News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Bought a welder today

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, November 03, 2016, 09:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Brand New Zeny 130 normally sells on Amazon for $95-130..
I got it on ebay for $40 with free shipping..
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/201701650613 if you're interested in one.
It's far from a Hobart or Miller, but for $40 it's tough to go wrong..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

antediluvian

Hey, APA.  Good to see you're still here.  So, what are ya gonna weld?
I always wondered why having balls was equated with "strength".  Balls are sensitive and delicate, actually.   Better to grow a vagina.  Those things can take a pounding - and pop out a live human being the size of a watermelon.

SGOS

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 03, 2016, 09:00:07 PM
Brand New Zeny 130 normally sells on Amazon for $95-130..
I got it on ebay for $40 with free shipping..
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/201701650613 if you're interested in one.
It's far from a Hobart or Miller, but for $40 it's tough to go wrong..

From my brief exposure to welding in my Freshman high school shop class, I am convinced I could never weld worth a shit.  No teacher ever stunted my desire to learn, either.  I just looked at my own work in utter disgust.  I doubt that I could ever be a surgeon for pretty much the same reasons.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: antediluvian on November 04, 2016, 11:07:09 PM
Hey, APA.  Good to see you're still here.  So, what are ya gonna weld?
My first project planned is a yard trailer to go behind the lawn tractor. After that who knows? I have plenty of different projects to keep me busy. I've got experience welding, both gas (oxy/acetaline) and wire feed mostly in the auto body business. I would have preferred a gas shielded (argon gas) welder, but they cost more.
I don't have those wild, crazy welding skills, but I can stick metal together pretty good. Another project I'll probably work on is a jack pully for my lathe to give me a high range and low range, but that's a bit down the road..

Cavebear

So, is the welder guy just visiting or will he live with you?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Cavebear on November 06, 2016, 01:42:36 AM
So, is the welder guy just visiting or will he live with you?
He'll be living here eating my food, sleeping in my bed with my gf while I weld things..

Cavebear

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 06, 2016, 02:32:57 AM
He'll be living here eating my food, sleeping in my bed with my gf while I weld things..

Pity, you should use his skills.  Better he weld metals than yer GF ;)  Never trust those firey guys...

AllPurposeAtheist

So it turns out that the ebay deal was a scammer who hijacked the sellers account, got my money and ran.. I get my money back from ebay and no welder, but I did go to harbor freight and bought one on sale.. it works.  I'll probably head to a scrapyard this week or next for the steel I need..

Cavebear

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 06, 2016, 05:30:57 PM
So it turns out that the ebay deal was a scammer who hijacked the sellers account, got my money and ran.. I get my money back from ebay and no welder, but I did go to harbor freight and bought one on sale.. it works.  I'll probably head to a scrapyard this week or next for the steel I need..

Sad.  I go to Ebay only to by old stuff I miss.  Not any cheaters there so far.

telly

I bought a Hobart 140 model recently. I am pretty much new to welding and I have just begun doing a mig training course in weldtech training ( http://www.weldtechtraining.com/ ). What kind of welding are you most interested in? I prefer mig over tig.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 06, 2016, 02:32:57 AM
I think I know your GF:

[spoiler][/spoiler]
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers