News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Donald Trump Is Not a Threat to LGBT Rights

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, November 11, 2016, 06:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 13, 2016, 07:49:16 PMPS-  I just saw this online today. I can't guarantee it's veracity.
That's encouraging, but he said the opposite to his Republican crowd.  So he's deceiving one group and being honest with another.  But which one?

Also, what else is he dishonest about?  What's genuine about this guy and what's just an act?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 13, 2016, 07:49:16 PM
PS-  I just saw this online today. I can't guarantee it's veracity.

One of the worst thing Trump is scared right now is that his name being pronounced with violence rising with him winning the election against LGBTQ people.

He'll probably make similar comments about migrants and other minorities. This one is the easiest because as he says it is something already decided. He needs to calm down the country and gurantee safety. call for unity...etc. He is a politician and he seems to start with the usual 101 politics. We didn't expect him to throw threats and obscene remarks around after winning anyway.

This is a very normal, generic -as much as the politics in general go- beginning at his side.

He is the president of United States of America now, he cannot afford to be a jackass.

E: There is no one benefit in acting against the marriage issue right now. On the countrary, much benefit in supporting it.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 13, 2016, 08:48:34 PM
That's encouraging, but he said the opposite to his Republican crowd.  So he's deceiving one group and being honest with another.  But which one?

Also, what else is he dishonest about?  What's genuine about this guy and what's just an act?

Then don't elect politicians ... or marketeers (his primary business is his branding).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Atheon

Der Pussengräber lies about everything. There's no telling what he's going to do. And I'm sure he's listening to the cretins around him, too.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Hydra009

Quote from: Baruch on November 14, 2016, 06:36:25 AMThen don't elect politicians ... or marketeers (his primary business is his branding).
Most politicians' lies are easy to spot.  For example, Hillary will visit a community college and shower the hosts with excessive flattery, maintain the exceptional greatness of America, and recount how an anonymous American voter came up to her and expressed alarm about the divisive character of her opponent.

Trump, on the other hand, is the kind of guy who would lie about what he's making for dinner.  There's just no telling what we're in for when he takes office.

Baruch

Whatever ... it is going to be YUUGE!  Not a good thing if it is a hemorrhoid ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm fine with lgbt rights as long as we can stop taking extreme positions or positions that are perceived extreme by the general public such as the bathroom issues for trans people.  Look, I could really care less who is in the next stall, but when the opposition party tries to make this a big issue it's a sure fire loser on election days. No party can make every single person happy, but these types of issues turn voters off right into the lap of the other side.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: SGOS on November 11, 2016, 06:31:00 PM
Trump doesn't seem like LGBT is a big issue for him.  He will be lobbied by the GOP to oppose it.  I've no idea what he will do.
It doesn't have to be an issue for him. He has enough people he picked as part of his cabinet (and also Pence) that have enough issue with it.

Hydra009

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 14, 2016, 02:07:28 PMI'm fine with lgbt rights as long as we can stop taking extreme positions or positions that are perceived extreme by the general public
Everything left of W Bush appears extreme to some of these jackoffs.  Whenever conservative media luminaries like Alex Jones and Pat Robertson start banging the war drums on something (like trans bathrooms), their thralls are going to toe the line.  It's unfortunate, but there's nothing we can do about it.

Instead of the going right when the going gets tough (a strategy that has arguably been hurting the Dems), we should focus on mobilizing the base.  Despite the results, voters are becoming more liberal on social issues.  The problem is getting these people to be more politically active.  We do that by fielding candidates that liberals are enthusiastic about, advancing issues that liberals consider important, etc.  If and when Americans get fed up with the alt-right circus and start hitting the ballot box with a vengeance, it's game over for the Republicans.

widdershins

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 13, 2016, 08:48:34 PM

To answer that you need to ask yourself one question; What day is it?
This sentence is a lie...

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on November 13, 2016, 08:25:34 PM
Just got done watching that interview. It was old-school, left-leaning Trump speaking and very encouraging. Dare I say it... he was actually likeable in it. If only we could figure out a way to get him stuck in that mindset.

The problem is that Trump seems to only pay attention to the last person who talked to him.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!