News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Who Really Won Last Night?

Started by Shiranu, November 09, 2016, 08:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2016, 09:18:40 AM
Your State is entirely YOUR embarrassment.

No, it is not.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2016, 09:18:40 AM
I was referring the the whole US.  Your State is entirely YOUR embarrassment.
Oh, so there aren't similarly idiotic and reprehensible people in the rest of the US?

Do you honestly have the naivete to believe that national elections are somehow immune from stunning displays of poor judgment?

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 11, 2016, 09:31:04 AM
Oh, so there aren't similarly idiotic and reprehensible people in the rest of the US?

Never.  In MY State, we are utterly perfect.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2016, 09:34:03 AM
Never.  In MY State, we are utterly perfect.

You live in Bikini Bottom?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cavebear

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2016, 09:37:36 AM
Oh much better place than that.

You think Bikini Bottom is a good place to live?!

Cavebear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 11, 2016, 09:39:20 AM
You think Bikini Bottom is a good place to live?!

Seems to be good if you are Sandy the Squirrel...  But that's not where I mean.

GrinningYMIR

Bikini bottom got nuked twice bro
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Cavebear

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on November 11, 2016, 09:41:25 AM
Bikini bottom got nuked twice bro

I don't watch it often enough to know.

drunkenshoe

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2016, 09:45:32 AM
I don't watch it often enough to know.

The prior poster was referring to US nuclear testing in the 50s ... do keep up!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 11, 2016, 09:49:33 AM
The prior poster was referring to US nuclear testing in the 50s ... do keep up!
I know, but it was the Spongebob place under discussion.  I hope.

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2016, 07:34:50 AM
You might want to try that again. The only assassination threats were from Trump gun fanatics if Clinton won loud vocal "2nd amendment" solutions...  The most a Democrat could do is throw a golf ball or lawn dart.  Are you regularly so disinformational?

In point of fact, I have not heard any such talk from conservatives.  This is not to say it never happened.  No doubt it has.  I just haven't heard it.  I was referring to my circle of friends, all of them liberal.  Conservatives are not part of that close circle.  I don't have enough in common with conservatives to make close ties with them.  While such a remark is an exception rather than the rule, I ask, "Are these people being serious?"  I don't think so.  It's most likely trash talk born of frustration.  Unfortunately, it is often backhandedly legitimized with the addendum, "...but I can understand why people would."  I find that offensive in liberal circles as much as it is from Rush Limbaugh.  It paints a suggestive ugly attitude of which I want no part, yet I risk being associated with the likes of it.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2016, 09:26:19 AM
Then I am sorry for the change.  I can't keep up with every change everywhere.  There are just too many nations.

I might well agree with you about Trump.  But we have power balances hard to overcome.
I really, really, deep down, really, want that to be correct.  I am not so sure any more.  I have a feeling many of the people of Germany, in the late 1920's said much the same.  The Supreme Court is already in the process of turning back the social clock several hundred years.  Congress is less than a joke; they do nothing other than insure they get paid.  And now the presidency is in the hands of some sort of hate monger; and one who cares only about his own personal finances.  I don't feel good about our chances as a nation.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?