‘Impeach Trump’ — Protests Erupt Over Election Win -Already started.

Started by drunkenshoe, November 09, 2016, 04:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Trump is making bad decisions now.  But they are only possibilities until he actually takes officeand does something.  We need to see what he does then. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Shiranu

Quote from: Cavebear on November 28, 2016, 01:45:30 AM
Trump is making bad decisions now.  But they are only possibilities until he actually takes officeand does something.  We need to see what he does then. 

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Cavebear on November 28, 2016, 01:45:30 AM
What do you think the odds are that in 2019, we'll love what went down in 2016?

"I didn't have a good opinion of Trump during the election when he said a lot of dumb shit and advocated some terrible policies.  I didn't like him shortly after his election victory when he started floating horrific appointments.  But after he took office, everything turned out okay.  He didn't do any of the horrible stuff he said he was going to do.  Instead, along with our Republican legislature, he implemented a lot of sensible and wise policies.  Our healthcare system is better than ever.  Our energy policy is the envy of the world.  Our social policies are forward-thinking and progressive.  Our allies love us.  We even put a kibosh on Cold War II - Russia now has a very cordial and cooperative relationship with us and our European allies, especially Ukraine."

Anyone feel like betting on that outcome?

AllPurposeAtheist

Yeah..now if only the fair maiden would kiss the monster the angry townfolk will put away the pitchforks and torches and go home to live happily ever after..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Actually, since health care and health insurance inflation continues way higher than wage increases, it is only a matter of time before a bottle of aspirin is the only medicine you can get.  Welcome to Banana Republic.

Sucking up to Ukraine and Saudi Arabia has been good ... how?  Rather have Russia and China on my side, any day.

A Republican legislature isn't my problem, it is a Democrat problem.

Having a least some coal industry is necessary for industry (unless you really do move it all to China).

Americans have never been progressive ... Left policies are the exception, not the rule.  Read your American history.

Our allies are always screwing us over ... we should have enemies that good.

Will Trump improve this?  I doubt it.  The problems are systemic, not partisan.  You are two wolves arguing over who gets to eat the last sheep.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

widdershins

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 28, 2016, 11:44:29 AM

"I didn't have a good opinion of Trump during the election when he said a lot of dumb shit and advocated some terrible policies.  I didn't like him shortly after his election victory when he started floating horrific appointments.  But after he took office, everything turned out okay.  He didn't do any of the horrible stuff he said he was going to do.  Instead, along with our Republican legislature, he implemented a lot of sensible and wise policies.  Our healthcare system is better than ever.  Our energy policy is the envy of the world.  Our social policies are forward-thinking and progressive.  Our allies love us.  We even put a kibosh on Cold War II - Russia now has a very cordial and cooperative relationship with us and our European allies, especially Ukraine."

I might be persuaded to place a wager, not on whether we'll be happy about the choice or not, but to what extent he and the Republicans in office fuck us over.  I'm thinking it will be a medium hard fucking.  Could have gone better, but definitely could have gone worse.
This sentence is a lie...

Unbeliever

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 28, 2016, 11:44:29 AM

Wow, I never expected to see the phrase "sensible and wise policies" in the same sentence with "Republican legislature." Even if it was tongue in cheek...

I think a wait-and-see attitude is going to backfire on those who like the idea.

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: widdershins on November 28, 2016, 01:27:58 PM
I'm thinking it will be a medium hard fucking.

I think it'll be as if they used one of these on us, set to maximum thrust:

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Some people like that sort of thing ... sometime even dressed in cosplay outfits.  This only happens because American men are total losers as lovers.  Fortunately Spanish, French ... Italian men aren't right over the border, or our children would all look like them, not like us ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.