Billionaire. Creationist. Education Secretary. Meet Betsy DeVos.

Started by Shiranu, November 26, 2016, 02:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Exactly ... anarchy Capitalism or destruction Capitalism is all the rage for several decades now.  Now they are bringing it to governance.  OK, people who oppose department X ... they can legislate it out of existence, simply refuse to enforce the law/regulations pertaining to it, defund the hell out of it, or provide destructive leadership.  R-party will use all of the above.  If the R-party got what they wanted ... almost all Federal agencies would be eliminated outright.  That is what they do.  Do you criticize the ecological purpose of bugs and mold ... they help the corpses of Democrats decay into useful humus.  On the other hand, the living animals and plants ... live, while they still can, eventually providing employment for the bugs and mold.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

fencerider

that means devos will eventually be billion dollar bug meat.

That doesnt help any of us. Looks more like the rules are for regular folk. Rules dont apply to rich people like DonRump. They get to make the rules.

I guess Devros can redeem herself if she manages to teach people how dumb they were to pick Donald. All these illegal immigrants planning to go home cause they are afraid of Trump. save a seat on the bus for the rest of us
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Dreamer

Charter schools suck.  They're prone to closing in the middle of a school year, with no notice to students or teachers.  They don't deliver.  They're given federal funds but not required to follow federal law or regulation.  Public schools have their hands tied by regulations and overreach.  Practically begging for pennies.  And their sole function is to create an educated population.  The sole function of a charter school? Make money for its investors.

I really hope they refuse to approve her.  But they will.
<br /><br />Individually, we are one drop.  Together, we are an ocean.<br /><br />

Mike Cl

Quote from: reasonist on November 29, 2016, 07:49:38 PM
Instead of draining the swamp, he is filling it even more with nepotism. I am still in disbelief that so many people got fooled by this con artist.
I am not in disbelief---yet.  I'm in shock.  I'll feel better when I get to disbelief.  I knew our country was filled with SFA's (stupid fucking americans), but I did not realize just how full. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Favoritism and cronyism for Republicans ... nepotism is big for Democrats.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 01, 2017, 01:41:40 AM
If that was true, I'd have a big job now...

You are a college buddy of the First Lady?  You coded the Obamacare web site?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 01, 2017, 03:33:40 AM
You are a college buddy of the First Lady?  You coded the Obamacare web site?

No, since I have no big Government job, that is proof your claim is wrong.  ;)

Jason78

Is this really American Democracy?    Can you just buy yourself a position of power?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Baruch

Quote from: Jason78 on January 01, 2017, 02:40:07 PM
Is this really American Democracy?    Can you just buy yourself a position of power?

It is a little more complicated, than going down to Walmart, picking a political position off the shelf, and swiping your credit card at the checkout ;-)

Politicians have always been for sale.  Pericles was charged with corruption (malfeasance).  Like most job searching ... it is networking networking networking.  The resume/CV is important but secondary.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

unfortunately yes you can buy a politician. If the politician is above taking your bribe all you gotta do is threaten to put a lot of money into a superpac of a competing candidate. wall st dangles some chump change in front of a representative (which is probably more money than a representative knows what yo do with) and they suddenly turn into yes-men
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on January 03, 2017, 02:24:00 AM
unfortunately yes you can buy a politician. If the politician is above taking your bribe all you gotta do is threaten to put a lot of money into a superpac of a competing candidate. wall st dangles some chump change in front of a representative (which is probably more money than a representative knows what yo do with) and they suddenly turn into yes-men

Ah, but politicians don't stay bought ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Jason78 on January 01, 2017, 02:40:07 PM

If you are a Republican, or can pretend to be one, and have enough money, YOU TOO can be SOMEONE IMPORTANT!  Its the Trumpian universe and all are welcome to participate in the glories and gains hereby! 

Stay at his hotels, play on his golf courses, give money to his children and you will do well cronies...

The age of Robber Barons has RETURNED!

PopeyesPappy

Devos was just confirmed by the senate by a 51-50 vote with Pence casting the deciding vote.

You think public schools are bad now just wait until this completely unqualified (except for her political donations) bitch gets done with them.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

doorknob

we are so fucked. I'm glad my kids are almost adults and already had their education. If they were younger They would miss out on the truth.