‘Impeach Trump’ — Protests Erupt Over Election Win -Already started.

Started by drunkenshoe, November 09, 2016, 04:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

The youth of this country voted well. They did not vote Trump. A very large and overwhelming majority of people in their 20s and 30s did not vote Trump. It was the older generation that did this.

Anarchy is only an imaginary concept because we've never been so frightened by our own government before... At least since the 18th century when we stole our country from Britain. And not since the 19th century when the South tried to secede. Imagination may in fact become reality again. It never was imaginary anyway. It was just dormant

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on November 10, 2016, 04:23:34 AM
If someone did assassinate him, then America is at the mercy of Mike Pence, a person who's trans phobic, anti gay, probably racist, and denies evolution

That is Trump's life insurance card, silly ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on November 10, 2016, 03:08:32 AM
I do, in part, agree with widdershins, but the other part of me is thinking "there will be an overthrow of the government" and also that that might be a good thing.

That is, after all, what Trump instigated and suggested. That all the politicians are corrupt and we need to get them out. Even if he was lying to get votes, he probably didn't expect for this to happen from people opposing him

You are a left-handed red-neck ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Baruch on November 10, 2016, 04:39:28 AM
You are a left-handed red-neck ;-)
I'm right handed and I live by NYC. In no where near being a redneck

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on November 10, 2016, 03:08:32 AM
I do, in part, agree with widdershins, but the other part of me is thinking "there will be an overthrow of the government" and also that that might be a good thing.

That is, after all, what Trump instigated and suggested. That all the politicians are corrupt and we need to get them out. Even if he was lying to get votes, he probably didn't expect for this to happen from people opposing him

Occupy was such a damn success.  The authorities were inches from committing a Kiev (false flag shooting) on the protestors.  Y'all have forgotten Kent State.  Riots help the Establishment ... show that the peons need a good beating.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on November 10, 2016, 04:27:13 AM
The youth of this country voted well. They did not vote Trump. A very large and overwhelming majority of people in their 20s and 30s did not vote Trump. It was the older generation that did this.

Anarchy is only an imaginary concept because we've never been so frightened by our own government before... At least since the 18th century when we stole our country from Britain. And not since the 19th century when the South tried to secede. Imagination may in fact become reality again. It never was imaginary anyway. It was just dormant

Originally it was the pro-British (in 1812) and self righteous (abolitionist) New England that wanted to secede first, long before S Carolina.  The South wanted nullification (state law negating federal law), but the Feds, even Andrew Jackson, wouldn't allow that.  Now it is pot drunk California who is calling for secession.  The Feds will walk in and put the cuffs on all the stoners if necessary, and hand the keys to the Mexicans.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: PickelledEggs on November 10, 2016, 04:27:13 AM

Yes. I am personally proud of you all. The youth was a clean, bright blue compared to the bloody pus. It means things actually changed in the US contrary to the common belief.

QuoteAnarchy is only an imaginary concept because we've never been so frightened by our own government before... At least since the 18th century when we stole our country from Britain. And not since the 19th century when the South tried to secede. Imagination may in fact become reality again. It never was imaginary anyway. It was just dormant

I just told that to Nonsensei yesterday. "You are not used to live in this kind of fear." This is the world I live in, I am sorry you have joined in, but it is the real one. :sad2:

Yes, I agree. I sometimes think understanding America is digging things back to civil war terms. Like distasteful crash course. Sigh.

But nothing of the sort will happen today, Steve. I'd like to say a lot of things to you on this, but it is not the time. Don't be afraid. Cheer up. Mwah. *Hugs.

PS I'll visit the US in a few months if nothing goes wrong. Around when he is official. I'd die if I don't say 'Hi' to him. :PPP

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on November 10, 2016, 04:37:47 AM
That is Trump's life insurance card, silly ;-)

*shivers* dam, I should have expected such evil corporation head tactics, it's like robocops Dick Jones.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on November 10, 2016, 04:42:51 AM
Riots help the Establishment ... show that the peons need a good beating.

Do not agree. Depends on the timing and the scale of the riot. When the real one comes, don't sit inside. Go out help the young people rioting. Carry water and food, take care of their wounds. Talk to them. Stop being chynical and listen to them. You'll be very surprised and grateful. You will learn so much of different things than any books can give. 

There is nothing more powerful than a good, natural massive riot to unite a people of a country when it is called for, doesn't matter how much they disagree with each other. Nothing can stand in front of that. I'd feel pity for any power. Otherwise that fear and uncertainity would rot everyone inside. Leave nothing. Literally nothing to live for. No life, no spirit. You can't survive. Society can't survive these backward periods without them.

