News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Arctic sea ice hits record low

Started by Hydra009, November 19, 2016, 04:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 19, 2017, 02:24:41 AM
Real facts have never been in a large supply here.  I try to cite sources for my own stuff when possible, but I can't help other people's figures.

I'll tend to accept data from trustable sources.  If a group of scientists say Delta=7, generally OK with me. If someone says 3=7, I'm going to question that.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 19, 2017, 02:01:08 AM
Where does the 50% industrial decrease requirement come from?

We need to radically reduce emissions.  Tweaking internal combustion engines won't do it.  I could have gone for a 80% figure, but 50% is always good for WAG ... as long as we are talking about major reduction.  Or are you planning on adding ice making machines to the Arctic perhaps?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 19, 2017, 02:15:24 AM
I expect real facts here, not fake ones designed to incite the stupids...

So you admit to being incited?  Is that also stupid? ;-)

Basically, we need to get back to 1 billion people, living 50% farming, as circa 1900.  Eventually the CO2 will return to what it was back then.  But it is too slow, too late to tweak our ridiculous life styles with virtue signaling (look at me, I drive a Prius).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 19, 2017, 02:24:41 AM
Real facts have never been in a large supply here.  I try to cite sources for my own stuff when possible, but I can't help other people's figures.

The actual reduction required will be factual, after most of us die off.  I am not interested in that accurate figure, too much.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

in probably 100 years where i live will be ocean

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on February 19, 2017, 06:49:56 AM
in probably 100 years where i live will be ocean

Yes, the remains of our coastal cities will make great tropical reefs for sea life.  Humans will finally be good for something.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 19, 2017, 06:44:18 AM
We need to radically reduce emissions.  Tweaking internal combustion engines won't do it.  I could have gone for a 80% figure, but 50% is always good for WAG ... as long as we are talking about major reduction.  Or are you planning on adding ice making machines to the Arctic perhaps?

So the 50% claim was a typical Trumpian invented rectal extraction apparently...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 20, 2017, 12:08:07 AM
So the 50% claim was a typical Trumpian invented rectal extraction apparently...

You are confusing me with the Toupee in Chief.  So you plan on planting some dandelions in your lawn, to reduce the CO2?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

There is a radio show called Coast to Coast AM. The host gets in a melancholy; maybe downright depressed mood, on a regular basis. The question keeps coming up "Is there any hope for humanity? Will we figure out how to solve our problems before we destroy ourselves?". My answer to this question is always the same. We already have people living right now with answers to most of our problems; maybe even all of our problems. The problem is that the people with the answers are not in positions of power or decision making. We have to wait for people in power to figure out what other people already know... and that may be too late.

Example: The solution to the CO2 problem was invented around the time of the creation of the CO2 problem. If the solution had not been invented there couldn't be any company like Coca-Cola or Pepsico. When was the Coca-Cola company started? long time ago. We have many ways to put CO2 into the air. We have a way to take it out of the air. We also have scientists who can tell us how much CO2 has to be in the air to make life what we call normal. ( It took us a lot of years to put all that CO2 in the air, will take a lot of years to take it all out. But if we could take it all out instantly, our weather would be back to what we call normal in 2 years tops) What we dont have is the political will to take the extra CO2 out of the air cause cryogenic refridgerators and electricity to run them costs a lot of money.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Sorginak

We don't need to worry about it, let them worry about it in the future.

This coming from rich people who own millions and billions to leave for their children.

Who needs that kind of money?

fencerider

getting extra CO2 stops the problem from getting worse. Lowering ocean levels and increasing artic ice to what we call normal probably does involve ice machines in the artic...Maybe an icebreaker ship with a freezer on the deck and a snow blower to get the ice onto the shelf.

Not that the wealthy care. They made a playground for rich people in the middle of the desert of Dubai. ðŸ",,as long as the wealthy get theirs everybody else can go to _.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

No, no hope for humanity.  Never has been.  But we keep of F-ing and living anyway.  Enjoy your Dark Ages ... next time pay your electric bill.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Sorginak on February 23, 2017, 02:16:32 AM
We don't need to worry about it, let them worry about it in the future.

Are you not planning to live in the future?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 23, 2017, 07:36:26 AM
Are you not planning to live in the future?

I live in the present.  I am not quite sure the past is real, but I am sure the future is bullshit.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

The future is the only thing of consequence.  The past is dead and the present is the merest fraction of time - the portion of the future that has arrived.  The future is an infinite realm of potentiality unbounded.  And it's on its way to you right now.

The future is coming on, it's coming on...