How do you feel about the new president of USA?

Started by Rob4you, November 11, 2016, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atheon

I feel like urinating on his head and then taking a dump in his mouth. That would give me satisfaction.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Mermaid

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 12, 2016, 01:32:13 AM
Imagine for a second if Sarah Palin were President.  Now strip away her political experience and give her even more outrageous quotes.  We're talking repugnant to the point that big names in the Republican Party have openly criticized her.  Now imagine she gets to name not only a Cabinet but also at least one Supreme Court justice.
The one thing, and ONLY one thing, that Trump has going for him is that he's not an uber Christian lunatic. For that, I am grateful.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mermaid on November 12, 2016, 08:50:47 AM
The one thing, and ONLY one thing, that Trump has going for him is that he's not an uber Christian lunatic. For that, I am grateful.

Until that 'being an uber Christian lunatic' proves to earn big money and help him stay in power. That man has no values, no principles. He doesn't believe anything but himself and the profit he can get for himself. He'll shape into anything to stay there, he doesn't have to hold the fanatic view himself.

From this angle, actually we would know where we stand with a religious freak and America has experience to fight with that. It's old news. 

It's not just Trump who has no experience in directing a country, it is also American people have no experience with being directed by a man like Trump which translates to a scale of uncertainity and fear the country has never lived through before, esp. because now this is happening after Obama. From economy to social life, basic domestic issues first everything will be in a dark, uncertain atmosphere.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mermaid

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 12, 2016, 09:06:24 AM
Until that 'being an uber Christian lunatic' proves to earn big money and help him stay in power. That man has no values, no principles. He doesn't believe anything but himself and the profit he can get for himself. He'll shape into anything to stay there, he doesn't have to hold the fanatic view himself.

From this angle, actually we would know where we stand with a religious freak and America has experience to fight with that. It's old news. 

It's not just Trump who has no experience in directing a country, it is also American people have no experience with being directed by a man like Trump which translates to a scale of uncertainity and fear the country has never lived through before, esp. because now this is happening after Obama. From economy to social life, basic domestic issues first everything will be in a dark, uncertain atmosphere.

You don't have to tell me. I am absolutely appalled.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Hydra009

Quote from: Mermaid on November 12, 2016, 08:50:47 AMThe one thing, and ONLY one thing, that Trump has going for him is that he's not an uber Christian lunatic. For that, I am grateful.
Yeah, but a lot of the people he's going to sweep into power will be.  And then we can kiss much of the progress that has been made in the last 8 years goodbye.

Atheon

Yup. Instead of draining the swamp, he's filling it with sewage from the worst dregs of the Republican rogues gallery.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on November 12, 2016, 03:35:37 AM
I feel like urinating on his head and then taking a dump in his mouth. That would give me satisfaction.

That is very Pussy Riot of you ... and Mr Putin, a real leader, doesn't like that!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

It is the people who voted for him that I worry about more.  Trump will be gone soon.  They will remain.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

It is is not Trump I worry about so much.  It is his supporters.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Cavebear on November 13, 2016, 03:17:10 AM
It is is not Trump I worry about so much.  It is his supporters.

Check out this blog post: https://www.allthink.com/1902322

I've started following James A. Lindsay but I haven't read his books yet.

Cavebear

Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 13, 2016, 03:42:24 AM
Check out this blog post: https://www.allthink.com/1902322

I've started following James A. Lindsay but I haven't read his books yet.

Tell us a reason to click the link.  If you can't say why, I'm not going to bother.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Cavebear on November 13, 2016, 03:45:57 AM
Tell us a reason to click the link.  If you can't say why, I'm not going to bother.

It discusses how conservatives are generally good people and progressive liberalism has been moving too fast for their sensibilities to keep up, creating the pendulum swing that has resulted in Trump. It is an appeal for progressives look from the social conservative perspective.

... Social conservatives have been put under tremendous pressure to accept an awful lot of progressive social upheaval very quickly. As social psychologist Jonathan Haidt has pointed out, the Civil Rights movement was merely 50 years ago; the Gay Rights movement began just 20 years ago and is reaching its successful conclusion now; and, in just the last 3 years, most Americans have gone from almost complete unawareness of transgendered individuals to their identity politics being one of the most contested cultural and political battlegrounds in the nation. That's fast. (For comparison, it took the US from its time as a collection of British colonies until 1863, almost 250 years, just to end slavery and another 90 years to initiate a real effort for civil rights, and it needed nearly 300 years to give women the vote and another 70 to embrace the notion of women's equal employment outside of the home.)

Progressives often insist that there is great moral force in the fact that marginalized and oppressed communities cannot psychologically bear the oppression, and they're right. Social progressives seem simultaneously completely unconcerned that conservatives may face similar psychological difficulty with accepting change more quickly than they are able. Because of the difference in civil liberties at hand, I don't mean to suggest that there is complete parity between these circumstances; there's not. Still, demanding that one group deal with more than they can bear at the behest of the rights of another is precisely what makes identity politics so divisive, and the blade cuts both ways. ...

Munch

Trump is a greaseball businessman who only cares for profit, that concerns me less then what his right hand evil VP represents, and the thought that someone like that could control america with just one bullet to trumps fat head.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

I hate to say it, but I've been feeling somewhat suicidal lately.  Usually I cope pretty well with the feelings, but this week has been a real test.  My sisters kids and grandkids have been assaulted in Texas.
In SC things haven't really changed much that I've noticed yet.
I think this administration is going to crash and burn, but sadly take most of us with them into poverty and war. Time will tell, but I'm not entirely sure I'll be around for all of it. If I don't start getting some sleep I'll be a basket case in no time. I just lay awake with a sense of dread 24/7. I want to ignore it, but I can't. 
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.