How do you feel about the new president of USA?

Started by Rob4you, November 11, 2016, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Go to the White House, propose to one of Obama's daughters ... then you can be in his family.  Maybe then you can see his college transcript.

If you are young enough, I hope Chelsea has kids, and you get to marry one.  Welcome to the new plutocracy.

Of course millionaires lie ... everyone does.  Ah yes, Fox News (I hate them too, but I don't think they have super powers).

Pr126 ... I like Rep Keith Ellison as DNC chair ... but I don't think anyone can save the POS that the Democrat Party is.  Trump can't save the POC that the Republican Party is either, but he might be effective in demolishing it further.  Rep Nancy Pelosi is more of the same scoop of failure they have been doing for years now ... so steady as she goes ;-)  Washington DC now rewards failure ... so expect to see more of that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

A prelude of things to come:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYCAYUkbols

The committee is chaired by Lamar Smith, who publicly denies climate change and sponsored SOPA.  These are the sorts of people who will shortly be in charge of policy.

Baruch

If government programs and policies are ineffective anyway ... nothing to worry about?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Baruch on December 03, 2016, 08:47:05 PMIf government programs and policies are ineffective anyway ... nothing to worry about?
Those are quite a lot of things of widely varying effectiveness.  So yeah, we still have an awful lot left to lose.

It'd take a very special (and horribly misled) person to seriously believe that things are so bad in the US that it doesn't matter who's calling the shots.

If you really feel that way (and I sincerely doubt you actually do), I suggest a field trip to Somalia or Sudan to do a little compare and contrast.

Baruch

Posed a question, didn't make a statement.  I don't need chauvinism to get supper.  I simply take advantage of my environment, like any other animal.  In that sense, any country with people in it, has the same basic problems.  Would I prefer 50 years ago?  Maybe yes, maybe no.

I can worry about something I can't change, or not.  I choose not to.  That isn't to say I don't enjoy wild speculation as to what color underwear Trump wears (I suspect he wears a green-dollar-note print).  Watching politics for me, is a guilty pleasure like watching a car crash.

Does it matter who is calling the shots?  Sure ... but I ain't a big shot.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Baruch on December 03, 2016, 10:53:59 PMPosed a question, didn't make a statement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elRxbGJuCw8

I sometimes forget that you aren't supposed to be taken seriously.  Sorry.

Baruch

I don't post for my health, just for my sanity.  If you don't find my contributions ... interesting, someone else might.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

QuoteIt'd take a very special (and horribly misled) person to seriously believe that things are so bad in the US that it doesn't matter who's calling the shots.
Apparently it doesn't matter at all. As long as he / she is from the Democratic party. 

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 03, 2016, 02:52:11 PM
There is no propaganda against Trump. Trump says stupid things, media talks about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa0Og9TILiM

That video sums up the entirety of the election coverage.

As for the question in the OP, I think Trump and Pence is Bush and Cheney all over again. You're in for a very rough eight years.

Baruch

Maybe .. if the insurgency of the Tea Party is just a good-cop/bad-cop tool of the Elite/Bushites ... then we will have a Bush/Cheney WH, minus Bush or Cheney, but pretty much the same policies.  Not that I am fond of the Tea Party platform.  Reactionary stuff has been bad since FDR gave the Republicans a bad case of the Nazis.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

chill98

More like a Reagan / Bush I WH (imho). 

Cheney ruled over the baby Bush.  I don't think Pence has that kind of influence over Trump.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Al Gore to hold climate talks with Trump.

A real meeting of the minds.  Well, one mind.  Here's to hoping that sanity prevails, but don't hold your breath.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 05, 2016, 04:05:53 PM
Al Gore to hold climate talks with Trump.

A real meeting of the minds.  Well, one mind.  Here's to hoping that sanity prevails, but don't hold your breath.

Gore and Trump can chew the fat ... Gore's fat or Trump's fat?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 02, 2016, 04:21:49 PM
He means that winning an election requires a good marketing, something similar to workings of a 'fiction' as in creating a general image, like the mechanism of actors fitting into a story with the usual material at hand. (It doesn't change much, actually it hasn't changed much in thousands of years in the big picture.)

Like a story that appeals people with its protagonist that can cause them imagine themselves in it; as a part of what is offered. It's about creating an illusion of something actually to be done, it is not a lie either, but the difference against another enough to conivnce the majority.

Baruch says Dems cannot do this right now.

LOL!  I'm pretty sure that isn't what he meant by "fiction".  He meant imaginary crazy thoughts and I don't agree.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!