‘Impeach Trump’ — Protests Erupt Over Election Win -Already started.

Started by drunkenshoe, November 09, 2016, 04:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

I'm guessing these will disappear in a few days or actually even tomorrow and won't get big? Say yes, please.

Baruch

Research something serious, the Chicago Convention riots of 1968 ... lasted for decades, that one did ;-)

You can only impeach, for what Trump does after he is in office ... Bill Clinton wasn't impeached (indicted) over his bad behavior as Arkansas governor.  Besides, he was just being a good old boy, like Jack Kennedy.  Impeachment is highly unlikely ... plenty of President's deserved it, and never got it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Don't know. I know if one pops up in San Marcos I will probably go. I would reckon LAMBDA (our LGBT community) will hold some type of event.

More than likely they will die down until he is officially sworn in.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 09, 2016, 06:18:46 PM
Strange, other than the Washington post the only other US "news" source covering any of it that I can find are right wing rags such as infowars.the rest appear to be either British or Russian...now that's odd..

I trust the BBC and RT ... American media, not so much.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on November 09, 2016, 08:05:34 PM
Honestly, it's like looking at pictures of Tehran during the Green Revolution or places like Cairo during the Arab Spring; the young and the educated get fucked over by the bigotry and conservatism of the older generations. Then the rhetoric is the same; they are "bed wetting toy throwers upset with losing" or "Western educated trouble makers who don't belong in Egyptian/Iranian society" because they dare to protest homophobia and sexism that is, bluntly, a direct result of America's Puritan Christianity or want a secular state instead of a Ayatollah.

Congrats America, we are falling to the depths of Iran. At least Iran can blame us for overthrowing their secular government... what excuse do we have for letting radical Puritan ideology make 5/6th's of the American population either directly or silently support a bigoted government?

I have said it once, twice and some more again... people like you Baron are so, so similar to the very radicals you condemn... you just cheer to a different beat and don't realise it's the same song with a different tempo.

Read Persepolis, or watch the animated movie (in French) ... get some perspective.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Shiranu on November 09, 2016, 08:47:41 PM
Don't know. I know if one pops up in San Marcos I will probably go. I would reckon LAMBDA (our LGBT community) will hold some type of event.

More than likely they will die down until he is officially sworn in.

Be careful. Don't get in front. Stay somewhere at right back where you can see the action clearly. Find people you can rely on.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 09, 2016, 09:53:24 PM
Be careful. Don't get in front. Stay somewhere at right back where you can see the action clearly. Find people you can rely on.

Et tu, Brute!  Beware Greeks bearing gifts ... and Italians bearing daggers.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

I do, in part, agree with widdershins, but the other part of me is thinking "there will be an overthrow of the government" and also that that might be a good thing.

That is, after all, what Trump instigated and suggested. That all the politicians are corrupt and we need to get them out. Even if he was lying to get votes, he probably didn't expect for this to happen from people opposing him

drunkenshoe

It's very hypocritical to be included in the only group this man hasn't targeted, insulted or theratened and call this people stupid or 'whiny bitches'.

I honestly don't get what people were expecting to happen? No protests at all?

PickelledEggs

The point is, we're going to have to accept Trump as our president and as the person that is in charge of a full third of our country for the time being.

That said, it's understandable that people are going to try to not let that happen as a last-ditch effort to prevent him from his presidency. Even if it's after the fact.
In addition to riots and protests, I've overheard people saying things like "someone is probably going to assassinate him". This was even months and months ago. Before the primaries were even done.

I kind of feel like the US is on the verge of full-fledged anarchy. Riots and all. I'm just glad I remembered that the election was yesterday, instead of going in to the city. I'd probably still be stuck there.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: PickelledEggs on November 10, 2016, 03:51:23 AM
In addition to riots and protests, I've overheard people saying things like "someone is probably going to assassinate him". This was even months and months ago. Before the primaries were even done.

I definitely agree with you on that. It's stupid and damaging. :/

QuoteI kind of feel like the US is on the verge of full-fledged anarchy. Riots and all. I'm just glad I remembered that the election was yesterday, instead of going in to the city. I'd probably still be stuck there.

No, I don't believe it is that bad. I actually think things will calm down after people got used to Trump seeing on media as President Trump and things will calm down. So don't worry.

However, if people do not give any reaction when necessary that it is even worse. Don't forget that. Full fledge 'anarchy' is an imaginary concept in 21st century America , Pickel. I think you mean massive social explosion. Yes there could be massive protests all around the country, people could even die, but considering the size of the country I pretty much doubt that anything chaotic would happen.

Besides, if things really get in to the worst irreversable state, you should all go out to protect your country, your future. Especially YOU, young people. I know this sound surreal to you. But it is not.

Do you remember the massive protests that happened in my country in 2013? That was a natural social explosion. Nobody called anyone out. So if something like that would happen, it will happen by itself.

Munch

If someone did assassinate him, then America is at the mercy of Mike Pence, a person who's trans phobic, anti gay, probably racist, and denies evolution
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin