News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I Marvel...

Started by Solomon Zorn, November 20, 2016, 10:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Its worth a shot, but like most wiki websites the information in interpreted by the fans instead of a publisher, so its hit or miss if the information is jumbled or not.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on February 13, 2017, 07:42:14 AM
Its worth a shot, but like most wiki websites the information in interpreted by the fans instead of a publisher, so its hot or miss if the information is jumbled or not.

I'm glad to see tht someone types as badly as I di!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

Hydra009

When you're selling stories, coming up with good stories is pretty important.  :P

Munch

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 15, 2017, 09:35:02 PM
When you're selling stories, coming up with good stories is pretty important.  :P

Modern dc comic writers don't seem to have a problem with it.

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on February 15, 2017, 09:39:40 PM
Modern dc comic writers don't seem to have a problem with it.
Ehh...

The occasional Doom-level terrible comic aside, I concede the point.  I'm just not familiar enough with DC to make the comparison.  I only really follow a few Marvel comics and a couple non-Marvel/non-DC titles.  So it'd be like comparing the NFL to the NBA when all I'm watching is Rudy and the occasional Superbowl.

Munch

*shivers* eeh.. Frank Miller..

He's the living example of those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Cavebear

Marvel is for college graduates, DC for high schoolers.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Solomon Zorn

If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Baruch

Gotta love Fight Club!  Like a Millennial version of Trump ... will the snowflakes be triggered?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

What, not even a hint at iron fists costume? Deadpool and Ant man pulled theirs off.

Hydra009

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on March 02, 2017, 03:15:58 PM
This looks like it could be fun:
I can only accept Iron Fist if Luke Cage is also present.  It's a package deal, like Rocket Raccoon and Groot.  Or Spidey and Deadpool.  Or Iron Man and War M...

Munch

I began to wonder, given the franchise and popularity of x-men, and wolverine for decades now, right now with the release of Logan, this is basically more huge jackmans swansong for the role he's played for 17 years.

However, despite beliefs in the character being replaced with tits wolverine, like tits thor, really, that aren't happening, you don't build on the success of a character for decades only to replace them with an undeveloped stand in. You might build them up some, but a character with rich history doesn't just get tossed aside and fans expected to just love a replacement. Clark Kent is superman, Bruce Wayne is Batman, Diana of Themyscira is Wonder Woman, Steven Rogers will always be The captain america (even when hack writers try to make him a nazi and then double back on it), Bruce banner will always be Hulk (even when they try to inject multiculturalism insert Asian hulk), and so on.

But political bed wetting aside, whats been asked around is who, after some years, would be a pick for someone else to play the role of wolverine now that hugh jackman, whos really been the epitome of the character for almost 20 years, has given up the ghost. Just because he's ended the role doesn't mean someone else can't play the character, just like with superman, batman and the hulk.

And really, the only one right now I see could play him off as well, is Tom Hardy.

I can see it, only thing is, if by the time they decided to ask Hardy to do it, would he be to old to play the part?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 04, 2017, 11:30:29 AM
I can relate to that.  But for me it was Edgar Rice Burroughs.  Then, later, on to Heinlein.  And others.
Burroughs was too formulaic. I could tell what was going to happen next very quickly. (Barsoom novels, didn't bother with the monkey-man books.)
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 04, 2017, 06:50:06 AM
Burroughs was too formulaic. I could tell what was going to happen next very quickly. (Barsoom novels, didn't bother with the monkey-man books.)

I never read the novels.  I used to enjoy Tarzan in the old movies as a kid, but the TV show was silly.  I did't enjoy or didn't watch the newer Tarzan movies.  John Carter of Mars the movie, was pretty formulaic, but since I didn't read the novels, it was fresh.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.