How did Republicanism get mixed up with Christianity?

Started by Atheon, December 06, 2016, 05:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Being conservative is status quo, and status quo is everyone's normal ... only a few nuts want to break the status quo, and usually the public ignores them.  Group think is hard to beat, particularly when you are going around saying that the iPod People are taking over!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 22, 2016, 06:34:15 PM
Being conservative is status quo, and status quo is everyone's normal ... only a few nuts want to break the status quo, and usually the public ignores them.  Group think is hard to beat, particularly when you are going around saying that the iPod People are taking over!

The status quo is NOT my "normal".  MY normal is making things better for all people, not just the few that the Republicans love (the rich, the CEOs, the "have's).  I want everyone to be closer to the middle for better lives for all.

And I don't mean "middle" like some communistic or commutarian utopia.  People will go up and down in wealth and success.  The best will succeed.  Competition will happen.  But there won't be dynasties based on inherited wealth.  And no multi-billionaires. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!