News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I Marvel...

Started by Solomon Zorn, November 20, 2016, 10:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on March 26, 2017, 08:15:12 PMWell me I'm always thinking up slash fiction with any medium
Yondu/Nebula

You'll never be able to unthink it.  :)

Solomon Zorn

Okay, I know I may seem a little obsessed with returning the FF, to Marvel, but here's an idea I had:

Let's say that the FF license was returned to Marvel this year. I propose that Marvel do a retroactive history, treating the FF as if they came on the scene first...BUT..the story takes place on an alternate Earth(of which there are many, in the Multiverse). All that is required, is to bring them to our Earth, via one of the Infinity Stones. Result: an FF with a history, inserted into the timeline, without disrupting the continuity.

One feature of this take on the integration, is that the FF may already know some of the other heroes, but from a different Earth...

If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Solomon Zorn

To construct a Fantastic Four foundation, you first need...

...Reed Richards(Mr. Fantastic). The genius/scientist. I would have him struggle with deciding, between several different potential paths, for himself and the team. Perhaps one is accepting funding from the government, and the alternative is accepting funds from Stark. Who knows. But he starts out completely oblivious to the adoration of his assistant...

...Sue Storm(The Invisible Woman). She is a stunningly beautiful young scientist, who admires Reed's intellect, and finds his seeming indifference, to be more attractive, than the average drueling male. I haven't yet fleshed out any thoughts for her brother...

...Johnny Storm(The Human Torch). He was my great-nephew's favorite character, from the 2005 movie. Called him "Johnny Flame." I was always partial to their friend, and pilot...

...Benjamin Grimm(The Thing). The rubber suit, that Fox used in the first two films, was an embarrassment to FF fans. Doing the Thing properly, requires CGI. But doing the story right is the most important thing.

Solomon Zorn

If the FF returned, we could have the Silver Surfer in Avengers: Infinity War. He and Thanos, are old adversaries.

Hydra009

Yeah, that'd work.  Reed could've been tinkering and accidentally sent the FF to the MCU (Earth-199999).

Accounting for Doctor Doom could be a problem, but I think he could be introduced after the FF make their MCU debut.  IIRC, Doom's origin was from to trying to build a machine to talk with the dead, made some mistake, the machine exploded and damaged his face.  He traveled the world, met Tibetan monks (maybe we could see some familiar faces from the Dr Strange movie), mastered magic, built his suit, and took over Latveria.

The FF could fight Doom when his country makes aggressive moves, possibly opportunistically during/after a major crisis.

Movie #1:  FF come to the universe, team-up with existing heroes to resolve whatever crisis is going on
Movie #2:  FF VS Dr Doom

Gawdzilla Sama

Galactus teams up with Thanos and Dormammu?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Hydra009
Yeah, that'd work.  Reed could've been tinkering and accidentally sent the FF to the MCU (Earth-199999).
I'm thinking jump right into the Galactus/Silver Surfer story, except after Reed finds the Ultimate Nullifier, in Galactus' possession, and uses it to force Galactus to back off, on devouring the earth, the movie would end as Galactus takes revenge, using an infinity stone, to transport the FF into the middle of New York, in our universe, and the first one to investigate their appearance, is Spidey. Leaving it set up for the sequels to integrate them into our earth. This also sets up Reed, to have some prior experience with the infinity stones, when Infinity War begins. In an after-the-credits scene, show Silver Surfer emerge from a wormhole, into our universe...He sets off, in search of Zen-La...(In a subsequent storyline, he tells Reed that Galactus ended-up devouring their Earth, and there is no reason to try to go back.)

Quote from: Hydra009Accounting for Doctor Doom could be a problem, but I think he could be introduced after the FF make their MCU debut.  IIRC, Doom's origin was from to trying to build a machine to talk with the dead, made some mistake, the machine exploded and damaged his face.  He traveled the world, met Tibetan monks (maybe we could see some familiar faces from the Dr Strange movie), mastered magic, built his suit, and took over Latveria.

The FF could fight Doom when his country makes aggressive moves, possibly opportunistically during/after a major crisis.

