News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Who Really Won Last Night?

Started by Shiranu, November 09, 2016, 08:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Sure, Trump won... but he is not the only one celebrating the historic event. Here are some other Americans who felt they won big last night...

The list is getting too long, so I will just leave this link here.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/09/trump-supporters-neo-nazis-white-nationalists-kkk-militias-racism-hate

The KKK...

QuoteIn her own words: "White people are realizing they are becoming strangers in their own country and they do not have a major political voice speaking for them," Pendergraft wrote in an email responding to questions for this article. "Trump is one example of the alternative-right candidate Knights Party members and supporters have been looking for."

Neo-Nazis...

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/11/8/13565566/neo-nazis-explain-support-donald-trump

QuoteEndorsement: "We have a wonderful OPPORTUNITY here folks, that may never come again, at the RIGHT time," Suhayda wrote to Nazi party members in September 2015. "Donald Trump's campaign statements, if nothing else, have SHOWN that 'our views' are NOT so 'unpopular' as the Political Correctness crowd have told everyone they are!"

Endorsement: "Only Trump can turn back the brown tide, and thinking Whites know this," stated a VNN post in February 2016. "Is Trump the ideal man? Nope, but he'll do until the ideal man gets here." VNN has also described Trump as "the Last Hope for Whites Before America Turns Brown and Non-Western."

Quote "ALL that dance to the tune of the jew [sic] should and will be exterminated with the jew!" Kreis once wrote on the Aryan Nations website. 

Anti-Islamists...

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/09/trump-supporters-neo-nazis-white-nationalists-kkk-militias-racism-hate

QuoteJon Ritzheimer

Anti-Islam activist, awaiting sentencing on a federal felony charge related to involvement in the Oregon occupation   
Endorsement: Last December, Ritzheimer showed up with a bullhorn at a Trump rally in Arizona, where he expressed strong support for the candidate's proposal "to stop Islamic immigration for a while." He also referred to anti-Trump protesters as "Muslims" and thanked them "for not blowing us up."
In his own words: Ritzheimer said in an online video (since removed), "Just know that we three percent, we militiamen, are standing at the ready across our nation. And when you strike, we will strike back. We will level and demolish every mosque across this country."

This is what 5/6th of America thinks is okay.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

So you want a recount on all the successful MJ law changes too?  Sour grapes, and not willing to play with the big boys.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

TomFoolery

I'm just gonna leave this here. I'm so thankful for Alexander Hamilton for this historical irony from Federalist No. 68, even if it took 228 years to prove him wholly wrong:

QuoteThe process of election affords a moral certainty, that the office of President will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications. Talents for low intrigue, and the little arts of popularity, may alone suffice to elevate a man to the first honors in a single State; but it will require other talents, and a different kind of merit, to establish him in the esteem and confidence of the whole Union, or of so considerable a portion of it as would be necessary to make him a successful candidate for the distinguished office of President of the United States.
https://www.congress.gov/resources/display/content/The+Federalist+Papers#TheFederalistPapers-68
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

SGOS

Trump won.  I'm certain of that.  Others may feel victory.  Some may actually achieve an advantage, but I doubt the rewards of winning will be much greater than just a sense of validation.  The political structure in the US is a well guarded enterprise, and no politician is going to change the basic structure.  No president does.  And I doubt that Trump is an exception.

Baruch

If the plurality of the vote holds up for Hillary ... then we can draw a different conclusion.  And it isn't so much the Electoral College itself, as it is the gerrymandering of small precincts that keep giving excess power to the Republicans ... in Congressional Elections.  I would say that the Electoral College structure doesn't create that, but that it magnifies that.

It may be of scant solace, but a non-plurailty win for Trump, plus a weak Republican control of the Senate and House ... means they don't have much of a mandate to do anything.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SGOS on November 10, 2016, 06:49:07 AM
Trump won.  I'm certain of that.  Others may feel victory.  Some may actually achieve an advantage, but I doubt the rewards of winning will be much greater than just a sense of validation.  The political structure in the US is a well guarded enterprise, and no politician is going to change the basic structure.  No president does.  And I doubt that Trump is an exception.

This.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Unbeliever

The only people who ever win these "elections" are the billionaires. They, and they alone, decide who will occupy the Oval Office.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on November 10, 2016, 06:49:07 AM
I hope you are correct.  That is just about the only hope I have left.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 10, 2016, 03:56:55 PM
The only people who ever win these "elections" are the billionaires. They, and they alone, decide who will occupy the Oval Office.

They should, they own the place, and all the people in it.  Silly voters thinking that Lincoln ended slavery ... bwahaha
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

No, slavery didn't end, it just changed form.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 10, 2016, 05:20:22 PM
No, slavery didn't end, it just changed form.

You are too smart to be an American ... Canadian perhaps?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Frankly i think this is a lot more about window dressing. Everyone that I have talked to over the last months have nothing against people of color or sexual identity…they hate the established core and want to go outside of it and view Trump as a valid outsider. This is far more about hating a government that has ignored you than hating other people.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hurt

Quote from: aitm on November 10, 2016, 07:18:09 PM
Frankly i think this is a lot more about window dressing. Everyone that I have talked to over the last months have nothing against people of color or sexual identity…they hate the established core and want to go outside of it and view Trump as a valid outsider. This is far more about hating a government that has ignored you than hating other people.

Hating the corrupt politicians and the system that put them where they are. Trump spoke against it, like Sanders did. People want the government to obey them and address their needs.
Cui Bono

aitm

Quote from: Hurt on November 10, 2016, 07:44:47 PM
People want the government to obey them and address their needs.

that is indeed the real purpose of the government. Hence the new outright indignation, and where we are today.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Cavebear

Quote from: aitm on November 10, 2016, 09:33:12 PM
that is indeed the real purpose of the government. Hence the new outright indignation, and where we are today.

The voters have made a choice.  Mostly, they do a pretty good job.  We will have to see about this one.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!