How do you feel about the new president of USA?

Started by Rob4you, November 11, 2016, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Just for the record, I want Trump to be a decent President and pursue a relatively moderate platform compared to the platform he staked out during the primaries and general election.

I don't want him to fail.  And I certainly don't want America to suffer as a result of bad policy.

I hope Trump does well.  I really do.  In fact, I hope he does such a great job that he earns my re-election vote.  And I support non-Republicans like Bernie Sanders working together with him towards common goals.

That said, Trump's statements and appointments don't exactly inspire confidence.  If and when this White House stint goes horribly, horribly wrong, just remember my position and remember the position the Republicans took 6 years ago.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 20, 2017, 08:49:02 PM
Just for the record, I want Trump to be a decent President and pursue a relatively moderate platform compared to the platform he staked out during the primaries and general election.

I don't want him to fail.  And I certainly don't want America to suffer as a result of bad policy.

I hope Trump does well.  I really do.  In fact, I hope he does such a great job that he earns my re-election vote.  And I support non-Republicans like Bernie Sanders working together with him towards common goals.

That said, Trump's statements and appointments don't exactly inspire confidence.  If and when this White House stint goes horribly, horribly wrong, just remember my position and remember the position the Republicans took 6 years ago.
Trump will be a great president.  If you are a CEO of a corp he likes.  And that has helped him.  He will run this country as he has run his businesses.  He has one goal in mind--make money.  All those that help him, are rewarded.  Those who don't are not rewarded--and if he really thinks you are against him, the he goes for revenge 10 times over.  I don't think he has a particularly repub or conservative social bent, but he just really doesn't care.  Pence helped him, swallowed what Pence has purported as his morals and Trump will now support him and his agenda as a reward.  If you help him he will reward you; if you stand in his way, he will do his best to destroy you.  If he bankrupts the country, it will not affect him in the least--just like his company bankruptcies did not personally hurt him either.  He will spend money on the military because it is a reward to those corps that helped him--big oil and all those that make money in the time of war or build up to war. 

After four years I hope I am so fucking wrong that you label me as crazy.  I really, really hope so.  But I have this horrid feeling that the next four years will be very, very difficult.  And the left over damage will make Bush look like Abe Lincoln.     
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Atheon

Trump's coronation crowd pales in comparison to Obama's inauguration crowd in 2009. But Trump and his propagandists are trying and failing to lie about it, claiming it was the yugest ever.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38707722

Meanwhile, there have been massive anti-Trump protests across the US and even around the world. The protests in DC even dwarfed Trump's coronation crowd.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38705586

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Too bad neither Bernie nor Hillary could draw crowds that big, before the election.  Not saying Trump did all that well either.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 22, 2017, 10:11:45 AM
I said it for years.

What?  That the CIA are Eagle Scouts?  Surely the opposite.  Jason Bourne, all of them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on January 22, 2017, 12:38:29 PM
What?  That the CIA are Eagle Scouts?  Surely the opposite.  Jason Bourne, all of them.
You just don't listen or deliberately wander into the Elysian Fields?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 22, 2017, 09:12:45 PM
You just don't listen or deliberately wander into the Elysian Fields?

Some people make Shaolin responses, and when I don't get it, they think I am not ready to leave the monastery.  Sorry Master, I am still unable to snatch that pebble out of your hand ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Atheon

The new "administration" (cough) has been engaging in an out-and-out campaign of lies. "Alternative facts" they call it now.

Despite all evidence to the contrary, they proudly claim that the turnout at the coronation was the yugest in history, and the protest marches over the weekend were rallies of support for Trump.

Even the Wall Street Urinal has called them out about it.

Fascism has come to America.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

The media, some of them, have pointed out that large protest crowds are normal with a new President in office, including 2009.  So the king is dead, long live the king.

Unless people do something productive, after they get home from their protest ... like do the hard work of forming a third party, or reforming the two old ones ... they we are just watching exhibitionism ... as voyeurs.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Atheon

What do I think of DT?

Pure, unadulterated evil. Corrupt, deceitful, loathsome. The Devil incarnate.

I would piss on his head, but I think he'd like it.

Atheon

Quote from: Baruch on January 23, 2017, 07:11:59 AM
The media, some of them, have pointed out that large protest crowds are normal with a new President in office, including 2009.  So the king is dead, long live the king.
These are the most massive protests in US history. People were pissed off when Bush stole the 2000 election, and the right-wingers were all having the vapors when a black man became president, but there was nothing like this. This is unpresidented (sic).

Hydra009

I'm not saying America is done for, but if it was a router, it'd be sending out syslog severity 1 messages right now.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on January 23, 2017, 12:10:25 AM
Some people make Shaolin responses, and when I don't get it, they think I am not ready to leave the monastery.  Sorry Master, I am still unable to snatch that pebble out of your hand ;-(
"Keep your hands away from my snatch"? Got it.
PZ Myers