News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Gates Warren 2020

Started by Absurd Atheist, November 10, 2016, 08:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Absurd Atheist

I've given this some thought in the aftermath of this election and finally accepted the results. Moving forward I think our best strategy is to start planning for the 2020 election. Now assuming Donald Trump hasn't gotten everyone killed by then, I think our best bet is another successful businessman and well-liked, non-controversial Liberal candidate. I think Bill Gates and Elizabeth Warren are our best shot at the moment. Running another establishment nobody versus Donald Trump would be suicide, and in case you don't think he can win the second election, no one thought he'd win the first one so I'm not taking any chances.

Gates: I understand that Gates has said in the past (earlier this year in fact) that he was uninterested in the President's office but considering recent events he might be inclined to reconsider. He will be younger then both Clinton and Trump and is a household name and extremely successful philanthropist. He's also not oblivious to the environment and studies show a lot of Americans would vote for him if he ran.

Senator Warren: Consider for this election as Clinton's running mate, she's smart and as well as well-versed in the economic sphere. We will need to need two candidates to pull us out of this economic collapse Donald Trump is bringing down on us. Plus after Donald Trump officially set women back 20-30 years a woman as VP is a great start to get us back on track.

So what do you think?

Gates Warren for the 2020-2024 Cycle?
"To have faith is to lose your mind and to win God."
-The Sickness unto Death - 1849

Shiranu

I don't even remotely believe he will run, honestly.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

AllPurposeAtheist

Bill Gates would talk to nice. No, we need a real cut throat bastard, not someone with the personality of a q-tip. We'd be better off with Jon Stewart although he's not interested.

Take your pick..https://www.scribd.com/mobile/document/328047420/50-Military-Generals-and-Officers-Denounce-Donald-Trump
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Absurd Atheist

Quote from: Shiranu on November 10, 2016, 08:38:33 AM
I don't even remotely believe he will run, honestly.

A shame really.

Absurd Atheist

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 10, 2016, 08:52:20 AM
Bill Gates would talk to nice. No, we need a real cut throat bastard, not someone with the personality of a q-tip. We'd be better off with Jon Stewart although he's not interested.

Take your pick..https://www.scribd.com/mobile/document/328047420/50-Military-Generals-and-Officers-Denounce-Donald-Trump

I believe he's already left the country...

Atheon

This assumes there will be elections by that time in the New Reich: the Democratic People's Republic of Trumpia.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

AllPurposeAtheist

Perhaps Anthony Weiner should run in 2020.. He suddenly doesn't seem to bad..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

GSOgymrat

Anyone who is intelligent and capable but doesn't have a personality disorder is going to be too smart to volunteer for the bloody hell of a presidential campaign, particularly now that nothing is off limits. Would anyone here want to be subject to what Clinton and Trump went through?

We need a reluctant Hobbit who is resistant to the corrupting power of the one ring to save Middle Earth.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 10, 2016, 08:52:20 AM

Obama defenestrated some generals.  Looks like Trump needs to do more of the same.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on November 10, 2016, 10:03:17 AM
This assumes there will be elections by that time in the New Reich: the Democratic People's Republic of Trumpia.

Do you even get the irony of that title? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Poison Tree

The number one goal for the Democrats in 2020 must be to take state houses so that they can draw the new congressional districts after the 2020 census. As for presidential candidates, while she may be too inexperienced I'd keep an eye on Tammy Duckworth if for no other reason then her personal narrative (assuming she's a "natural born" citizen)
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Cavebear

Why would Gates take such a pay cut and less influence in the world?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2016, 12:12:12 AM
Why would Gates take such a pay cut and less influence in the world?

Love how some people ... replace worship of politicians with worship of businessmen.  We got best of both this year ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.