Author Topic: What made you leave the church?  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Baruch

Re: What made you leave the church?
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2017, 06:00:40 AM »
I'm just curious what you mean by being a spiritual guy?

That didn't take long.  I am one of the resident non-atheists here.  I read/post for my own psycho-somatic therapy.  And to give the other regulars some subversion.  One can laugh or cry ... I prefer to laugh ... and I don't mind your subversive avatar one bit.  I consider G-d to be like Cthulhu.  Monstrous.  To more directly answer you ... I am a kosher shaman or Jewish mystic.  I experience G-d all the time.
שלום

« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2017, 03:58:15 PM »
I am a kosher shaman

So, you can be served at a Jewish deli?
God Not Found
"It is not God that is worshipped but the group or authority that claims to speak in His name. Sin becomes disobedience to authority not violation of integrity."
Radhakrishnan, Sir Sarvepalli

Offline SGOS

« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2017, 05:41:38 PM »
I like kosher pickles.  But I don't think the good flavor has anything to do with being kosher.

Offline Baruch

« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2017, 07:37:52 PM »
I like kosher pickles.  But I don't think the good flavor has anything to do with being kosher.

Kosher -  not pissed and crapped in by nasty Gentiles.  Halal for Muslims means the same ... not passed and crapped in by nasty Infidels.
שלום

Offline Baruch

« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2017, 07:39:18 PM »
So, you can be served at a Jewish deli?

Nothing wrong with non-kosher shamen.  Medicine men of the Navaho for example.

Like your new picture ... you know a triple face like that is a symbol of Vishnu.  Are you going to go all Hindu on us?
שלום

« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2017, 09:38:29 PM »
That didn't take long.  I am one of the resident non-atheists here.  I read/post for my own psycho-somatic therapy.  And to give the other regulars some subversion.  One can laugh or cry ... I prefer to laugh ... and I don't mind your subversive avatar one bit.  I consider G-d to be like Cthulhu.  Monstrous.  To more directly answer you ... I am a kosher shaman or Jewish mystic.  I experience G-d all the time.

Damn this thread exploded. Anyway, I prefer to laugh too and subversion is key to my sense of humor.

I feel spiritual too. Like I still pray to what I think is nothing, but hopefully some unknown unknown will grant some indirect guidance, just to feel good. But deep down I think I am just satisfying a portion of my brain that is nothing more than a primitive superstition which helped our ancestors survive. 

I guess that's how I come to define my "spirituality" I guess.......

Offline Baruch

« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2017, 05:07:53 AM »
Damn this thread exploded. Anyway, I prefer to laugh too and subversion is key to my sense of humor.

I feel spiritual too. Like I still pray to what I think is nothing, but hopefully some unknown unknown will grant some indirect guidance, just to feel good. But deep down I think I am just satisfying a portion of my brain that is nothing more than a primitive superstition which helped our ancestors survive. 

I guess that's how I come to define my "spirituality" I guess.......

It is all psychology and sociology, all the say down.  Ontological argument is a boring waste of time.  You do what you do, either singular "you" or plural "you" ... and as an anthropologist, I just stand back and watch, except then it is time to throw another banana in the midst of the ape men.  Many people here make epistemological arguments, yet don't like philosophy.  They are just trying to throw some glad rags on their materialistic nakedness.
שלום

« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2017, 05:46:57 PM »
Nothing wrong with non-kosher shamen.  Medicine men of the Navaho for example.

Like your new picture ... you know a triple face like that is a symbol of Vishnu.  Are you going to go all Hindu on us?
Nah, I just found something that would fit well in the space allowed.
God Not Found
"It is not God that is worshipped but the group or authority that claims to speak in His name. Sin becomes disobedience to authority not violation of integrity."
Radhakrishnan, Sir Sarvepalli

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2017, 08:41:27 AM »
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead