News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

"YOU'RE FIRED!"

Started by Solomon Zorn, November 09, 2016, 02:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 09, 2016, 04:12:34 PM
Does any of you have a Border Collie? A Labrador would do it too. They are all smarter and more loyal, definitely better looking than the possible candidates.   

Sorry, Zorn. I am still too crushed to get coherent. You guys come up with something and I will tag along. 
My grandma actually raises and trains border collies. Great dogs. Loyal and dependable...better than what we elected.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on November 10, 2016, 01:42:34 AM
Gavin Newsom might be cool. He could galvanize the stoner vote. :weed:

Yeah, but he'd have to put tWinkies or something in all THE votingboots to ensure they show up.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Cavebear

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on November 09, 2016, 03:59:55 PM
Gold Five:"Stay on target...Stay on target"

This thread has drifted. Still looking for candidates. Biden might have had a good shot this time, I could probably get behind him. But I refuse to believe that in a country of 300,000,000 people, we can't find a few to get excited about.

Biden might have been a better candidate.  But it seemed like Clinton was sure to win.  Everyone thought so until election night.  Even the Trump people were polishing his concession speech...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Hurt

I'd like Sanders to run again, if he's healthy enough, or someone with his values.
Cui Bono

Baruch

Quote from: Hurt on November 11, 2016, 03:44:59 PM
I'd like Sanders to run again, if he's healthy enough, or someone with his values.

Not too many 60s versions of New Deal politics left.  I would assume that the DNC would screw him again.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Biden and Clinton and Sanders are too old for a run.  It will be a surprise candidate in 2020
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Solomon Zorn

If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

SGOS

Quote from: Shiranu on November 09, 2016, 08:37:11 PM
Hmmm... let's blame the Democratic Party for 5/6th of America being okay with xenophobia, racism, sexism, bigotry of all forms, the calling for war crimes...

Jason's argument was that Democrats picked a weak candidate when it was a year to pick a strong candidate.  We now know Hillary was weak, because she lost, and to an asshole, at that.  I read his post twice (possibly the wrong post), but I didn't see him making the claims you were objecting to.

I don't know that Sanders would have beat Trump.  I don't know that all Clinton supporters would have backed him had he been given the nomination.  The only thing we have to point to is that polls showed him in a slightly better position to win the national election.  Actually, Sanders didn't convince me that he was a great candidate.  I certainly never felt the level of inspiration towards him that I did towards Obama in his run against Clinton (well founded or not).  At best, I would have guessed Sanders slightly more likely to win than Clinton, and even then, not with a high degree of confidence.  But in always tight national elections, subtle differences can change the outcome.  Also, for Sanders to win, his supporters would have had to turn out and vote the way they said they would, which not all Clinton supporters did.

There were no doubt better choices than Sanders or Clinton out there.  Probably some actual slam dunks, but they weren't in the race.  Jason was saying in a wide open year, you need to run those kinds.  I realized Hillary would run again when she lost to Obama.  She had established herself in the public eye.  She had been around since the dark ages.  And nominating her would pay homage to years of traditional Democratic political strategy.

AllPurposeAtheist

Being we pretty much know that the Republicans are going to be a disaster and very likely crash the economy somehow it feels like the Democrats could run an old lawn mower and win 2020 if they can afford the gas by then.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 13, 2016, 07:46:36 AM
Being we pretty much know that the Republicans are going to be a disaster and very likely crash the economy somehow it feels like the Democrats could run an old lawn mower and win 2020 if they can afford the gas by then.

A free pass to any old Democratic nominee was given in 2008.  A lawn mower could have won that one, but that year was the most extraordinarily bleak election year I can remember in terms of American self worth.  I wouldn't wish that on another generation, no matter how much I'd like to see Republicans fail.  Nothing good comes from such a rock bottom place in our history.  I hope we never see that place again.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 09, 2016, 02:59:42 PM
Hmmm, I thought this thread was about Trump's apprenticeship starting on Jan. 20th. It will be fun to watch a novice squirm.

Just another worm on a fishing hook, like Obama 2009
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on November 09, 2016, 03:59:55 PM
Gold Five:"Stay on target...Stay on target"

This thread has drifted. Still looking for candidates. Biden might have had a good shot this time, I could probably get behind him. But I refuse to believe that in a country of 300,000,000 people, we can't find a few to get excited about.

Don't worry, they are grooming Chelsea for Mommy's old Senate seat.  She will be ready for the White House in 2020 ... after a mere 2 years in the Senate.  That position (taken by the carpet bagging Clintons) is a pocket borough ... a lot of rich people on the 19th tee ... like Obama.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on November 09, 2016, 09:12:55 PM
Then Trump is even more terrible then given credit for given the open-season for bigots he has sparked.

Bigots aren't going anywhere ... there is no progress, not even for male hating, white hating, rich hating, American hating ... (I don't mean you personally, unless you really do wear a Che under-shirt).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on November 13, 2016, 08:16:12 AM
A free pass to any old Democratic nominee was given in 2008.  A lawn mower could have won that one, but that year was the most extraordinarily bleak election year I can remember in terms of American self worth.  I wouldn't wish that on another generation, no matter how much I'd like to see Republicans fail.  Nothing good comes from such a rock bottom place in our history.  I hope we never see that place again.

It has been 2008, every year since 2008 ... there was no recovery!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.