How do you feel about the new president of USA?

Started by Rob4you, November 11, 2016, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on February 11, 2017, 07:06:15 AM
OK, for clarity, I have to know if "he" is me.  If so, we can discuss that.  If not,specify "he".
I was referring to the same person you were referring to.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 11, 2017, 06:36:08 AM
Illogic knows no bounds...

You worked for the government.  You believe that party X is telling the truth?  You don't think the government has secret V weapons?  Here is the 4th Reich ... that is pretty vunderbar!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 11, 2017, 09:00:17 AM
You worked for the government.  You believe that party X is telling the truth?  You don't think the government has secret V weapons?  Here is the 4th Reich ... that is pretty vunderbar!

My experience in "government" showed me that the regular workers were both dedicated to the concept and politically neutral.  Its the Appointed Ones that are all crazy about agendas.

I don't think that any political party tells the truth.  But there is a really big difference between "crazy" and "involved".  Suppose one person you met said they saw a bear and another said they saw a unicorn. Which might you give some credence to?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

fencerider

Quote from: Cavebear on February 11, 2017, 09:07:03 AM
Suppose one person you met said they saw a bear and another said they saw a unicorn. Which might you give some credence to?
Which one appears to be more drunk? But then again, if you're working for Trump, you might be telling the truth but feel the need to fet drunk to forget about your boss.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on February 11, 2017, 02:27:22 PM
Which one appears to be more drunk? But then again, if you're working for Trump, you might be telling the truth but feel the need to fet drunk to forget about your boss.

If you see a bear, you might or might not be sober.  There ARE bears, after all.  If you see a unicorn, you most assuredly are not.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Baruch on February 09, 2017, 01:04:53 PM
I think the President using Twitter is brilliant.  I would prefer a bar room brawler to a gentleman any day.

He's bypassing the media and talking directly to the people.  That rather annoys the media.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Unbeliever

Well, I expect calling the media "the enemy of the American people" would annoy the media, too.

That's just downright scary!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

chill98

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on February 24, 2017, 07:31:33 AM
He's bypassing the media and talking directly to the people.  That rather annoys the media.
And he has no filters, so the public is getting the bullshit direct from the ... source.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Sorginak

What I think of Trump is that he is a spoiled child who will destroy the country in getting what he wants rather than making it a better place for everyone.

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 24, 2017, 05:55:14 PM
And he has no filters, so the public is getting the bullshit direct from the ... source.
Plus, con-men do better one-on-one.

chill98

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 24, 2017, 04:01:40 PM
Well, I expect calling the media "the enemy of the American people" would annoy the media, too.

Like "what happened in Sweden last night"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPtNON6sHXw

Sorginak

Regarding Trump referring to "fake news" just makes me think of him as America's Hitler.

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on February 24, 2017, 06:32:27 PM
Regarding Trump referring to "fake news" just makes me think of him as America's Hitler.

Just what Comrade Stalin said ... just can't make a non-aggression pact with those Americans!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 24, 2017, 04:01:40 PM

Hope he pulls the corporate charter of CNN etc, and cancels their very existence.  Execution of corporate "persons" by firing squad (of pens, pencils whatever it takes to cancel their corporate charter).  Of course we should liquidate Fox News too.  Kill one D MSM for each R MSM we kill.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.