News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Donald Trump Is Not a Threat to LGBT Rights

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, November 11, 2016, 06:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Shiranu

It takes two words to refute that concept; Mike Pence.

Edit: Wow, her argument is that fighting ISIS means he isn't a threat to gay rights. Brilliant.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Shiranu on November 11, 2016, 06:04:53 PM
It takes two words to refute that concept; Mike Pence.
Which is why it is doubly important to stop this "impeach/assassinate Trump" nonsense. :P
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Shiranu

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on November 11, 2016, 06:05:54 PM
Which is why it is doubly important to stop this "impeach/assassinate Trump" nonsense. :P

I have no desire to see Trump impeached because I think that is exactly what the Republicans want (and he hasn't done anything to warrant impeachment, just absolute disdain for him as a person). They were the one's who pushed for a Pence VP since he is an established party-line candidate who is too radical to get elected. If Trump goes the Republicans get the Prez... VP... House and Senate.

It is one of many reasons I want to see Trump do well... because the moment he fucks up and the calls to impeach him go out... do you think the Democrats are going to turn that down? How easy will it be for the Republicans (who already hold a majority) to get bipartisan support?

Strategically the Republicans didn't just win when Trump was elected... they absolutely murdered the Democrats at every level of the government. That is what should really scare Americans. The Legislative, the Administrative and the Judaical branch all now belong to people who think very similarly and share the same basic ideology... as well as many state level governments. Trump is... in the current situation... the best option we have until we can replace him with someone further to the left.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

Trump doesn't seem like LGBT is a big issue for him.  He will be lobbied by the GOP to oppose it.  I've no idea what he will do.

Jack89

Quote from: SGOS on November 11, 2016, 06:31:00 PM
Trump doesn't seem like LGBT is a big issue for him.  He will be lobbied by the GOP to oppose it.  I've no idea what he will do.
I don't know, I think there's bigger fish to fry before it's brought up again.  And aside from the evangelicals and Muslims, It's really not that big of a deal to most Americans anymore.   

Shiranu

Quote from: Jack89 on November 11, 2016, 06:52:05 PM
I don't know, I think there's bigger fish to fry before it's brought up again.  And aside from the evangelicals and Muslims, It's really not that big of a deal to most Americans anymore.   

Most Americans, maybe not... but to the "Americans who matter", the Americans who make policy? Yeah, it's still a big deal.

If I learned anything from this election, is to never believe that most Americans are "good people" who will do good things.

trdsf

Trump is not only a threat to LGBT rights, he's a threat to the First Amendment, and for that matter an existential threat to the nation.

And, I am pleased to say and despite the Electoral College, he is not the choice of either the majority or the plurality of Americans.

It's time to abolish the Electoral College.  That's twice in 16 years the will of the majority has been thwarted.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

aitm

Quote from: Shiranu on November 11, 2016, 07:02:15 PM

If I learned anything from this election, is to never believe that most Americans are "good people" who will do good things.

The dis-illusion of the vast middle class has come squarely to play on many years of supporting the Democrats with nothing to show for it. But rest assured this is not squarely a Democratic problem, many republicans voted for trump not because he was a pub candidate but because he was openly an outsider. I think if the pubs had presented any of the other candidates they would have gone for clinton. Our populace is starting to get real pissed off about bankers, CEO's and politicians making hundreds of millions of dollars every year, social media has done some good...the ball is starting bounce, it may get ugly...but it is indeed bouncing.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

baronvonrort

The lefties make it sound like Trump is going to start killing gays, take away womens rights and bring slavery back, since when did Trump become a muslim?

Jack89

Quote from: aitm on November 11, 2016, 10:06:56 PM
The dis-illusion of the vast middle class has come squarely to play on many years of supporting the Democrats with nothing to show for it. But rest assured this is not squarely a Democratic problem, many republicans voted for trump not because he was a pub candidate but because he was openly an outsider. I think if the pubs had presented any of the other candidates they would have gone for clinton. Our populace is starting to get real pissed off about bankers, CEO's and politicians making hundreds of millions of dollars every year, social media has done some good...the ball is starting bounce, it may get ugly...but it is indeed bouncing.
Don't underestimate the damage PC culture has done either.

Atheon

Quote from: baronvonrort on November 11, 2016, 11:11:15 PM
The lefties make it sound like Trump is going to start killing gays, take away womens rights and bring slavery back, since when did Trump become a muslim?
He's worse. He's a Christian. He's in league with the Religious Right, whose goals are the destruction of women's rights, the persecution of gays, and the imposition of theocracy with the Bible replacing the Constitution. No Muslim poses more of a threat to the US than the Religious Right.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Shiranu

Quote from: Atheon on November 12, 2016, 12:02:51 AM
He's worse. He's a Christian. He's in league with the Religious Right, whose goals are the destruction of women's rights, the persecution of gays, and the imposition of theocracy with the Bible replacing the Constitution. No Muslim poses more of a threat to the US than the Religious Right.

Triggered response in 3, 2, ...

GSOgymrat

"I will protect our LGBT citizens from hateful foreign ideology" doesn't address the actual concern, which is hateful domestic ideology. I suspect that Trump doesn't care about LGBT people one way or another, however if as a group they somehow pissed him off I can see him retaliating. I also suspect anti-LGBT legislation might be worked into a deal to secure legislation more to Trump's interests, such as tax breaks or trade deals. I acknowledge this is wild speculation.

Leaving same-sex marriage to the states is a plan that sound reasonable in theory but problematic in application. If I'm married in California am I not married if I move to North Carolina? How about if we visit NC and one of us has to go to a hospital? Will corporations invest in states where no LGBT person wants to live?

Trump transition team raises alarms as anti-LGBT agenda emerges

http://www.washingtonblade.com/2016/11/10/anti-lgbt-trump-transition-team/

A prominent anti-LGBT organization is readying its agenda to undo LGBT rights as President-elect Donald Trump’s transition team begins to take shape and includes some notoriously hostile figures.

The National Organization for Marriage in a blog post Wednesday unveiled a four-point plan aimed at undoing LGBT rights advanced under the Obama administration, including marriage equality and writing discrimination into the law in the form of the First Amendment Defense Act.

"Here is our plan:

We will work with President Trump to nominate conservative justices to the U.S. Supreme Court, individuals who will adhere to the words and meaning of the constitution. Such justices will inevitably reverse the anti-constitutional ruling of the Supreme Court imposing same-sex ‘marriage’ on the nation in the Obergefell decision, because that decision lacked any basis in the constitution.

We will work with President Trump to rescind the illegal, over-reaching executive orders and directives issued by President Obama, including his dangerous “gender identity” directives, attempting to redefine gender just as he sought to redefine marriage.

We will work with President Trump to reverse policies of the Obama administration that seek to coerce other countries into accepting same-sex ‘marriage’ as a condition of receiving US assistance and aid. It is fundamentally wrong for a president to become a lobbyist for the LGBT agenda, and we are confident that will end in the Trump administration.

We will work with President Trump and Congress to pass the First Amendment Defense Act (FADA), which Mr. Trump supports. FADA is critical legislation to protect people who believe in marriage from being targeted by the government for persecution."

It’s unknown whether Trump would follow through with any of these actions. Although Trump had a reputation for being a relatively pro-LGBT candidate among other Republicans, he said he opposes marriage equality, would rescind the Obama administration actions he thinks are unconstitutional and would sign the First Amendment Defense Act into law. ...