News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What I like about Islam ...

Started by Baruch, November 25, 2016, 12:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Islam was originally a butchering jihad across Northern Africa killing all Christians along the way.  It seems to have stayed that way.  From sacking Constantinople on the east of Europe to attacking Spain and Italy from the south and West, it was after Europe from the start.  And since Christian Europe was attacked by Vikings from the north, they had a hard time for a while.

The surviving Europeans, horrible thugs though they were (forcibly), did have some grievances toward the Islamists and Vikings.  I don't care 2 figs about the religions, but let's not forget who attacked who first.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 28, 2016, 03:13:10 AM
Islam was originally a butchering jihad across Northern Africa killing all Christians along the way.  It seems to have stayed that way.  From sacking Constantinople on the east of Europe to attacking Spain and Italy from the south and West, it was after Europe from the start.  And since Christian Europe was attacked by Vikings from the north, they had a hard time for a while.

The surviving Europeans, horrible thugs though they were (forcibly), did have some grievances toward the Islamists and Vikings.  I don't care 2 figs about the religions, but let's not forget who attacked who first.

Like today, the Romans were in the Middle East 700 years before Muhammad, and that doesn't count the Greeks who were there back during the Trojan War (it is in Asia Minor).  It is like arguing that some Native Americans were pacifist (they never were).  Who did it first?  Caine.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: PickelledEggs on November 27, 2016, 02:03:28 AM
Halal Guys in NYC is great. It will give you massive diarrhea, but it tastes amazing

Care to spend a few hours in  a halal slaughter house? It is quite educational.

see here

Baruch

pr126 ... are you vegetarian?  And if you are, when will you stop engaging in terrorism against the plant kingdom?

All animal slaughter ... is awful.  But people are awful, so it is OK ... chill.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: Baruch on November 29, 2016, 12:44:07 PM
pr126 ... are you vegetarian?  And if you are, when will you stop engaging in terrorism against the plant kingdom?

All animal slaughter ... is awful.  But people are awful, so it is OK ... chill.
Not a vegetarian. But I find halal killing unacceptable.
Now some here will use a tu quoque on the jewish orthodox practice, but it is not the same by a long shot.
First, compare the numbers of orthodox Jews with the number of Muslims.
Second, unlike Muslims, the Jews are not forcing non Jews to eat kosher.

Here in the UK most public places such as schools, prisons, hospitals, etc are serving halal food without the consent of non Muslims.
Supermarkets are not labeling meat product if  it is halal or not. (By EU edict).
So customers do not know what they are buying.

The halal meat industry is charging extra, and some of that money is financing jihad.
Also it is promoting sharia by stealth.

https://youtu.be/3gYq2DQG1zI

Atheon

Ah Pat Condell, the world's biggest Islamophobe.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

pr126

No such thing as an Islamophobe.
It is a made up word without logic, invented to shut up discussion on Islam.

How does Christianophobe sound to you? Does it make sense?

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on December 01, 2016, 07:09:00 AM

Don't be so out of style ... it is triggering now, not phobia ;-)

Pr126 ... you are Pat Condell ;-(  You are subsidizing Saudi Arabia by buying petrol.

If you don't want to subsidize Muslims in your country, don't go to their businesses.  But unless you are the Queen, don't tell other Brits what they can or can't do.  You are a one man dictatorship, and the Queen hasn't authorized you.  Don't like a particular method of slaughter ... then kill your own bloody animals.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: Baruch on December 01, 2016, 07:16:45 AM
Don't be so out of style ... it is triggering now, not phobia ;-)

Pr126 ... you are Pat Condell ;-(  You are subsidizing Saudi Arabia by buying petrol.

If you don't want to subsidize Muslims in your country, don't go to their businesses.  But unless you are the Queen, don't tell other Brits what they can or can't do.  You are a one man dictatorship, and the Queen hasn't authorized you.  Don't like a particular method of slaughter ... then kill your own bloody animals.

I do not own a car, and I do not drive.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on December 01, 2016, 08:28:57 AM
I do not own a car, and I do not drive.

You benefit from those who do ... so you support the King of Arabia and his bloody Yemen war ... just the same.  Britain would have to cut off all outside trade, and financial flows, to actually not be implicated in Riyadh and Yemen.  And you as a citizen, are responsible for your government's actions.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: Baruch on December 01, 2016, 12:51:57 PM
You benefit from those who do ... so you support the King of Arabia and his bloody Yemen war ... just the same.  Britain would have to cut off all outside trade, and financial flows, to actually not be implicated in Riyadh and Yemen.  And you as a citizen, are responsible for your government's actions.
LOL.
Don't forget that I am also responsible for the climate change. Among other things.
One thing in my defence, - I did not vote for Trump.

Atheon

Quote from: pr126 on December 01, 2016, 07:09:00 AM

Yes it makes sense if you think all Christians, no matter how mild, are uniformly evil and plotting to get you. I would then call you a Christianophobe.

Now I hate the Religious Right, but I have no problems with most Christians, who happen to be mild, or even liberal. Same goes with Islam. I hate the extremists, but I have no problem with the mild moderate and liberal Muslims.

So yes, Islamophobia makes as much sense as anti-Semitism makes sense.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on December 01, 2016, 02:21:07 PM
LOL.
Don't forget that I am also responsible for the climate change. Among other things.

"All Muslims are guilty for what their ideological and political brethren do!"

"I'm not guilty for what my ideological and political brethren, who I directly fund through taxes, do!"

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

Quote from: popsthebuilder on November 26, 2016, 09:44:25 AM
...it's practitioners as a majority, do not follow the teachings. They are plagued by a literal interpretation in many cases it seems.

Much like the American Christians. Very few have even read the whole Bible, and many of the teachings and commandments of Jesus are completely ignored. I don't see why we should expect Islam to be any different.

I do very much like Islamic art, though - very geometric, since they were forbidden to portray living beings in their art. And I agree that their architecture rocks!

https://www.google.com/search?q=islamic+art&biw=1024&bih=631&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjP-MKf79PQAhUrjlQKHSeIAW0Q_AUIBigB
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on December 01, 2016, 02:21:07 PM
LOL.

Neither did I, but the Cultural Marxists would tell you that a vote for anyone other than Hillary, was a vote for Trump.  I can only hope they will end up like Fidel.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.