News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What is the Alt-Right?

Started by Jack89, November 16, 2016, 02:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack89

Straight from the horse's mouth.  For all of you emotionally driven leftists who like to throw around the term "racist", here's where it can be properly applied.  They are racist and they don't deny it.  I think the movement is growing because of the anti-white sentiment expressed by, ironically, equally racist elements of the left, like BLM, and because those elements are openly supported by much of the media and our current government.

"Alt-Right", is a new, more palatable, term for a very old idea.  It's built on a false narrative, just like BLM, to entice those who are susceptible to identity politics. 

How do you stop it?  I don't know, but I think a good start would be to stop making identity politics your primary focus, whatever they may be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ3B6L2fUA8

AllPurposeAtheist

Well I have decided to stop calling anyone from the republican party conservative because it's anything but conservative. Conservative to me is someone who combs their hair hard part to one side and doesn't like to rock the boat one way or the other.  Alt would imply just an alternative to business as usual and for that they definitely are an alternative,  but so would be eating shit for breakfast instead of toast and jelly. 
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Shiranu

QuoteFor all of you emotionally driven leftists...
Quote...the anti-white sentiment expressed by, ironically, equally racist elements of the left, like BLM...
Quote...because those elements are openly supported by much of the media and our current government.

Quote...stop making identity politics your primary focus...

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Jack89 on November 16, 2016, 02:32:07 PMHow do you stop it?  I don't know, but I think a good start would be to stop making identity politics your primary focus, whatever they may be.
Unfortunately, it's unlikely that leftists driven by identity politics will be dissuaded from it by the emergence of unabashed racists.  Quite the opposite.

Jack89

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 16, 2016, 03:03:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp0uq-QafYQ
26:45 - "Functionally, these people are no different than social justice warriors.  In many ways, the Alt-right is the ideological mirror of the Progressive left..."  Exactly my point.  I agree with his conclusions as well.   

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Jack89 on November 16, 2016, 04:35:12 PM
26:45 - "Functionally, these people are no different than social justice warriors.  In many ways, the Alt-right is the ideological mirror of the Progressive left..."  Exactly my point.  I agree with his conclusions as well.   

I see it the same way, although I don't find them morally equivalent. The regressive Left's intention is to make life more equitable for everyone where the Alt-Right's intention appears to be concerned with making life better only for whites.

Hydra009

Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 16, 2016, 04:49:18 PMI see it the same way, although I don't find them morally equivalent. The regressive Left's intention is to make life more equitable for everyone where the Alt-Right's intention appears to be concerned with making life better only for whites.
Yeah.  SJWs generally have good intentions and laudable goals.  How they go about pursuing them is the main bone of contention.  The Alt Right, not so much.  That seems like more of a case of GIGO with extra emphasis on the G.

Jack89

Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 16, 2016, 04:49:18 PM
I see it the same way, although I don't find them morally equivalent. The regressive Left's intention is to make life more equitable for everyone where the Alt-Right's intention appears to be concerned with making life better only for whites.
And yet there is a strong anti-white sentiment among the regressive left nowadays which fuels the fire.  More equitable is an interesting way to say it :)  Don't get me wrong, I considered myself a social liberal until a few years ago.  Voted for Obama, twice, and was on board with the program.  It's when it got a little more radical that I opened my eyes and saw that those yelling racist and sexist were exactly what they were condemning.  Alt-Right = Regressive Left. 
I agree that the intentions of the left mean well, but the actions of the left have been violent and oppressive, more so these last few years.  You know what they say about good intentions... 

Hydra009

Quote from: Jack89 on November 16, 2016, 05:32:44 PMI agree that the intentions of the left mean well, but the actions of the left have been violent and oppressive, more so these last few years.  You know what they say about good intentions...
Yep, the road to hell.  That's been my objection since day 1.

Obviously, I'm not exactly a fan of the SJW approach, but I think you're giving them too much credit with "violent and oppressive."  Their typical misdeeds are borderline bullying behavior on social media, a penchant for deplatforming, and some very disagreeable actions on some college campuses.  Worrying, but relatively minor for now.

My personal fear is that this would be erroneously conflated with liberalism and drive antipathy towards liberalism, which already has an image problem in the US.  And for someone to go from voting for Obama to voting for Trump - two politicians whose commonalities begin and end with name recognition and regularly inhaling oxygen - this is not an entirely unfounded fear.

The Alt Right, inasmuch as it can enforce an agenda, would love to deny entry to immigrants - even those from the most dire circumstances.  They also favor a nationalistic approach which even a cursory reading of history shows to have some very nasty repercussions.  Undertaking such an agenda could easily very seriously hurt the country.  So they're the main threat for now.

Shiranu

My main issue is less that people think "radical SJW" exist when they obviously do and rather more the moment any "left" movement or social says anything they disagree with, it is now radical and evil and discredited and anyone who agrees with them must be out to destroy the white heterosexual male.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

And I think that the thought of these people, the RADICAL SJW, hold any actual positions of power when minorities, lgbt and women are being fucked over left and right by the people in power is a bit goofy.

The SJW threat is like getting struck by lightning while the bigots in government fuck us everyday. And yes, that will push people to being "unreasonably" pissed off ( sorry, the buzzword emotional). That's just human nature and isn't going to change any time soon.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 16, 2016, 03:01:19 PM
Unfortunately, it's unlikely that leftists driven by identity politics will be dissuaded from it by the emergence of unabashed racists.  Quite the opposite.

Ah yes, the days of street riots between Communists and Nazis in the cities of Germany.  Who won that one?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.