News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Happy Thanksgiving

Started by SGOS, November 23, 2016, 09:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

I'm leaving in a couple of hours to drive to the airport to hop a plane to visit family in Chicago for a week.  It's something I do most years, and is the only time I spend with family.  They keep me busy, sometimes wear me out, even.  Not that you guys need to know, or even care, but I just wanted to tell you.  I will have access to a computer, and I will be lurking the forum, but I'm not going to bother with my password, won't remember it, and won't be able to post.  Have a happy beginning of the holidays, and be nice to each other (it's the holidays, God damn it).  :smooch:

Mr.Obvious

Happy American turkey-massacre to you too.
Enjoy the family. And happy holidays.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hydra009

Spiced apple cider, steamed squash/zucchini, and BBQ ribs.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Happy murder the natives day...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

GSOgymrat

This is my dog now. This will also be me after dinner tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving!

drunkenshoe

Yeah exactly like Islamic Eid.

While I'm proud as no holiday religions have been celebrated in my family for a looong time, I am also  a bit jealous about it. :/
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

GrinningYMIR

I don't do thanksgiving since I don't like most of the food my family makes, got no problem with it as a whole though. ITs become a sort of football holiday anyway.

not my thing

prefer Halloween with sexy costumes <3
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

aitm

Happy drinking day to you as well.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 23, 2016, 01:45:42 PM
Happy genocide day...

The original reason, was the Civil War, not the Pilgrims.  That was Madison Avenue in the 1920s.  But still it is about genocide ... N against S.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on November 23, 2016, 01:16:07 PM
Happy murder the natives day...

I was born in the US too, and want to kill the other tribes, just like the Aztecs.  Gotta make the Sun come up in the morning!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

happy ignore the indians getting beat up day

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on November 24, 2016, 12:40:07 AM
happy ignore the indians getting beat up day

But if you really cared ... you would go to N Dakota to support the anti-oil pipeline protestors.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Yesterday I saw the President with a turkey. The caption at the bottom of the screen said "Obama pardons thousands of Thanksgiving Turkeys". My thought was "Trump voters?"
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers