How do you feel about the new president of USA?

Started by Rob4you, November 11, 2016, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

I have a theory how the game was lost.

The Hill allowed Trump to run to the very end because they assumed that Trump has a snowballs chance in hell getting elected.

The same reason that McCain and later Romney was allowed to be nominated. Because they wanted Obama. It worked on both those occasions.

This time the  inconceivable happened, the people chose Trump not because he is better qualified, but because most Americans had enough of the Democratic party, the lies, the corruption, the misrule.

The shock was  devastating. They just simply could not accept the people's choices.

Since the results all sort of "RentaMob " mobilized to create as much mayhem as possible all over the states.

The President and his mob looks on, rubbing their hands in glee, and not trying to stop it.
So much for the Democrats democracy.

All those "safe place" snowflakes are out rioting, destroying property, beating up people.
For $15 per hour, and free Bus rides wherever they needed.

Good luck America, you need it.

drunkenshoe

You are a genius, honey. Everyone is speechless.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

AllPurposeAtheist

QuoteRussia and China are the future.
Which is what makes me wonder if the democratic party is ripe for a takeover by external forces such as the Chinese Communists or another bunch.. I'm not particularly predicting it, but there could be a case made that the rise of trump could push people from the left into their laps..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: pr126 on November 15, 2016, 06:44:40 AM
I have a theory how the game was lost.

The Hill allowed Trump to run to the very end because they assumed that Trump has a snowballs chance in hell getting elected.

The same reason that McCain and later Romney was allowed to be nominated. Because they wanted Obama. It worked on both those occasions.

This time the  inconceivable happened, the people chose Trump not because he is better qualified, but because most Americans had enough of the Democratic party, the lies, the corruption, the misrule.

The shock was  devastating. They just simply could not accept the people's choices.

Since the results all sort of "RentaMob " mobilized to create as much mayhem as possible all over the states.

The President and his mob looks on, rubbing their hands in glee, and not trying to stop it.
So much for the Democrats democracy.

All those "safe place" snowflakes are out rioting, destroying property, beating up people.
For $15 per hour, and free Bus rides wherever they needed.

Good luck America, you need it.

No, the right wing has had a relentless campaign of smear tactics against anyone from the left for many years and the majority of the news media, especially television is controlled by right wing ideologs. They were able to give trump almost endless free publicity and by the time anyone realized the shit storm he was bringing it was too late. It gets to the point sometimes where even bad publicity is good publicity. His name was kept in front of the public 24/7. So much for the idea of a free and independent press. That idea died a very long time ago.

Atheon

America has put a gun to its temple and pulled the trigger. Dictatorship is coming, mark my words. If dictatorship doesn't come by the time Trump's term(s) is(are) over, America will be badly weakened. America, basically, is toast. Hillary was our last, best chance.

The only satisfaction I have is that I was not complicit.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Hydra009

Quote from: Atheon on November 15, 2016, 02:56:42 AMI voted for Bernie in the primaries and Hillary in the general. The maximally sane strategy.
Same here.  I'm amazed that this strategy wasn't more popular.  I follow a bunch of people on Youtube and there are lots of election reactions - but only a few of them voted that way or voted at all.  Many disliked Clinton as much as Trump and went third party or stayed home.  Some even supported Trump.  In the near future, we're going to see just how wise those strategies were.

AllPurposeAtheist

All the whining about the 'tyranny of Obama' over the past 8 years is going to feel like grandma kissing us on our collective cheeks when its all said and done. The idiots who thought HRC and Obama were the tyrants are in for a very rude shock. While people might be fine watching 1000s of Muslims getting deported i wonder how they're going to feel when half or more of their immediate families are locked away or just vanish in the middle of the night never to be seen or heard from again.   

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 15, 2016, 08:22:50 AM
Same here.  I'm amazed that this strategy wasn't more popular.  I follow a bunch of people on Youtube and there are lots of election reactions - but only a few of them voted that way or voted at all.  Many disliked Clinton as much as Trump and went third party or stayed home.  Some even supported Trump.  In the near future, we're going to see just how wise those strategies were.
I'm not sure voting Bernie in the primary and Clinton in the general was so much a strategy as dog chasing tail..

Mike Cl

Quote from: Atheon on November 15, 2016, 02:56:42 AM
Yes.

But I'm not. I voted for Bernie in the primaries and Hillary in the general. The maximally sane strategy.
That's what I did.  But right now I need to get over my feeling of dread.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

pr126

OK, after the temper tanrums, hissy fits, riots, destruction, what is the next step?

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Atheon on November 15, 2016, 02:56:42 AM
Yes.

But I'm not. I voted for Bernie in the primaries and Hillary in the general. The maximally sane strategy.

Me too. My husband was as appalled at my voting for Sanders as I was at him voting for Trump. Fortunately he changed his mind and voted for Hillary in the presidential election.

https://youtu.be/jyoQpLVrhGI

Gawdzilla Sama

I predicted elsewhere that there would be an asterisk by the years 2001-2008 with a footnote "President's office vacant." I suspect that will come around again.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 15, 2016, 10:49:50 AM
I predicted elsewhere that there would be an asterisk by the years 2001-2008 with a footnote "President's office vacant." I suspect that will come around again.

If President Trump makes Trump Towers into the new San Clemente ... then yes, he won't be in that office very often.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.