, cow's milk and women who can give birth in a potato field, even before potatoes came from Peru.  My alpha male ancestry is Neolithic farmer from the Middle East ... we built Stone Henge (originally called Woodstock) where we had big parties and got stoned with beer (made from that new age food, barley).  We didn't conquer Europe ... we promoted FarmVille 1.0 ... we simply were unattached, more attractive males who out dated most of the hairy Stone Age men (bears?) already there (my ancestors shaved? ... women like shaved men better).

My alpha female ancestry is late Stone Age in the area of Spain/France.  This was the earlier Middle East invasion of Europe, facilitated by Stone Age America and Stone Age Britain dropping rocks from the sky on my Middle Eastern ancestors, because they knew we were sexier and more successful than they were, but it backfired as I stated, we visited Europe as traveling salesman, overstayed our visas, and married the hot cave babes we found there (while their men were away at work, hunting or painting caves).  The reason why the Middle East is still messed up? .... you have to imagine why all the Middle Eastern women back home in Syria are covered ... why we brought our sheep and goats with us as travel companions ;-))

Meanwhile a used Talmud salesman got in the mix in the 18th century ... with Jewish, it only takes one to make a pool of Gentiles kosher ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Quote from: Baruch on February 19, 2017, 06:28:22 AM
we built Stone Henge (originally called Woodstock) where we had big parties and got stoned with beer (made from that new age food, barley).  We didn't conquer Europe ... we promoted FarmVille 1.0 ... we simply were unattached, more attractive males who out dated most of the hairy Stone Age men

we visited Europe as traveling salesman, overstayed our visas, and married the hot cave babes we found there (while their men were away at work, hunting or painting caves).
Wow Baruch . didnt know you were that old... So why did you build stonehenge? and when did you stop partyin long enough to start chasin cave babes?
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on February 19, 2017, 04:07:04 PM
Wow Baruch . didnt know you were that old... So why did you build stonehenge? and when did you stop partyin long enough to start chasin cave babes?

Ancestry, which I share with many other people from Europe.  The European part of the Indo-Europeans were Russians ... and my main language descends from that ... English from Germanic, and Germanic from Indo-European.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 19, 2017, 06:28:22 AM
No, the European part of Indo-European ... is fake news (promoted by the British East Indies Company).  There were already Europeans living in Europe, before the Russians arrived with their horses, kumis, carts, cattle, cow's milk and women who can give birth in a potato field, even before potatoes came from Peru.  My alpha male ancestry is Neolithic farmer from the Middle East ... we built Stone Henge (originally called Woodstock) where we had big parties and got stoned with beer (made from that new age food, barley).  We didn't conquer Europe ... we promoted FarmVille 1.0 ... we simply were unattached, more attractive males who out dated most of the hairy Stone Age men (bears?) already there (my ancestors shaved? ... women like shaved men better).

My alpha female ancestry is late Stone Age in the area of Spain/France.  This was the earlier Middle East invasion of Europe, facilitated by Stone Age America and Stone Age Britain dropping rocks from the sky on my Middle Eastern ancestors, because they knew we were sexier and more successful than they were, but it backfired as I stated, we visited Europe as traveling salesman, overstayed our visas, and married the hot cave babes we found there (while their men were away at work, hunting or painting caves).  The reason why the Middle East is still messed up? .... you have to imagine why all the Middle Eastern women back home in Syria are covered ... why we brought our sheep and goats with us as travel companions ;-))

Meanwhile a used Talmud salesman got in the mix in the 18th century ... with Jewish, it only takes one to make a pool of Gentiles kosher ;-)

Obvious sarcasm is boring and tedious.  My information stands.

Baruch

Well tell us all about your ancestry research ... but in a different section.  I know what I know ... are you R1b chauvinist or not?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

doorknob

I know I already answered this but I'm Bored so back to the op.

I think it should be pretty obvious that there is no god. The christian religion seems like a big fat scam. Any one who tells you that blind faith as a virtue is full of shit. God basically says to believe in him, gives you no real good reason other then he'll throw you in hell if you don't. Does that seem very godly to you? Or does it sound like one of his prophets trying to scare people into believing because he didn't have a good reason for people to believe him? 

When you read the bible it's pretty clear that this was written by primitive people. It's clear as crystal that I don't know how you can miss it other than brainwashing. It sounds like bogus lies that desert people would tell each other both to control each other and to explain things they couldn't explain other wise. It seems so obvious to us atheists that we can't relate to those who believe. Just as believers can't relate or understand what not believing there is a god means. They come here believing all the lies they were told about us and fail to understand that we feel the same about god that you probably feel about unicorns. It's that simple!

Baruch

Christianity is primarily, since Constantine, a European scam.  Islam is clearly an Arabic scam.  But they are very good scams, controlling almost 1/2 of humanity between them.  So ... don't get scammed yourself.  Most Jews have jettisoned the Jewish religion scam, though not all the ethnic aspects.

In many cases, relating go some religion is ethnic or national or cultural.  You can't just become Shinto because you want to.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.