How do you feel about the new president of USA?

Started by Rob4you, November 11, 2016, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 02, 2016, 04:21:49 PM
"winning an election requires a good marketing"

Well, it apparently also requires purging voters from the rolls, requiring voters to provide ID, making few voting places available, and whatever else it takes to win, which is all any of them care about - winning at any (repeat ANY) cost.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 02, 2016, 04:00:02 PM
What, you believed Chump when he said “The election is absolutely being rigged by the dishonest and distorted media pushing Crooked Hillary,”

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you mention "their current fictions."

Care to elucidate?

It was proven by the Pedestal emails, her campaign manager, that the media was completely complicit in her campaign.

Neoliberalism ... or the Deplorables don't matter, even if we don't prevent them from voting

"Neoliberalism is a policy model of social studies and economics that transfers control of economic factors to the private sector from the public sector. ... Neoliberal policies aim for a laissez-faire approach to economic development." ... aka Hoover, in short, the opposite of FDR.

And the wonderful "it's time for a woman President, no matter which woman she we choose for you".

Drunkenshoe is completely correct ... to elect someone, you have to create a new narrative, that appeals to people.  Without a new narrative, it isn't possible to elect a new politician ... since Obama can't run again.  This is why Hillary had no strong vote from African-Americans.  She would have had to show that she was even Blacker than Obama, which actually wouldn't have been to hard, since Obama is such an Oreo anyway.  Even Bill Clinton has been called the first Black President, and he is White.  Obama is so elite and cold, he is simply a dark Republican.  The Dems can't create a narrative at present, and if they do, it doesn't appeal to people (just to bankers and war mongers).  A coalition party like the Dems, always has a problem building a unified narrative.  That is why a narrower party (and hence problem getting enough votes in the general election) can have greater ideological discipline aka the Republicans.  But the Republicans let their narrative get hijacked by a grifter.  The Democrats prevented that, by shafting Bernie.

The ultimate politics is like the early history of the Nazi party.  Originally Hitler wasn't even a Nazi.  He was sent there as a agent provocateur, by Ernst Rohm, his old boss from the Wehrmacht days ... Rohm was running an early version of Blackwater aka Academi aka Xi.  Hitler was too successful in his mission ... he was able to seize control of the Nazi party (including changing its name to Nazi) and thru purging the existing membership and bringing in fanatical loyalists ... was able to totally change and energize the ideology and mission of the Party.  Eventually he is a bigger deal than Ernst Rohm, and Ernst Rohm dies, along with the Brownshirts ... in the Night of the Long Knives purge where the SS were in the ascendent.  Erik Prince is a real Ernst Rohm .. he founded Blackwater.  It isn't yet clear who would be the Hitler equivalent.  Somebody charismatic.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

With or without Twitter?  He is likely to get banned like some other irritating folks ... then we will never know what little he has on his mind ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Aletheia

All joking and bickering aside, there is cause for concern when a democratic society votes for a leader who fans the fires of their fear and bigotry. The Germans learned the hard way that this is the Achilles heel of a Democratic Republic. For me, this is like waiting at the precipice, uncertain if this will be an inconvenient embarrassment for America, or the start of another horrific atrocity that leads to the death of millions and thwarts the advancement of science for decades, or even centuries.

That uneasy laugh we all have, indicates that uncertainty we all feel right now. This wasn't supposed to happen. Americans were never supposed to be this gullible, apathetic, or stupid. Sure, we joked about it, but we honestly didn't believe it. And yet, the voice of the people have spoken, and it's full of hate, ignorance, and fear. We dare call ourselves the home of the brave? What brave? We sent the brave off to die, silenced them to protect religious freedoms, trampled them in our competitive rush for the all mighty dollar, and planted garbage in the minds of their children with under-funded education programs and vapid Saturday morning cartoons that taught them being cool or winning at all costs was more important than solving problems, facing adversity, and working together as a team.

I don't want to see people die because we were all complacent, but my generation will not be the first, and I fear, it won't be the last to see this lesson in history repeat itself.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

pato15

I think future historians will start with the Trump presidency when they discuss the decline and fall of the US empire.
To be is to do - Socrates
To do is to be - Sartre
Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra

pr126

Quote from: pato15 on December 03, 2016, 12:57:34 AM
I think future historians will start with the Trump presidency when they discuss the decline and fall of the US empire.
No, the decline and fall started decades ago.
Now it is just clinging to the wreckage.

Baruch

Quote from: pato15 on December 03, 2016, 12:57:34 AM

President Woodrow Wilson ...

"This [Federal Reserve Act] establishes the most gigantic trust on earth. When the President
   [Wilson} signs this bill, the invisible government of the monetary power will be legalized....
   the worst legislative crime of the ages is perpetrated by this banking and currency bill."
   -- Charles A. Lindbergh, Sr. , 1913

This was a quote from the father of Charles Lindbergh, the aviator.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

chill98

I still do not know if Trump will be good or bad for me/mine in the long run. 

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/12/01/trump_there_is_no_global_flag_no_global_currency_no_global_citizenship_we_are_united_as_americans.html

But I am a working class citizen. 