Movie #1:  FF come to the universe, team-up with existing heroes to resolve whatever crisis is going on
Movie #2:  FF VS Dr Doom
We've seen Doom before, in the Fox crap. Maybe go with the Skrulls, this time...

Or better yet, maybe follow with a Silver Surfer movie...

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 30, 2017, 12:05:44 PM
Galactus teams up with Thanos and Dormammu?
With the Infinity Gauntlet, in his possession, Thanos has no use for Galactus or Dorrammu. They will be kissing his Titan ass.

trdsf

You know, I'm just not seeing anything that makes me regret having quit reading all Marvel titles back around '92 or so.  I'm gonna just sit here and wish I'd kept all the Jack Kirby FFs I bought off the rack when I was a little guy.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: trdsf on March 30, 2017, 03:32:54 PM
You know, I'm just not seeing anything that makes me regret having quit reading all Marvel titles back around '92 or so.  I'm gonna just sit here and wish I'd kept all the Jack Kirby FFs I bought off the rack when I was a little guy.
I quit in "94, and I too wish I still had all my comics now...

Solomon Zorn

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 introduces a new character: Mantis. So I thought I would look up her history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantis_(Marvel_Comics)
QuoteMantis is the half-Vietnamese, half-German daughter of Gustav Brandtâ€"Libraâ€"and was born in Huế, Vietnam. In her childhood, her father leaves her in Vietnam at the Temple of the alien Priests of Pama, a sect of the Kree. The Kree believe she might become the Celestial Madonna and mate with the eldest Cotati on Earth to become the mother of the Celestial Messiah, "the most important being in the universe".

Hydra009

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on March 30, 2017, 03:45:17 PMGuardians of the Galaxy 2 introduces a new character: Mantis. So I thought I would look up her history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantis_(Marvel_Comics)
New in the sense that up until now, she hasn't been in the movies.

She's one of my favorite characters from the 2008 Guardians of the Galaxy comics.  In that series, her primary roles are counselor (Peter Quill's main advisor) and exposition dump.  She's Troi and M in one package.  She hooks the gang up with a lot of their missions and teeps the gang together.  I mean she keeps the gang together.  Damn autocorrect.

She's also a decent frontline combatant with martial arts moves and can give team members advance warning of most threats.  Great melee/support role.

This one is the kindest, most amiable member of the team.  But don't let that fool you.  She can dropkick the best of them.

I'm a bit miffed that her skin isn't green in movie.  I guess they didn't want her to look too much like Gamora.  Or maybe make her green clothes stand out a bit more.  But the gang wears a lot of black and red (which are normally bad-guy colors), so I don't get the rationale behind the change.

Plus, I've seen cosplays of Mantis that look better than the MCU version.  Forshame.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on March 30, 2017, 03:32:54 PM
I quit reading comic books in 1963. Found scifi books and that just killed the comics.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Hydra009
New in the sense that up until now, she hasn't been in the movies.
Been around since 1973.

Quote from: Hydra009She's one of my favorite characters from the 2008 Guardians of the Galaxy comics.  In that series, her primary roles are counselor (Peter Quill's main advisor) and exposition dump.  She's Troi and M in one package.  She hooks the gang up with a lot of their missions and teeps the gang together.  I mean she keeps the gang together.  Damn autocorrect.

She's also a decent frontline combatant with martial arts moves and can give team members advance warning of most threats.  Great melee/support role.

This one is the kindest, most amiable member of the team.  But don't let that fool you.  She can dropkick the best of them.
Looks like an interesting character. I don't honestly recall her though. My comic book experience with the Guardians of the Galaxy, is with Vance Astro, Martinex, Charlie 27, and Yondu, with Starhawk, Aleta and Nikki, added later.

Quote from: Hydra009I'm a bit miffed that her skin isn't green in movie.  I guess they didn't want her to look too much like Gamora.  Or maybe make her green clothes stand out a bit more.  But the gang wears a lot of black and red (which are normally bad-guy colors), so I don't get the rationale behind the change.
Non-green women need more representation, in sci-fi/superhero movies.

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 30, 2017, 04:54:45 PM
I quit reading comic books in 1963. Found scifi books and that just killed the comics.
And like so many old men...you are repeating yourself, Grandfather...