We are social, violent animals capable to do anything possible to take care of our own; we are primates. There is a time to drop the delusion that is called civilisation to help push it in some way.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Happened in the 60s ... we are all Marxists now, right?  But yes, I know one young person, my daughter.  If she is an example, she does show that there are changes in the young people, but below the horizon of polling.  They are giving up some of the neurotic hangups of their predecessors ... and that is a good thing.  I have no existential fear for the next generation.  It will be rough, it usually is ... but they are good people ... and they will mature over time.

It was Jefferson's idea, that every election year should be a storming of the Bastille .. but he was wrong.  The point of the US Constitution is stability, not a permanent state of Leftist revolution.  Revolutions are eventually coopted by the Establishment anyway.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

Something that hasn't been mentioned and could potentially happen is if Trump goes completely off the rails and the congress decides to rubber stamp it all, especially all his bluster about knowing more than all of the generals we could see a military coup. I'm not predicting such a thing happening, but if they put us in too much peril it could be the last check against Russian aggression.. Scary times indeed.  If any one group has the literal power to overthrow the government it would be the military and the CIA. They've not shown the propensity to do it much in the past, but Trump didn't exactly endear himself to the military.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

widdershins

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 09, 2016, 04:43:32 PM
You cannot blame anyone for getting angry, going out and making a protest; even for getting violent. Protest is a democractic right too. Social explosions are far more democractic than a rich, racist white president.

Calling these people 'scared whiny bitches' is pretty much Trump politics and you are whinning about people's reactions to a catastrophie. What did you think was going to happen?

But then is your life going to get an impact with Trump reign? I pretty much doubt it. You are a white man living in the middle of nowhere.

You can ALWAYS blame people for getting violent.  Protest is democratic, yes.  Pretending democracy doesn't apply when you lose is not.  That's what the other guys do every time they lose.  I hated it then, I have no choice but to hate it now if I want to be a fair, rational person about it.
This sentence is a lie...

AllPurposeAtheist

If you don't think violence is democratic you haven't been paying attention. If majority people want to kick your ass that's pretty democratic. It's mob violence often, but democracy. Democracy is often ugly and violent.

AllPurposeAtheist

If you google 'protests' about the election you get more mainstream coverage,  but replace protest with riots you get almost strictly right wing news..

drunkenshoe

To widdershins and everyone who looks with the same apathy and despise to the protests and riots.

Sure you can blame people for violence, but that never means you are actually pointing out a good reason or making a rational explanation or even it is the correct way to go according to the given circumstances contrary to your belief. There is a huge difference between wanting to blame people because you hate what is happening; because you think they are bad at losing AND why those people are actually rioting. This is not a fucking football game. This is your country. And that country has a huge inlfuence on the planet.

But what is so important at this point is that you and most of the Americans STILL HAVE NO IDEA what has just happened as far as I can see. This is not some ordinary election that was lost to republicans, it is not even about that orangutan. The new America, the religious facist America will come with sweet tongues of proganada and democracy to destroy everything that was accomplished more or less, good or bad.

You know why? Because when Obama came to power, Republicans in the USA 'dropped' class badly for the first time in your country's history. The question of did they really is not important. The point is all the nationalist and religious, fascist groups in every culture have the basic common trait of seeing themselves as the city hall; the state and the moment they have become the marginalised, the moment the social change gives it fruit they strike back viciously, in the most organised and brutal way and then one day you wake up and look and cannot recognise the place you live in.

Those people are not rioting because they have LOST some race. They are young people who are aware the possible consequences and results of what is lost, because all that progressive 'shit' people love to look down ACTUALLY WORKED. Because they have lived in that America the last 8 years, they have become adults in that America. They are alive.

And American youth kicked ass compared to their old, racist, ignorant fellow Americans who is holding on to the an ancient obslete social system. They will continue to that by protests and riots I hope, they will not sit on their ass throwing cycnical hatred around in front of the computer and calling social reaction and explosion against a catastrophie 'stupid'.

What is so alien to me this obviously American trend of looking at protests and riots as abhorrent senseless actions of violence. This is bullshit and more royalist than the king. People of the world would laugh at you EXTRA for this even in the ME; in all those ocuntries American cultures loves to look far down. If over a million people can go out in Anatolia by themselves to protest a govenment, you can too.

YOU HAVE TO LEARN to get out and protest and riot if it's necessary in this or that way, doesn't matter if you want or not. There is NO other way. Or you are going to wake up in an America that has lost the only few redeeming values of its existence we can actually defend.

Wake up. This is not the time to watch your country through comedy shows and football games from seperate teams AND wait for somebody to market you some saviour with high profit opinions.