My story to atheism...and then back to christianity again..

Started by SatanicJesus, May 29, 2017, 05:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SatanicJesus

At 10 years old I came to my own conclusion that Santa Claus wasn't real due to realizing the physics I witnessed my whole life didn't make sense to warrant it. And then 6 months later I had the same thoughts about god which sent chills down my spine that I dealt with the next 5 years, but eventually I jumped through all psychological hurdles to accept it.

And then 4 months ago Jesus revealed himself to me but with horns, a pitchfork and a pointy tale and said unto me that the bible was just a ploy to get otherwise kind people to do terrible things. And this was an observation I couldn't argue, so I became a believer again. The only difference is that this time I just now know that the christian god is a force of evil rather than good, and I'm fine with that.

Now I go to church again which helps tremendously to hide the shame I feel for doing all those bad things with full knowledge I now know that I have a loving Satan errr...savior that will forgive me for all those sinful deeds waiving all the responsibility and guilt I felt for them. And even if I screw up and keep repeating those sins, He will always forgive me. This is very comforting. So now I don't have to try too hard to make any changes.

That's why atheism just doesn't work. Without a god to forgive all your deeds with the only cost of blind devotion, you have nothing but the sour taste of reality to cope with all your sins! How is that even doable? You have to almost never sin in order to prevent that guilt which inevitably follows. THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on May 29, 2017, 06:16:26 AM
Maybe lay off the drugs there, boyo.

Proper communion wine is not only nutritious, it is legal.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SatanicJesus on May 29, 2017, 05:35:48 AM
At 10 years old I came to my own conclusion that Santa Claus wasn't real due to realizing the physics I witnessed my whole life didn't make sense to warrant it. And then 6 months later I had the same thoughts about god which sent chills down my spine that I dealt with the next 5 years, but eventually I jumped through all psychological hurdles to accept it.

And then 4 months ago Jesus revealed himself to me but with horns, a pitchfork and a pointy tale and said unto me that the bible was just a ploy to get otherwise kind people to do terrible things. And this was an observation I couldn't argue, so I became a believer again. The only difference is that this time I just now know that the christian god is a force of evil rather than good, and I'm fine with that.

Now I go to church again which helps tremendously to hide the shame I feel for doing all those bad things with full knowledge I now know that I have a loving Satan errr...savior that will forgive me for all those sinful deeds waiving all the responsibility and guilt I felt for them. And even if I screw up and keep repeating those sins, He will always forgive me. This is very comforting. So now I don't have to try too hard to make any changes.

That's why atheism just doesn't work. Without a god to forgive all your deeds with the only cost of blind devotion, you have nothing but the sour taste of reality to cope with all your sins! How is that even doable? You have to almost never sin in order to prevent that guilt which inevitably follows. THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Really?  Of just a rhetorical sob story to get a rise out of gullible people?  I will take the bait.

Yes, G-d is a force for evil (see cheap grace) ... and good.  Really just amoral (potentiality is amoral, only actuality can be either moral or immoral), because morality is for ape men to worry needlessly about.  Why stay binary ... why can't G-d be both?  Is your idealistic childishness still offended?  Apostle Paul says, "I have put away childish things".  Why are you still worried?  I have learned to just suppress any guilty feeling, still have them, but don't cater to them.  And yes, communion (aka ritual forgiveness) is an interesting psychological ploy, and a lot easier than going to the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem, to sacrifice a sheep.  But that is a communal thing (common-ion) ... it means nothing when done on your own.  In olden times, you had to publicly admit your sin, do penance, before you could be readmitted to communion.  I don't think that is the system you are following, you are following cheap grace.  So in what way can you be a part of a group ... a congregation ... even "sky clad" Wicca?  Not all religion is about blind devotion ... that is bhakti yoga ... there are other yogas to try.  You would make as good a follower of Krishna as of Jesus ... but then they are closely related ;-)  Moses is the devil too ... Michelangelo, due to a Bible misquote, sculpted him with horns.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses_(Michelangelo)

Of course this was easily misinterpreted by the anti-semites.  We Jewish folk are devils, we can kill the Christian god (no, the Romans are innocent, we made the Romans do it ... not).  So are you a Latin Christian, are you Roman?  How vulgar (Vulgate translation).

And no, you are wrong.  Santa Claus is real ... I have portrayed him myself for my baby daughter's first Christmas and for an old folks home.  Though the English version, Father Christmas ... is better than the American version borrowed from Germany.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SatanicJesus

Quote from: Baruch on May 29, 2017, 06:57:19 AM
Really?  Of just a rhetorical sob story to get a rise out of gullible people?  I will take the bait.

Haha. Caught one.

SatanicJesus

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on May 29, 2017, 06:16:26 AM
Maybe lay off the drugs there, boyo.

Drugs are how I see god. That's how I know he's real.

SGOS

What could be more real than a drug induced hallucination?

Mike Cl

Quote from: SatanicJesus on May 29, 2017, 12:30:21 PM
Drugs are how I see god. That's how I know he's real.
Yeah! Wow!  You silver tongued devil you!!  I have now seen the error of my ways and am out looking up my local neighborhood pusher.  Soon I too, can enjoy the horned savior!  Where have I been?????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 29, 2017, 01:34:57 PM
Yeah! Wow!  You silver tongued devil you!!  I have now seen the error of my ways and am out looking up my local neighborhood pusher.  Soon I too, can enjoy the horned savior!  Where have I been?????

Silver tongue inferior to gold tongue ... see Fort Knox.  See early Byzantine patriach ... John Chrysostom.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

The problem with this place is that it has become so jaundiced that sarcasm cannot be recognized and laughed at. But this is understandable as we have had posters like this who take themselves with all seriousness and we have laughed for years only to find they were serious..............(  <-----serious mis-use of ellipsis)

say la-treshly..iss..
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Posters are mostly old White men ... so more likely diabetes than jaundice.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: SatanicJesus on May 29, 2017, 05:35:48 AM

gtfo troll

Cavebear

Quote from: aitm on May 29, 2017, 03:01:02 PM
The problem with this place is that it has become so jaundiced that sarcasm cannot be recognized and laughed at. But this is understandable as we have had posters like this who take themselves with all seriousness and we have laughed for years only to find they were serious..............(  <-----serious mis-use of ellipsis)

say la-treshly..iss..

The line between jokesters and trolls is thin.  Jokesters give it up after a while, trolls don't.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!