Hate him all you want; I did.  But I have a friend who is a huge Trump supporter, who I spent time discussing the differences.   I looked at her links to his positions, I went on youtube and found old interviews where he is talking about the 'big picture' and I find his positions have not changed significantly. 

So how can you listen to the above clip and not figure out why Trump was elected?

Will he come through with his promises?  I don't know.  He has two years before congress comes up for election again and he has staked the most important thing in the world to him on his success, that being the Trump name.

Baruch

Is Trump a flash in the pan like Occupy, or a movement?  If he can get Congress to cooperate over the next two years, and continue to eviscerate the RNC in the next Congressional elections (with Tea Party candidates) ... then he is a movement.

If he were another Ronald Reagan, then he would do OK for the economy, not great, but better than Obama (yes, blame Congress if you want).  But economists say ... he doesn't have the "leg room" to do what Ronnie did, because we are in much more debt (so we can't stimulate fiscally) and the interest rates are low (so we can't stimulate by lowering them further).  Ronnie and those who came after him, got us to the current dance .. it isn't 1980 all over again.

If you believe in Manifest Destiny of the EU, or China or Russia ... then the best he can do is slow the fall of the US into poverty and powerlessness.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

My take on Trump.
He is not a politician. That is I think a plus. Politicians are by nature devious, liers, self serving bastards who are going into office to get rich quick. Pover hungry control freaks.

Trump is a billioneer, and one has to be good in business to get as high as he has done. Maybe he can figure out the economy better than the other candidate would have.

There is a lot of propaganda from the media agains Trump, and it will continue to be.

He likes America, unlike the present incumbent who has made some (lots) of bad decisions, good riddens.
There will be a lot of work to straighten up America, and Trump needs all the help to make it happen.

While I expect that the left will throw the spanners in the works just in spite.
They don't want him to  succeed, the don't want America to succeed.

We'll see what happens.

chill98

Quote from: Baruch on December 03, 2016, 11:36:19 AM
Is Trump a flash in the pan like Occupy, or a movement?  If he can get Congress to cooperate over the next two years, and continue to eviscerate the RNC in the next Congressional elections (with Tea Party candidates) ... then he is a movement.

If he were another Ronald Reagan, then he would do OK for the economy, not great, but better than Obama (yes, blame Congress if you want).  But economists say ... he doesn't have the "leg room" to do what Ronnie did, because we are in much more debt (so we can't stimulate fiscally) and the interest rates are low (so we can't stimulate by lowering them further).  Ronnie and those who came after him, got us to the current dance .. it isn't 1980 all over again.

If you believe in Manifest Destiny of the EU, or China or Russia ... then the best he can do is slow the fall of the US into poverty and powerlessness.
sorry but raygun was the gatekeeper of the current problem.  He's not my hero, but I do now understand he was suffering from dementia during his time in office. 

Trump is likely a flash in the pan, but I do expect him to use twitter/etc to shame reluctant republicans into supporting the ideas that may go against their personal enrichment schemes.  Paybacks are a bitch and I doubt he will forget the push against him by the GOP during the election.  I think he will be willing to twitter his support of an opposing candidate who runs on a palatable platform should that run be against a republican that thwarts 'the Donalds' plan for the future.  One thing about trump, I don't think he cares what party you are, as long as you agree with him :)

China has been awful quiet about Trump. 

Baruch

Ronnie had lots of problems, but the DNC wouldn't put forward a good candidate to run against him (incumbent the first time, then the former incumbent's VP the second time).  These are the same folks who ran HHH and McGovern.  Carter was a good choice, too bad he wasn't up to the job.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: pr126 on December 03, 2016, 12:10:46 PM
My take on Trump.
He is not a politician. That is I think a plus. Politicians are by nature devious, liers, self serving bastards who are going into office to get rich quick. Pover hungry control freaks.

Trump is a billioneer, and one has to be good in business to get as high as he has done. Maybe he can figure out the economy better than the other candidate would have.

Right. Billionaires aren't devious, lying, self-serving bastards who just want to make a lot of money as fast as possible. They aren't control freaks.

Quote from: pr126 on December 03, 2016, 12:10:46 PMThere is a lot of propaganda from the media agains Trump, and it will continue to be.

There is no propaganda against Trump. Trump says stupid things, media talks about it.

The only media outlet that is selling propaganda is Fox News, which tries to convince everyone that he's the messiah, and that he's totally not a racist, womanizing, lying, dumbass.

Quote from: pr126 on December 03, 2016, 12:10:46 PMHe likes America, unlike the present incumbent who has made some (lots) of bad decisions, good riddens.
There will be a lot of work to straighten up America, and Trump needs all the help to make it happen.

Straighten up America? You mean go back to the days when Christians decided what everyone else could or couldn't do? Perhaps you'd like it if he took away the rights of homosexual couples to marry? Maybe you'll enjoy it when he starts jailing the press for saying things he doesn't like. That'll be REALLY retro.

Quote from: pr126 on December 03, 2016, 12:10:46 PMWhile I expect that the left will throw the spanners in the works just in spite.
They don't want him to  succeed, the don't want America to succeed.

Oh, yeah. Unlike Republicans, who totally never opposed anything Obama did just because he was Obama.

http://ivn.us/2013/09/27/obamacare-was-originally-proposed-by-republicans/
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--